2004 Team Canada Jersey?

jigglypuff

Hi I'm doing a bit of research into a jersey I have for sale and wondered if anyone could help?

My link

That's a link to the shirt, I'm just not sure if it is 2004 or earlier??

Also can anyone help on the sizing, its a 48 but seems small even for a 48. Is this just Nike compared to CCM/RBK sizing?

Thanks for your help!!

While that style was worn during the 2004 World Cup of Hockey, it does not have the patch worn by all the players during that tournament. I'd describe as a 2002 Olympic jersey, which Canada also managed to win.

I'd guess 2002, because I think Sakic wore 19 in 2004.

Ya. That jersey is of the style of the 02 Salt lake city Olympics. you know the one where Canada won the GOLD MEDAL and Lemieux was "C". :thumbsup:

The 04 Has the WC patch on it, which you can put on it, but you would have to flip the numbers.

Stevey Y wore the 19 and Mr Joe wore the 91 out of respect I'm sure.

Did I happen to mention it is quite possibly the best team ever to lace up skates?? :thumbsup:

Mario Lemieux-C

Paul Kariya

Ed Jovanovski

Curtis Joseph

Jarome Iginla

Simon Gagné

Chris Pronger-A

Mike Peca

Owen Nolan

Joe Nieuwendyk

Scott Niedermayer

Adam Foote

Theo Fleury

Martin Brodeur

Eric Brewer

Rob Blake

Ed Belfour

Steve Yzerman-A

Ryan Smyth

Brendan Shanahan

Joe Sakic-A

Al MacInnis

Eric Lindros

WINNING!

Edited by Thelonious Sphere Monk

I thought I had posted a reply, but I guess it didn't save.

HEy J,

Glad to see you on the forum. I've been the one emailing you about this jersey on eBay. Interesting to see that it might be an 02. I knew the WCOH patches were hard to find, so just thought it wasn't on there yet. I'm pretty sure Sakic wore 91 for WCOH because I did some reasearch when I was putting together a Winnipeg Falcons alternate that they wore in that tournament. I guess TC uses the same jersey sometimes for different tournaments.

I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on the nameplate. To me, it seems that the Sakic is too narrow. From pics I've seen, I think it should be as wide as the numbers.