NHLPA 4 on 4 Challenge Rosters?

flountown

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know if Yzerman competed in this? Or just in Gretzky's 99's? I haven't seen anything in regards to Yzerman in the 4 on 4. Thanks!

I was actually looking for the same info after seeing a NHLPA 4 on 4 jersey with Yzerman on ebay. After reading through that HF link though I'm convinced he didn't play

Edited by No1TopGun

Here is what I wrote about those games. Not sure if it will be any help for roster info though.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/07/1994-nhlpa-marin-brodeur-jersey.html

Thanks guys. I don't really think he did.

• 1 year later...

I will look I have a program from the games I went to in Hamilton

Bumping an old post. Can you dig this up? I'm looking for hard info on the USA (red) roster.

Jeff, I read your post, and was wondering if you had any concrete evidence on Richter playing. Youtube videos on your post were taken down unfortunately.

I believe Vanbiesbrouck was the goalie for USA in the 4 on 4 tournament.

There may be photo's or hockey cards with Richter in the jersey, but it could have been used for either promotional purposes or part of instructional videos.

Bure and Mogilny both wore the NHLPA jerseys, but bure never played in the tournament, instead he ran drills for Wayne Gretzky's instructional hockey videos :mellow: ...

I believe each team only had 1 goalie given it was a 3 day tournament, but i'll keep researching.

In searching further, Post Cereal did produce a "grow like a pro" hockey card set through upper deck which launched in 1996-97 with the same jerseys, you may want to confirm if you do find a picture when it was from, because some of the 96-97 photos used appear to be purely promo items and not from any event, however some are from the 1994-95 game.

Yeah I had heard that Beezer was the goalie, but I think even if Richter wore it at some point I'd consider it, just like a 2004 WCOH Lundqvist since he was on the roster but was the 3rd goalie and never saw the ice. Nothing wrong with Beezer though.

I will look for the program .I know there were four teams so Maybe he played on one of them .

I think the rosters changed from night to night there was a core of Guys and then one or two came and went .

I can 100% confirm Beezer was the goalie. I received his stick after a 4-on-4 game at Copps Coliseum.

Even still, to have some sort of idea what the rosters might have looked like from a program would be outstanding. Like I said, any evidence of Richter even being a backup goalie or something like that would work for me.

i have a signed lindros authentic that i won from the old 'be a player' show on espn

Even still, to have some sort of idea what the rosters might have looked like from a program would be outstanding. Like I said, any evidence of Richter even being a backup goalie or something like that would work for me.

I have a program, I will try to dig it out for you.

is it for sale I would like to see a pic of that jersey

i have a signed lindros authentic that i won from the old 'be a player' show on espn

it belongs to both my brother and myself. id be open to selling, but id have to check with him

funny side story. i had actually won a sakic, but he disappeared on vacation over the summer and they couldnt get him to sign the jersey. they asked if we wanted to wait or take a lindros instead. we still kick ourselves over that :-(

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/970188_10151655519200240_1787481235_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/7098_10151655519195240_490406587_n.jpg

Program and roster pics below. It looks like there were only two BU goalies for the tourney.

4on4hammer1.th.jpg

4on4hammer2.th.jpg

4on4hammer3fsyf.th.jpg

Also for you other lurkers/hosers, here are some awesome retro ads from the program. $74.95?? WTF.

4on4hammer4.th.jpg

4on4hammer5.th.jpg

4on4hammer6.th.jpg