Stamkos - Will he stay in TB?

So we are now less than 48 hours away from free agency opening and Stamkos still has no contract.

There are a couple Flyers writers are saying they are deciding whether to give Stamkos a contract of $115 million over 12 years (9.58 a year) or go after a couple less expensive FA.

Does it matter whether Stamkos gets an offer or not? Will Tampa match any offer that is given to him?

This will be very interesting

I cannot see Tampa letting him walk...plus when did you ever really see an elite player who reached that level at that young of an age and walk from their original team. The flyers may make the offer just dont see Tampa not matching it.

If Garth can't get Ehrhoff, I think there were rumors of Snow going after Doughty or Stamkos (aside from Ek posting these rumors...But since Ek posted them, I highly doubt either would happen)

If Tampa doesn't do anything Brian Burke will make a ridiculous offer sheet for Stamkos. Could I say 10 million for 10-12 years?

Well that really isnt much different than the Flyers offer that is being reported.

The risk is the fact that Tampa has 7 days to match or not match any offer. So if they do in fact match an offer on the last day, the team whoever gave the offer sheet is screwed because all the good free agents will already be signed.

You guys are insane thinking the Bolts or Kings won't match an offersheet that gets thrown their way.

I also think people that think offersheets are going to happen are insane too. There's been like 3 since the Rangers tried to poach Joe Sakic in 1996 or 1997.

One was the Penner debacle. The Flyers tried to get Kesler, but were instantly matched. The third was the Hjalmarsson offersheet last year. Most GMs thing they are disrespectful also.