Chris Drury Retires

OR68

man I'm getting old.

Well the last bit of his career didn't go according to plan, but he won a national championship at every level he competed at from Little League, pee wee hockey, NCAA up through the Stanley Cup. Only a silver medal in the Olympics counts as a "blemish" on his resume.

I am still a fan of Drury. Sure I hated his contract, but it was difficult for me to hate him because he did leave everything out on the ice every shift. At the end of his career he was still a great defensive center and amazing shot blocker, unfortunately he had the contract of a top-line playmaking center.

I'm also not upset that he retired after the Rangers bought him out. I think he still wanted to play after getting bought out but just didn't generate any interest from other teams. So he did the right thing and retired.

His Rangers career was a huge disappointment but at the time it happened i wanted him. All the talk was gomez gomez gomez and I never wanted him to begin with. I was suprised they got both at the time (which i was right on about gomez since hes always been one of the most overrated players in the league). Turned out he hurt us twice (game 5....I swear when they counted straka's goal id though they were gonna win that series). With that being said, Drury had a great career and sucks he retired. He would always be the perfect role player for any team since his game focused on the defensive side (which the added offense when he was younger was a bonus). So cheers for a terrfic NHL career.