Free Agency

nogoal99

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in on Twitter - trade rumor involving the Flyers and Doughty....

From who?

Rumor has it Richards is getting pitched 12.8 mil for each of the first 2 seasons. Forget it, Ranger fans :(

Deals like these get frontloaded. That won't be his caphit.

From who?

BroadStHockey on Twitter. Somebody posted about a "trade too big to talk about", and BroadStHockey said "it's Doughty"

Gotta be nice having that much space to work with, but Florida is starting to look like a professional team now!

Either way, some pretty decent pickups. I would have loved Fleischmann on the Island. Bergy can be a top-6 player, but is best suited for the third line...he has to learn to not take stupid penalties. They have a top-2 dman in Campbell, Versteeg and Upshall join Booth and Weiss. Jovocop is a reliable dman, though 4 years for a 35 year old defenseman is too long. Though it is going to be extremely tough for Theodore to replace Vokoun.

No doubt about it, Florida will be a better team next season. Tallon is addressing their needs.

Edit: This guy is slightly less of a hack than Ek, but still...

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob/status/87002424157540352

Makes sense from the stand point of an Islander fan...Bailey, Comeau, Donovan, 2nd in 2012, get it done Garth or offer sheet that ######!

I know how much you don't like Talbot, NYIJM, but I bet you were glad to see he is staying in the Atlantic where he'll see the Isles 6 times next year. :lol:

This Richards circus is dragging out entirely too long. Supposedly by 12 we'll have an answer. Also, Habs/Hawks talking Kostitsyn.

I know how much you don't like Talbot, NYIJM, but I bet you were glad to see he is staying in the Atlantic where he'll see the Isles 6 times next year. :lol:

You know it! I guess you don't like that turtle now too?!?! The thing that pissed me off with the Isles is that they kept Gillies and let Konopka go. Gillies is one of the nicest players off the ice, but when you keep him over Zenon, wtf is Garth thinking. Konopka really brought the team together and can win faceoffs AND led the league in something (PIMs)!. Konopka is really hated by the refs, Gillies, not as much as Konopka, which migh be part of the reason why Konopka was let go. Also, that guy on Twitter Incarcerated Bob, said that DiPietro had an issue with Konopka. Whoever signs not as Big as Big Z but still Big Z, will be very happy with him.

On Richards: Going to go to the rangers where all good players go to die. Can't wait for Martin, Haley, and Gillies to get a shot at him. Over/under on how many seasons before he gets sent to the AHL? I say after the 5th season

Edited by NYIJM29

On Richards: Going to go to the rangers where all good players go to die

LOL just another hater. Now you sound like all the morons on the NHL.com Facebook page. That's right, he's going to magically become the worst player in hockey because he signed with the Rangers. If he went to your garbage team you'd be screaming about how he's going to instantly make you a contender, just like everyone else who was doing that yesterday.

I guess that means Matt Gilroy is now the next Gretzky because he left the Rangers to go to Tampa?

To be honest, I was not expecting Garth to even call Richards. John Tavares is, and will be, our top line center for years to come. That 9 year deal will haunt the rangers. Sure Richards is a great player, but will he be worth the $6.67 cap hit when he is 37-40? The ranger fans I know are a little annoyed about the 9 years.

Eric Lindros, Jaromir Jagr Part I, Pavel Bure, Wade Redden and I am sure I missed some are the great players that go to end their career as a stranger.

I get the impression you are a casual fan, Dropkick...not a die hard?

Good day for rangers fans imo. They also resigned Fedotenko which i think will help. He was solid last year and gives them another leader type in the clubhouse.

To be honest, I was not expecting Garth to even call Richards. John Tavares is, and will be, our top line center for years to come. That 9 year deal will haunt the rangers. Sure Richards is a great player, but will he be worth the $6.67 cap hit when he is 37-40? The ranger fans I know are a little annoyed about the 9 years.

Eric Lindros, Jaromir Jagr Part I, Pavel Bure, Wade Redden and I am sure I missed some.

A little misconception putting jagr with the rest of those (if your splitting the 35 games or so he was a ranger as pt1 before the lockout that shouldnt even count period as they dismantled the retirement home team as soon as he got there).

A little misconception putting jagr with the rest of those (if your splitting the 35 games or so he was a ranger as pt1 before the lockout that shouldnt even count period as they dismantled the retirement home team as soon as he got there).

I know, I know. I tried pulling a fast one B)

Eric Lindros, Jaromir Jagr Part I, Pavel Bure, Wade Redden and I am sure I missed some are the great players that go to end their career as a stranger.

I get the impression you are a casual fan, Dropkick...not a die hard?

I am a Rangers diehard, I'm just tired of all the idiots who ARE casual fans, blatantly insisting that Richards, who is one of the top centers in the game and is almost a point a game player in his 770-something career games, is going to suddenly become a hack because he's playing for the Rangers. It doesn't work like that, good players don't just become mediocre players because they're playing for a particular team. Wade Redden was an average-at-best player who rapidly declined when he came here. Lindros was washed up before he came here and he STILL put up 73 points in 72 games in his first season, and that was after missing an entire season due to injury.

Bure played 51 games with the Rangers, and in those 51 games he scored 31 goals and 50 points. That's anything BUT poor production, and he didn't go to the Rangers to "end his career". The lockout ended his career. Jagr's still playing last I looked, therefore he didn't come here to "end his career" either. His Rangers career consisted of a total of 277 games, and in those 277 games he scored 124 goals, with 195 assists and 319 points. That includes a 123 point season. Again, very far from a bust. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but the comments about Bure and Jagr make YOU sound like the casual fan. Who's to say Richards won't still be a point producer when he's 40 years old. Look at Lidstrom, he's 41 and still has the talent to play. And as far as the 9 years go, I'm not too thrilled about it either, but I'd rather have him until he's 37 and if he turns into Drury he gets bought out.

Also, Gagne to the Kings.

I am a Rangers diehard, I'm just tired of all the idiots who ARE casual fans, blatantly insisting that Richards, who is one of the top centers in the game and is almost a point a game player in his 770-something career games, is going to suddenly become a hack because he's playing for the Rangers. It doesn't work like that, good players don't just become mediocre players because they're playing for a particular team. Wade Redden was an average-at-best player who rapidly declined when he came here. Lindros was washed up before he came here and he STILL put up 73 points in 72 games in his first season, and that was after missing an entire season due to injury.

Bure played 51 games with the Rangers, and in those 51 games he scored 31 goals and 50 points. That's anything BUT poor production, and he didn't go to the Rangers to "end his career". The lockout ended his career. Jagr's still playing last I looked, therefore he didn't come here to "end his career" either. His Rangers career consisted of a total of 277 games, and in those 277 games he scored 124 goals, with 195 assists and 319 points. That includes a 123 point season. Again, very far from a bust. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but the comments about Bure and Jagr make YOU sound like the casual fan. Who's to say Richards won't still be a point producer when he's 40 years old. Look at Lidstrom, he's 41 and still has the talent to play. And as far as the 9 years go, I'm not too thrilled about it either, but I'd rather have him until he's 37 and if he turns into Drury he gets bought out.

Also, Gagne to the Kings.

It's all in fun hes yanking the Rangers chain.. Your points are valid although take out Lindros 1st half of his 1st season he was a bust and Bures chronic knee ended his career. Richards should have 2 or 3 productive seasons then after that I dont know.

It's all in fun hes yanking the Rangers chain.. Your points are valid although take out Lindros 1st half of his 1st season he was a bust and Bures chronic knee ended his career. Richards should have 2 or 3 productive seasons then after that I dont know.

Last I heard about Bure, he went back to Russia and took up figure skating. Don't know if that was a gag or if it was true, but if it's true then I don't see where he had bad knees. All I know for sure is that his cousin married the hot chick who played DJ on Full House.

Last I heard about Bure, he went back to Russia and took up figure skating. Don't know if that was a gag or if it was true, but if it's true then I don't see where he had bad knees. All I know for sure is that his cousin married the hot chick who played DJ on Full House.

Corection. It was his brother. :thumbsup:

Corection. It was his brother. :thumbsup:

Ah-ha! For some reason I always thought they were cousins. They don't particularly look like brothers.

Dropkick,

I highly doubt you are a rangers die hard, don't insult hockey and ranger fans like that. I hate how rangers fans think they are going to contend for the Cup because they signed Brad Richards. Congrats! Do you want a freaking medal? Do you honestly think for a second the rangers are a top-4 team in the East after signing Richards? No, they will still hover around the 6-10 seed...the Isles will still finish between 25-30 in the league. I cannot wait until the first Isles-rags game. Just because you have another big name, doesnt mean anything. How is Gaborik working out for you?

Bure has knee surgery on his left knee (not 100%) in 2003 and when he came back it deteriated to a bone on bone condition and had to retire after the season (i think he tried to attempt a comeback after the lockout but it didnt go anywhere because of the knee problem). On top of this I get to say I was at his last official game on march 15, 2004 against the Devils in NJ where he played 1 shift and was never seen from again.

Dropkick,

I highly doubt you are a rangers die hard, don't insult hockey and ranger fans like that. I hate how rangers fans think they are going to contend for the Cup because they signed Brad Richards. Congrats! Do you want a freaking medal? Do you honestly think for a second the rangers are a top-4 team in the East after signing Richards? No, they will still hover around the 6-10 seed...the Isles will still finish between 25-30 in the league. I cannot wait until the first Isles-rags game. Just because you have another big name, doesnt mean anything. How is Gaborik working out for you?

You highly doubt that I'm a Rangers diehard? Why? Because I stopped watching hockey for a couple years after the lockout? You called out the Rangers signings, I provided stats that clearly prove you wrong and you have nothing to come back with. I never said we were going to contend for the cup, all I said was that I'm tired of all the morons who don't know anything about hockey insisting that a quality player is suddenly going to become a terrible player and the only logic they have when asked "why?" is "he plays for the Rangers"...That's not logic, and it's not a reason for a player not performing. Oh, and If you wanna talk about how contracts worked out, Gaborik had one bad season. He scored 42 goals and put up 86 points in his first season with us. He has one bad season and all of a sudden he's a bust? How's that DiPietro contract working out? Don't talk to me about contracts because your Islanders are responsible for the absolute worst contract in the game right now. 15 years and how many millions for a guy who hasn't played one complete season since signing said contract?

Get over yourself, you're delusional. Your Islanders are no closer to contending for a cup than they were 10 years ago. I don't give a ###### about all the "prospects" you have waiting in the wings, as long as you have DiPietro you'll never seriously contend. Charles Wang needs to throw money at Vokoun like he prints it at home if you want to close to contending, because DP isn't even a top 10 goalie with all the injuries he has.

Vokoun gets $1.5 million?!?!?!?

Yay instead of that, the Flyers get Bryzgalov for 9 years at $5.6 million a year while Bobrovsky sits on his a s s