Switching Jersey Tags (Possible/Foul?)

HawksFanInDC

Ok guys,

I have been on the lookout for a while now for an authentic Koho Blackhawks in red or black. They seem very hard to come by. If you go on ebay you see a lot of the authentic Reebok 6100s (see below). Is it possible to take the vector logo off of the back and replace with the Koho logo? If so I assume I would also want to take the Reebok tagging out of the inside (but I guess be unable to replace that). The shield on the lower back hem appears the same to me.

If this is all possible, is it considered a foul, am I misrepresenting the jersey?

Finally, does anyone here have the expertise to do these changes? Anyone have a or a red or black Koho logo, or know if the real ones differ from one I could have stripped off an replica? Anybody have the ability to stip the logo and re-customize the jersey? (I would pay of course).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jersey-Marian-Hossa-/200630102950?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2eb67c6ba6

Steve-

I've done it. Quite successfully too I might add. The only issue with the one you're talking about is the NHL shield on the hem. It's the 'new' shield that's a sewn on patch rather than embroidered right into the fabric. There were some retail jerseys out there that just had the shield patch stitched over the embroidered shield but it's hard to tell in those shots if this is the case. You'd also have to deal with stripping the jersey of the name too which can be a headache in itself.

I've been considering switching the patches on my Binghamton Senators jersey. I want to customize it as a Jason Spezza, he wore an SP jersey instead of Reebok which I own.

I am thinking of doing that when the retail EDGE 2.0s come out with the wordmark and then replace them with the vector patch.

I am thinking of doing that when the retail EDGE 2.0s come out with the wordmark and then replace them with the vector patch.

Cool idea. Would come in handy for sure since the 2.0 with vector is so hard to get.

Ok guys,

I have been on the lookout for a while now for an authentic Koho Blackhawks in red or black. They seem very hard to come by. If you go on ebay you see a lot of the authentic Reebok 6100s (see below). Is it possible to take the vector logo off of the back and replace with the Koho logo? If so I assume I would also want to take the Reebok tagging out of the inside (but I guess be unable to replace that). The shield on the lower back hem appears the same to me.

If this is all possible, is it considered a foul, am I misrepresenting the jersey?

Finally, does anyone here have the expertise to do these changes? Anyone have a or a red or black Koho logo, or know if the real ones differ from one I could have stripped off an replica? Anybody have the ability to stip the logo and re-customize the jersey? (I would pay of course).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jersey-Marian-Hossa-/200630102950?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2eb67c6ba6

Steve-

If you end up doing that PLEASE PM me after because I am looking for a vector patch! I want a Patrick Kane Stanley Cup 2.0 jersey but it would be a foul with the wordmark. Help a Hawks fan out!

That is a really good idea, I would like to do the same for a Hossa Stanley Cup jersey and a Duchene rookie.

Won't the use of EDGE material on the underarms and back of the 2.0's conflict with the fact you want to make it a Koho?

If you end up doing that PLEASE PM me after because I am looking for a vector patch! I want a Patrick Kane Stanley Cup 2.0 jersey but it would be a foul with the wordmark. Help a Hawks fan out!

Thanks for the heads up on the Shield difference Brilliant, I never would have caught that. Dirty, if I can find an Reebok that has the new shield sewn over the existing shield I will try and go ahead with the project. Anybody have a picture example of such a jersey so I know what to be looking for? All the ones I was looking at on ebay look the same with the new shield so I have no idea what a sewn over shield looks like.

It seems clear from responses this is not a foul. Does anyone know if the Koho logo on replicas and authentics is the same (I know the inner tagging is different)? If so I would buy a replica and strip the tag. While I do not own any edge mens replicas, my girlfriend has ladies replica Hawks and Capitals jerseys and the vector is directly sewn into the material on replicas instead of the patch on authentics. I want to make sure Koho does not have the same issue before possibly buying an replica for stripping.

Steve-

Won't the use of EDGE material on the underarms and back of the 2.0's conflict with the fact you want to make it a Koho?

I think he meant taking a 2.0 and removing the wordmark and adding the vector, making it appear to be a 2.0 from before they were available in retail

I think he meant taking a 2.0 and removing the wordmark and adding the vector, making it appear to be a 2.0 from before they were available in retail

Haha, upon reading it again the sentence was incredibly clear. I retract my statement. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm really hoping to do the same.

• 4 years later...
On 7/15/2011 at 11:15 PM, mdwsta4 said:

Yeah, I'm really hoping to do the same.

Sorry to dig up an old topic but did anyone ever successful with this? Replacing the 2.0 Reebok word mark with the old vector logo? Having a hell of a time finding a 2.0 vector logo hawks sweater. 

I've done it. Got some vectors off of various things (replicas and other authentics, even a GI). Stripped them off fairly easily, and had them stitched down.

Woah, I don't even recognize half of the names in this thread. Definitely an old one.

I've replaced vectors with wordmarks, but there's no difference really. Not very hard to do.

I'm actually doing that right now with my Toews jersey.  I'm making a 2010 Stanley Cup 2.0 Jersey. 2.0 Hawks Red or White jerseys with the vector logo are almost impossible to find unless they came directly from the Hawks, so if you want a accurate 2010 cup jersey, this is basically your only choice.  I wanted to have the 2010 Calder Cup winner in my collection as I already have a 2013 Kane in there.

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I'm actually doing that right now with my Toews jersey.  I'm making a 2010 Stanley Cup 2.0 Jersey. 2.0 Hawks Red or White jerseys with the vector logo are almost impossible to find unless they came directly from the Hawks, so if you want a accurate 2010 cup jersey, this is basically your only choice.  I wanted to have the 2010 Calder Cup winner in my collection as I already have a 2013 Kane in there.

Appreciate the help guys! I have been itching for a white 2010 SC final jersey for years.

Great minds think alike. I was contemplating buying a 6100 just to remove the vector logo.   

Do the 'Hawks older premier jerseys have the same vector logo as the Edge? I could be wrong but it appears that the logo on the replica style is embroidered directly to the jersey. 

Edited by Committed

4 minutes ago, Committed said:

Do the 'Hawks older premier jerseys have the same vector logo as the Edge? I could be wrong but it appears that the logo on the replica style is embroidered directly to the jersey. 

Wasn't the Hawks, but I was looking to do a neck patch switch for a black background / white vector jersey a few months ago, and none of the replicas or youth jerseys I looked at had the same logo. As I recall, they were all direct embroidered.

Where are you guys finding Vector logos? I ended up buying a team-issued Vector 2.0 jersey to make into a 2010 Cup jersey. Of course, TI are big (size 54) and would much rather create a size 50

In my case, I bought a Phantoms authentic that happened to have two vectors on it, stripped them both, and swapped them with wordmarks (which worked doubly because I wanted to make a Phantoms Gostisbehere).

I've also found some luck stripping some vectors off of Winter Classic replicas (they tend to be legit patches as opposed to embroidered) and also even some AHL youth replicas believe it or not.