Photomatching

KaneIsDirty

I know these boards are for jerseys, but I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips on trying to photomatch a game used stick. I know it's a Kyle Quincey game used stick used during the 2009-2010 season but nothing more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

your best source is gettyimage.

Depends on your definition of "photomatching". Are you just trying to match that stick style, OR are you trying to match that specific stick?

Stick are way more difficult than jersey to match because the only way you can match it is some sort of cracked lable or other markings on the stick.

I'm trying to match the specific stick and it has a tape tear on the blade and he wrote 27 on the shaft. Through searching gettyimages I found that he writes his number on about 50% of his sticks and he only used the model stick I have for the 2009-2010 season. So I think I have a decent start but don't really know where to go from there. I will post pictures later.

I'm trying to match the specific stick and it has a tape tear on the blade and he wrote 27 on the shaft. Through searching gettyimages I found that he writes his number on about 50% of his sticks and he only used the model stick I have for the 2009-2010 season. So I think I have a decent start but don't really know where to go from there. I will post pictures later.

http://www.zimbio.com/Kyle+Quincey/pictures/pro?Page=2

Start there and work your way back maybe.

http://www.zimbio.com/Kyle+Quincey/pictures/pro?Page=2

Start there and work your way back maybe.

zimbio would work, but they are just gettyimage without the watermark.

Players (or maybe equipment guy) always wrote numbers on the stick, just in case they broke in a game it will be much easier to grab the sticks for the players.

zimbio would work, but they are just gettyimage without the watermark.

Players (or maybe equipment guy) always wrote numbers on the stick, just in case they broke in a game it will be much easier to grab the sticks for the players.

I understand that the players usually wrote the number on the stick, but when I got the stick from the team shop in the Pepsi Center last summer there were 3 or 4 Quincey sticks and only the one I got had a number on it. When I bought it I thought the others might have just been practice sticks, but after looking through gettyimages, I noticed that about 50% of the time, his stick did not have the number on it. Thanks for all the help guys.

Just start sorting trough images and see if you can match the tape markings. I imagine it will be pretty tough to do, but not impossible...

I tried it once before, but from a different perspective, I knew which stick I wanted, so I tried to match photos from the game, so it was more of an exclusion than a photo match type search.

• 1 year later...