NHL 2011-2012 Season

NYIJM29

So today is the 2011 NHL Entry Draft in Minnesota. Is anyone going tonight?

Who do you want your team to take?

At number 5, I think Garth will trade down. However, if the Isles stay at 5, I wouldn't mind who they take of the remaining: RNH (going # 1), Huber (going #2 IMO) Landeskog, Couturier, Larsson, or Hamilton. I wouldn't mind Ryan Strome, but I prefer everyone else listed above more than Strome. I absolutely don't want Ryan Murphy...the Isles have enoguh defensemen like him already (puck moving, PP QB-->Calvin de Haan).

Weirdest feeling is I am 18 and just graduated high school last night. Some of these 18 year olds are going to be drafted into the NHL tonight and will sign a contract worth $875,000 (before bonuses) soon.

So today is the 2011 NHL Entry Draft in Minnesota. Is anyone going tonight?

Who do you want your team to take?

At number 5, I think Garth will trade down. However, if the Isles stay at 5, I wouldn't mind who they take of the remaining: RNH (going # 1), Huber (going #2 IMO) Landeskog, Couturier, Larsson, or Hamilton. I wouldn't mind Ryan Strome, but I prefer everyone else listed above more than Strome. I absolutely don't want Ryan Murphy...the Isles have enoguh defensemen like him already (puck moving, PP QB-->Calvin de Haan).

Weirdest feeling is I am 18 and just graduated high school last night. Some of these 18 year olds are going to be drafted into the NHL tonight and will sign a contract worth $875,000 (before bonuses) soon.

Im pretty pumped to watch the draft. The only other time I remember watching the draft is when the Flyers selected JVR 2nd overall.

Im still hoping the Flyers can trade up and possibly get Landeskog or Larsson. If not Im hoping Hamilton holds off till #8

Im pretty pumped to watch the draft. The only other time I remember watching the draft is when the Flyers selected JVR 2nd overall.

Im still hoping the Flyers can trade up and possibly get Landeskog or Larsson. If not Im hoping Hamilton holds off till #8

This year is actually pretty deep. There is a top-10. I can see Philly moving up. Supposedly Versteeg is going to be the next one gone. If the Flyers were offering Hartnell, if I were the Isles, I'd swap firsts (5 for the 8) and send one of the second rounders or a prospect (A. Ness-small defenseman) for Hartnell.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=370268

Ehrhoff's rights traded to NYI.

All I can say is wow. Snow is trying to improve this team and a legitimate top-4 defenseman was what many of us Isles fans(yes, I am not the only one :thumbsup: ) wanted. Sure he has to sign him, but at least he did something. If/when Ehrhoff signs with the NYI, the Isles will have a very solid top 6. Streit and Ehrhoff will be the top pairing, hopefully both Travis Hamonic and Andy Macdonald can continue their strong play to end the year (well AMac was hurt, but he played very well throughout the season), and Eaton-Jurcina is a decent third pairing. Jurcina, at least IMO, is somewhat underrated. The Isles were so much better with AMac and Jurcina in the lineup compared to when they were injured.

Paul Kariya announced his retirement today :( There goes any hope of him doing a final goodbye season with Selanne in Anaheim...lets home Selanne doesn't go that route either

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=370372

Ehrhoff declined the Isles offer and will be a free agent.

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2011/06/the-good-news-ehrhoff-turns-down-nyithis-is-when-it-gets-really-exciting-in-the-country/

He is not worth more than $6 million and I am impressed Snow offered that to Ehrhoff. Like the GM that texted Botta, if Snow is willing to pay $6 million to Ehrhroff, I can actually see Snow giving Stamkos or Doughty an Offer Sheet now.

• 2 months later...