2011-12 NHL Jersey Changes

akteon

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on both posts. The Oilers white looks really good, and I love the new Panthers jersey. Both look great.

Looks like the Islanders are wearing a patch for this upcoming year too. I'll bet it says, "WE WON A STANLEY CUP ONCE. YAY US."

Looks like the Islanders are wearing a patch for this upcoming year too. I'll bet it says, "WE WON A STANLEY CUP ONCE. YAY US."

LOL!

I for one had high hopes for thr panthers jersey as I like the panthers set, but in my mind this new jersey is horrible. Plus is given for the removal of the stripes down the front but no pinstripe separating the navy from red kills it for me. If there was a good set of waist stripes I might could have lived with it but as someone else said, the thing looks like a fashion jersey. This is in no way better then what they had in my opinion.

Hmmm...judging by that photo, it almost looks as if the Oilers have FINALLY made the switch to 2.0 EDGE jerseys.

Taylor Hall received a 2.0 last year.

I really like the Oilers, Kings, and Panthers jerseys!

The Isles patch looks really nice! Eric told me they were going to wear a patch on the shoulder. Not a fan of the patch on the shoulder, but it is okay to celebrate our history.

I for one had high hopes for thr panthers jersey as I like the panthers set, but in my mind this new jersey is horrible. Plus is given for the removal of the stripes down the front but no pinstripe separating the navy from red kills it for me. If there was a good set of waist stripes I might could have lived with it but as someone else said, the thing looks like a fashion jersey. This is in no way better then what they had in my opinion.

Agreed about the Panthers jersey. Would have looked MUCH nicer had it been ALL red with some striping. That blue nonsense down the sleeves HAS to go. Completely ruins the jersey IMO.

Actually the jersey is the same as what JackFr posted but there is Nashville working on the top right side.

0623-nsh-jerseysleaked.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308875834424

Although this is probably a prototype because there is a vector on the jersey.

FACEPALM ...... still with the piping and inadequate space on the back for a name longer than 8 characters.

I give them big props for "owning a color" like gold and going with primary colors and not pulling a St. Louis Rams

and darkening everything. Plus the name on the back of the collar is a nice touch, I'm still on the fence about the

one on the front right shoulder, but I do know that having BOTH of them is redundant and not needed. I would have liked them

to keep their current number font.

The front of the new Nashville Road jersey.

Notice that "Nashville" on the front didn't make the final cut. Looks a lot better IMO.

IMG_9628.jpg

Edited by Grizzly44

Guess this is as official as it gets. :angry:

New Kings For Sale

I'm sorry for your loss, the old ones were much better. What happened to going purple/gold full time?

I really hate the Panthers one. They missed the boat big time, where are the bottom stripes? And those sleeves? Awkward. It reminds me of this other Reebok failure.

leafs_jersey_white.jpg

I really hate the Panthers one. They missed the boat big time, where are the bottom stripes? And those sleeves? Awkward. It reminds me of this other Reebok failure.

leafs_jersey_white.jpg

Agreed. The stripes NEVER should have left. I do like the current Leafs EDGE jerseys though.

As for the ones Akteon pointed out, the Kings one is OK in my opinion. I like the Oilers the best. Nice to see them go with the vintage look to pair their blue home. The Panthers jersey had the potential to be great. But IMO the navy blue from the sleeves to the neck is just GROSS. Not enough color on the Preds jersey, too much white IMO.

leafs_jersey_white.jpg

I personally liked this style of Leafs jersey but they would have been 10x better if they added a shoulder patch of some kind.

The Preds are having their Development Camp right now and here are some pictures of the number font. I guess they just didn't rip the Ducks' number font off after all. Also, the guitar chords are a lot more subtle than I thought.

264141_10150247326812558_6245252557_7248749_4273423_n.jpg

261286_10150247326067558_6245252557_7248736_1883415_n.jpg