Riots

Guess this is the best place to put this....what a mess....true fans don't do this crap..

Granted packing that many people into a downtown square probably not the best idea, and keeping it Canadian, they looted at the Bay, perfect!

At least one guy got it, made the stop and probably regretted it....flashbang to the groin... :o

A complete disgrace! I'm so ashamed the world saw that.

The people who were s*** disturbing are NOT hockey fans. They are terrorists and should have been treated as so.

They only came to cause trouble and fight.

That's a Terrorist in my book.

A complete disgrace! I'm so ashamed the world saw that.

The people who were s*** disturbing are NOT hockey fans. They are terrorists and should have been treated as so.

They only came to cause trouble and fight.

That's a Terrorist in my book.

We know down in the states that it wasn't the Canucks fans. They reported that on the national news. The jerks brought gas masks...Who brings a gas mask to a sporting event viewing party. They would have started trouble win or lose. I was impressed with the real fans and true Canadiens who attempted to stop the guys trying to bust out the business windows.

I hate seeing that crap. Go to google images and search "Vancouver Riot". There are tons of images on there of this mess.

• 6 months later...

I was there and for various reasons it was pretty obvious I was a tourist. People kept apologizing to me and saying it was not indicative of their city/country/team. I told them, relax, I grew up in Los Angeles, this is not even a real riot to me!!!

I was working the game so I missed the real crap storm out there, had to wait around quite a bit for things and why not? We got to go on the ice for postgame interviews, I took a puff of Shawn Thornton's stog and given that I wasn't on a real tight deadline hung around as much as possible to get material and hammer out my story. Maybe 90 minutes after the final horn, I left and by then things were more or less chilled out. Still lots of smoke and pepper spray, big deal, you could encounter that buying a pair of Jordans.