2011-12 NHL Jersey Changes

akteon

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I don't have a problem with the colors at all; purple and gold are quite cool. What I didn't like about these jerseys is the crown logo. For some reason, whenever I look at it, I'm reminded of those silly Imperial margarine commercials they used to show a long time ago. Wonder if anyone here is old enough to remember those!

I'm actually glad teams are switching their jerseys back to their roots (original logo and colors). Two teams who I would like to switch to permanent home and away jerseys that were their roots are Vancouver and Calgary. I know the Canucks wore their original jerseys (in EDGE) last year, but I would like to see them use the "stick in rink" as their primary jerseys, and just scrap the "Vancouver" orca jerseys.

Same goes for Calgary. I am not a big fan of their current homes with the black "C". IMO they should go back to the jerseys they wore when they moved from Atlanta to Calgary. In other words, make their red alternate the new home and create an EDGE reproduction of the white version.

I'm actually glad teams are switching their jerseys back to their roots (original logo and colors). Two teams who I would like to switch to permanent home and away jerseys that were their roots are Vancouver and Calgary. I know the Canucks wore their original jerseys (in EDGE) last year, but I would like to see them use the "stick in rink" as their primary jerseys, and just scrap the "Vancouver" orca jerseys.

Same goes for Calgary. I am not a big fan of their current homes with the black "C". IMO they should go back to the jerseys they wore when they moved from Atlanta to Calgary. In other words, make their red alternate the new home and create an EDGE reproduction of the white version.

Ottawa too, the new senator looks silly imo

Ottawa too, the new senator looks silly imo

If the Senators created new home and away jerseys like the white and black ones from the picture below, I would be extremely happy.

Senators05.png

with some of the changes, I wish for one BIG change. It would be nice if the NHL would end the nonsense of the home team wearing the colors and road wearing the white. Makes no sense, IMO.

I think Mike already explained this on JC, but it has to do with traveling with less equipment I believe.

Correct...however, the thing I don't understand is that they are all ready packing two sets of jerseys and socks anyway (practice).

Yeah, so imagine having to pack 3. Not to mention that when you wear a dark uniform and a light uniform you sometimes wear different pants, pads, gloves and helmets.

Yeah, so imagine having to pack 3. Not to mention that when you wear a dark uniform and a light uniform you sometimes wear different pants, pads, gloves and helmets.

What's one more set? Don't forget, assuming home wears white/visiting wears dark, they will only need to pack 3 sets of jerseys, socks and helmets when the home team plans on wearing the third jersey. So it is possible that they will still pack 2 sets. Simple solution to the socks will be to use the opposite color socks during practice. They already carry at least two sets of gloves/player and the gloves don't change depending on home/away (it changes on the third, which should be the home team's problem). There were times when road teams requested to wear their third on the road when they played the Isles (Blackhawks and Penguins)...it can be done if they had better attitudes about packing equipment lol.

It's not just about packing the equipment, but getting it through security. Post 9/11 world, things aren't as easy as they used to be. And just cause one team is gonna wear a 3rd jersey doesn't mean that every team on a road trip is gonna wear a 3rd jersey. It's not like you always go right back home after one game.

Aside from all that nonsense, as a fan, I prefer the color jersey to be the home jersey, cause I like to wear the home jersey, and white gets dirty too easily. I'd be afraid to sit in my ###### chair in a white jersey. As it is, I don't eat or drink when I wear a jersey to a game.

As it is, I don't eat or drink when I wear a jersey to a game.

You need to get a beater jersey. I have 4 that I wear to games, 2 premiers, a blank Nike Orange authentic, and an Orange CCM Lindros that has a small hole and is poorly customized. That way I no longer need to worry about getting stained or small snags. I also keep my eyes out for clearance replica jerseys to add to my stable of 'game usable' jerseys...

As a fan, I used to look forward to the Habs coming in with their red jerseys. I used to love those jerseys. Now, I can never see them live again. What is the point of the rangers being called Blueskirts if I can't see them at the Coli wearing their blueskirts or if any other fan base can't see them wearing the blueskirts? I know what my jerseys look like...I want variety!

You need to get a beater jersey. I have 4 that I wear to games, 2 premiers, a blank Nike Orange authentic, and an Orange CCM Lindros that has a small hole and is poorly customized. That way I no longer need to worry about getting stained or small snags. I also keep my eyes out for clearance replica jerseys to add to my stable of 'game usable' jerseys...

I think that the Dubinsky authentic I got for like $112 is my beater jersey if anything, cause I don't like to wear the premiers anymore. At the same time though, I don't see the point to owning these things if I'm not gonna wear them and they're just gonna sit in my closet. Besides, beater jerseys aren't the jerseys that people look at and make comments about. Some of the stuff we have in our closets would get some looks at the games, so I don't see the point of not wearing them.

with some of the changes, I wish for one BIG change. It would be nice if the NHL would end the nonsense of the home team wearing the colors and road wearing the white. Makes no sense, IMO.

I'm completely in agreement with this, and the comments made by NYIJM. I grew up watching the home team donning white every night. That is the way I think it should be. The home team's fans should be able to see the visiting team's colors so they can know each other NHL team sports jerseys that are a color other than white. There's a reason in the first place why the NHL switched from darks to lights in the early 70s, so it would not be boring for the fans to see their teams dark and the visitor white every night.

In the MLB the home team, over 90% of the time, wears white, right (the exception being alternate jerseys)? And the visitor is in gray. Same goes for the NBA - home = white, visitor = colors.

Baseball teams usually always wear their alts lol. I would like to see the breakdown. Like the Rockies/Brewers/Mets have at least 4 jerseys, so they are always changing it up.

In the MLB the jerseys are selected by the home teams's pitcher and then the road team's pitchers. So blame the pitchers for all the alts being worn.

Never knew that...seems like a good idea. Teams will then have to always pack all of their jerseys then..right?

Yes, but the difference between packing all sets of the jerseys in the MLB and NHL is that in the MLB you don't have to pack all the pads so it makes it easier on the equipment managers.

Preds White jersey http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/6/25/2243826/new-nashville-predators-away-jerseys-official

I find the key board thing very interesting. Might have to buy one now.

1) Isles 40th jerseys (3x-6x)

7) Jets

8) Preds

9) Ducks alt (this probably could be cheap...I'll get a premier, if they clearance those out to make room for the REEBOK jersey)

10) Pens old jersey with PITTSBURGH diagonal

I find the fact that there's a Vector instead of a wordmark on the back of the neck to be more interesting!

I said the same thing to myself too, but I am more interested in the Keyboard/guitar strings. Whats next? A trumpet on the sleeve? Mike Keenan isn't there to save the Preds :thumbsup:

I said the same thing to myself too, but I am more interested in the Keyboard/guitar strings. Whats next? A trumpet on the sleeve? Mike Keenan isn't there to save the Preds :thumbsup:

I wanna see the Preds homes. If they look anything like what Icethetics had, I'm going to want one.