Flyers trade Carter & Richards WOWOWOWOW

TMLFAN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked! Especially after I just bought a Richards Flyers Edge 2.0 (Black jersey era) 2 weeks ago!

I thought the Carter deal was a good one, but Homer really F'd up with trading Richards..... Who is EVER going to want to come to Philly if Homer is willing to trade away players with 11 plus year contracts!!!

#### this.

Paul Holmgren is a moron.

+1, Im still stunned..... I guess Pronger is our new captain. All I got to say is Bryzgalov better be come up huge for us in the next couple years.

I was really excited for the 2012 season and this being the year to finally win the Stanley Cup, now I'm not too sure. If I was Timmo I would be pissed that my last remaining years in the NHL will be on a team that looks to be rebuilding.

+1, Im still stunned..... I guess Pronger is our new captain. All I got to say is Bryzgalov better be come up huge for us in the next couple years.

Why the hell even bother now with him now?

These trades just set the Flyers back 5 years. Whats the point in signing Bryz?

And honestly, both Pronger and Timonen should be shopped. The Flyers needed to win NOW, and they wont anymore. Pronger and Timonen have 2 good years left in them if they are lucky. It wont help contribute to a cup. Trade them to get some more picks and prospects

I literally just had a heart attack.

I literally just had a heart attack.

I think just about every Flyers fan did.

The whole story behind Richards and the dressing room must have been a whole lot worse than was reported

These deals make no sense. Trade away two key members of your team, for guys who have the potential to be key guys. Wasn't the point of Bryzgalov to win now?

Congratulations Daniel and Claude, you now have to shoulder an entire team's offensive load. Good luck!

###### ###### ###### ######

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/pages/flyers-tweets

"#Flyers have signed Bryzgalov to a 9-year $51 million deal according to a source... "

No, I get it. Richards and Carter were problems, but I thought splitting them up would be enough. Bryz wasn't the cause of this, this was going to happen. Snyder said something about it and had it done. We got a good cap hit on Bryz, btw. This just really sucks right now. A lot.

Also, we're allegedly putting in an offer for Stamkos.

The return Philly got is great, a ton of potential for those guys to become great players. That being said, can they step up and fill the net right away?

The return Philly got is great, a ton of potential for those guys to become great players. That being said, can they step up and fill the net right away?

I dont know a lot about Schenn but the last thing I want them to do is rush him into the NHL. Let him take his time

Why the hell even bother now with him now?

These trades just set the Flyers back 5 years. Whats the point in signing Bryz?

And honestly, both Pronger and Timonen should be shopped. The Flyers needed to win NOW, and they wont anymore. Pronger and Timonen have 2 good years left in them if they are lucky. It wont help contribute to a cup. Trade them to get some more picks and prospects

Why did the Flyers not try to trade for a real goalie with those two (Bryzgalov = Cechmanek)

That would be the smart move here...........

No, I get it. Richards and Carter were problems, but I thought splitting them up would be enough. Bryz wasn't the cause of this, this was going to happen. Snyder said something about it and had it done. We got a good cap hit on Bryz, btw. This just really sucks right now. A lot.

Also, we're allegedly putting in an offer for Stamkos.

With what money? We had just over 10 million of cap space before Bryz was signed. That is cut in half now. And Nodl and Powe are still RFA's.

We need to dump Vertseeg and 8th pick to Florida for the 3rd pick

I dont a lot about Schenn but the last thing I want them to do is rush him into the NHL. Let him take his time

Schenn will become a fan favorite in Philly I'm sure. He's gotten his feet wet in LA, and I'd say is just about ready for prime time. That being said, he needs to be sheltered behind some bigger offensive guns. And fan expectations have to be tempered. Although considering who he was traded for, that might be easier said than done in Philly.

With what money? We had just over 10 million of cap space before Bryz was signed. That is cut in half now. And Nodl and Powe are still RFA's.

We need to dump Vertseeg and 8th pick to Florida for the 3rd pick

Actually, before Bryz we had over $13M. We're at $7.5 now, but allegedly trading Steeg soon as you said.

Brilliant, we just got better my only concern is what to do with my Richards jerseys hahahaha.

Also, I was wrong, that number has Leighton on Lappy on the books, we have a few million more. Apparently we're going after Stamkos...

One other theory could be news with Timmo and Pronger not being full strength for next season and Homer seeing the writing on the wall that the cup will not be in play for next year and he is thinking long term.

Brilliant, we just got better my only concern is what to do with my Richards jerseys hahahaha.

Also, I was wrong, that number has Leighton on Lappy on the books, we have a few million more. Apparently we're going after Stamkos...

+1, I have a Richards Edge 1.0 and Edge 2.0 in Black... I will keep the 2.0 but will sell the 1.0 for jersey (cap) space. lol.

I wouldn't mind Stamkos if it was for long term and a decent cap hit.... I am still worried about Bryz, I hope he turns out to be as good as snider and Holmgren think he will be. I don't want this to be another Vanbeezy debacle.