Winnipeg Jets Logo Revealed at 4:00 PM Central Time

gs6769

It's just weird that the maple leaf does seem to look upside down.

I think it's the stem of the leaf - it comes to a point instead of being squared-off. For me atleast the fact that it is a sharp point makes me think the leaf is upside down until I look closer.

It does look upside down, but I think that's a result of the image they were going for. So that it all resembles a compass, and it looks like the afterburner of a jet.

I have a dirty filthy mind and see nothing dirty about it. Someone needs to clue me in.

Make the plane and leaf stick figures. What do you see?

69? That's a stretch, leaves and jets can't mate.

69? That's a stretch, leaves and jets can't mate.

:thumbsup:

I know its not perfect...but give it time, there will be concerned parents. I have an over reactive imagination. Screw you Barney!

That same dirty mind logic ruined a perfectly good logo in my eyes. ( Dallas star third) likewise I have a dirty mind and found nothing sexual in the "mooterus" logo at all.

Burn me at the stake if you will.

Being from Winnipeg I think the logo is sort of in the the middle of what people might have expected. While its not the most amazing logo ever is certainly is not a complete bust considering the time they had to create it. The fact they used the military theme blended with a patriotic one with the maple leaf is cool considering the history of the air force in Manitoba. The more I look at it great job by True North. You have elements of being Canadian, with ties to the past and community with the jet. Also it gives the team the opportunity to come back this year or the following with a 3rd jersey that you could actually have an old jets logo to satisfy the people craving the styles from the past. If they would have come out with a logo similar to the old one now, what do you use for your retro jersey?? True North got it right, can't wait for the home opener!! GO JETS GO!! :skaterwht::skaterblu:

I just HOPE we don't see ANOTHER black jersey...... I would have to reason the homes would predominantly be blue, steel, and red, with some black (possible). Though maybe the third would be black.... GRRRRR :noway:

Its fake for 3 reasons:

1) It was a screenshot from last year's game (the Bolts will not wear black)

2) The Capitals will never allow it, nor do I think True North wants use a Caps jersey

3) The Bolts don't have fans, so the message on the ticker boards around the stadium is incorrect :thumbsup:

Its fake for 3 reasons:

1) It was a screenshot from last year's game (the Bolts will not wear black)

2) The Capitals will never allow it, nor do I think True North wants use a Caps jersey

3) The Bolts don't have fans, so the message on the ticker boards around the stadium is incorrect :thumbsup:

:lol: at numbers 2 and 3. True to both. The only reason Tampa has a fan base to begin with is because they won the Cup in 2004. Had they not won IMO they would likely have been relocated.

I think that jersey from the picture was used as a filler to make it known the Jets will be in the game. Obviously the uniforms have not been released yet, so EA probably just put a jersey they thought would look like the Jets. I'm still looking forward to the REAL jerseys!

:lol: at numbers 2 and 3. True to both. The only reason Tampa has a fan base to begin with is because they won the Cup in 2004. Had they not won IMO they would likely have been relocated.

I think that jersey from the picture was used as a filler to make it known the Jets will be in the game. Obviously the uniforms have not been released yet, so EA probably just put a jersey they thought would look like the Jets. I'm still looking forward to the REAL jerseys!

...or it was photoshopped by some fan.

That's rich...a Penguins fan criticizing another fan base for (alleged) lack of support, then throwing out the "R Card" to boot.

To that, I say KAN-sas CI-ty (clap clap clap clap clap), KAN-sas CI-ty (clap clap clap clap clap).

I just had this idea. Assuming their "True North" logo is what they'll use at center ice in the MTS Center, how neat would it be if they had it pointing to true north on the actual ice. It might not be square with the center ice camera, but that's what would make it unique. Place, it's all set in a circle, so it wouldn't look too awkward.