2011-12 NHL Jersey Changes

akteon

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like too. I think it'd be better if it more accurately stated what they're celebrating. Something along the lines of "Celebrating one good decade and 30 years of losing" :D

I like too. I think it'd be better if it more accurately stated what they're celebrating. Something along the lines of "Celebrating one good decade and 30 years of losing" :D

They're just following the trend the Rangers set last year. You know, by celebrating 75 years instead of "15 years ago we had our only good season since they expanded the league beyond six teams 40+ years ago". :thumbsup:

Nice Isles patch. I think it will look nice on their jerseys, only if they don't put it on the shoulder.

I like it too. The good thing about having a circular logo is you can easily turn it into a patch.

Very similar to the Oilers' 30th, but I still like it

Matt, it will be on the shoulder on all three jerseys <_<

Looks like Shop.NHL.com has all the jerseys from the draft up for sale

p10660640nm.jpgp10674362nm.jpgp10674600nm.jpgp10661211nm.jpg

what the!?!?!?!?!? I thought they were making the jerseys more like the pre edge jerseys??? i thought reebok learned from their mistake,, still the stupid jock tag!! and prob still cheap material!

I like it too. The good thing about having a circular logo is you can easily turn it into a patch.

Very similar to the Oilers' 30th, but I still like it

Matt, it will be on the shoulder on all three jerseys <_<

DARN IT!!! :glare: Oh well, I had hope that it wouldn't. :lol: I guess the shoulder is the "new" place to place these patches. Penguins put their inaugural season at Consol patch on the shoulder too on all three jerseys....

I like all of them, especially the Oilers, but the Panthers would be better if they just kept the blue limited to the shoulders, and added a stripe to the bottom.

Am I the only one who likes the Kings' return to silver and black?

Not even close. If you go to Kings games, you'll see tons of the new black/silver/whites; they seem really popular with fans. My overall impression though, after reading through various blogs, including LA Kings Insider, is that opinions are divided- lots of people love 'em, and others just hate them. Most of the haters don't seem to have a problem with the color scheme, they just think the home plate logo is unoriginal and boring. I kinda feel that way myself. Personally I also wish they had kept some of the purple, that was pretty unique. At least the purple/black home jersey won't be completely retired; supposedly it's going to be used as a 3rd.

Not even close. If you go to Kings games, you'll see tons of the new black/silver/whites; they seem really popular with fans. My overall impression though, after reading through various blogs, including LA Kings Insider, is that opinions are divided- lots of people love 'em, and others just hate them. Most of the haters don't seem to have a problem with the color scheme, they just think the home plate logo is unoriginal and boring. I kinda feel that way myself. Personally I also wish they had kept some of the purple, that was pretty unique. At least the purple/black home jersey won't be completely retired; supposedly it's going to be used as a 3rd.

Good to hear that about the purple jersey. That is one of my favorites. I like the silver and black for the Kings, but don't mind the purple as well. By keeping the purple as the third, IMO, it's a good balance for the fans. Even if the third is only worn for several games, fans who like it still get to see it! :thumbsup:

Good to hear that about the purple jersey. That is one of my favorites. I like the silver and black for the Kings, but don't mind the purple as well. By keeping the purple as the third, IMO, it's a good balance for the fans. Even if the third is only worn for several games, fans who like it still get to see it! :thumbsup:

What I find interesting is how many people really loved the purple/gold throwbacks that were used as the alternate last year. As much of a Kings' fan as I am, I never really cared much for the purple/golds, they seemed somewhat clownish to me. (Sorry if I offend anyone, it's just an opinion.). A lot of fans on the LA Kings Insider blog were really disappointed that the purple/golds won't be used as the 3rd next season. As for me, I'd like to get more use out of my black/purple Edge!

I thought the purple and gold retros were very cool. Something about matching the lakers is cool. Kinda like a pittsburgh thing going on. Bring back the color in the NHL. Look at this comparison:

http://nhluniforms.com/2010-11.html

http://nhluniforms.com/1985-86.html

Actually I don't have a problem with the colors at all; purple and gold are quite cool. What I didn't like about these jerseys is the crown logo. For some reason, whenever I look at it, I'm reminded of those silly Imperial margarine commercials they used to show a long time ago. Wonder if anyone here is old enough to remember those!

I like all of them, especially the Oilers, but the Panthers would be better if they just kept the blue limited to the shoulders, and added a stripe to the bottom.

Agreed. I also don't like the lettering/numbers on the Panthers jersey. I think it's boring, would've looked better with 3 layers. I really like the font on the Preds jersey though, and the Oilers font looks pretty good also. I think the Kings jersey would've been better if they used 2 color lettering though. I can't wait to see the Preds yellows and what they do with the lettering. I might have to deviate from my Rangers collection and buy a Nashville jersey if the final home is that bright yellow it looks to be.

Yeah the crowns a little gimmicky but what isnt about sports?

Id be all for the old colors with a revised crown. Someone should do that up over at icethetics

Agree with you 100 percent there.

I thought the purple and gold retros were very cool. Something about matching the lakers is cool. Kinda like a pittsburgh thing going on. Bring back the color in the NHL. Look at this comparison:

http://nhluniforms.com/2010-11.html

http://nhluniforms.com/1985-86.html

The Kings will be using Purple/Gold in selected games in 2011-12.

Also, the new white jersey is not a direct opposite color wise of the black. The silver in the black jersey is a knitted grey on the white.