Whats the deal with the SC Rings?

NYIJM29

On eBay, I have been noticing a lot more fake SC rings? Obviously they are from China and are not using real diamonds. Anyone have any thoughts on them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Stanley-Cup-Championship-Ring-/260807896993?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cb95cafa1

I think they arejust replica rings with say Cubic Zirconia instead of real diamonds. I dont get why the one side has Crosby's name and then i see the Flyers logo..that makes no sense unless Crosby beats himself in the face with his ring to implant the Flyers logo on his forehead. Ive seen replica rings like that before and i think there pretty cool for 50-100 bucks but not more IMO.

I think they arejust replica rings with say Cubic Zirconia instead of real diamonds. I dont get why the one side has Crosby's name and then i see the Flyers logo..that makes no sense unless Crosby beats himself in the face with his ring to implant the Flyers logo on his forehead. Ive seen replica rings like that before and i think there pretty cool for 50-100 bucks but not more IMO.

The Flyers logo is on there because it shows all the teams Pittsburgh beat to win the cup.

Have to agree about the replica rings. They are neat and look somewhat close to the ACTUAL thing. Couldn't imagine what it would be like to have an actual Cup ring in my hands.... :D We can dream, can't we? :P

I was thinking if I see an Isles one (or Ducks or Canes' Weight instead of Wallin), I would probably buy it, as long as it does not exceed $50-75...Good to know that I had pretty much the same "value" as Kurt :thumbsup: .

I always wanted a Championship ring. I was even thinking about getting a job inside the Long Island Ducks (independent baseball league) clubhouse so if they win a championship, I'd have an opportunity to buy a ring lol.

I was thinking if I see an Isles one (or Ducks or Canes' Weight instead of Wallin), I would probably buy it, as long as it does not exceed $50-75...Good to know that I had pretty much the same "value" as Kurt :thumbsup: .

I always wanted a Championship ring. I was even thinking about getting a job inside the Long Island Ducks (independent baseball league) clubhouse so if they win a championship, I'd have an opportunity to buy a ring lol.

I found one that I bought on ebay. The quality wasn't too bad, about what I expected. Plus it was cheaper than that in price. :lol: Check there, or I am sure there are other places you could pick one up. :thumbsup: