Interesting Fakes

cray-

Just noticed this when searching Australian ebay [<- note location]

http://sportsgoods.search.ebay.com.au/_Hoc...QsassZcozpacino

Obviously an "official" CCM Jersey....even a replica for this price sounds a bit too good to be true. [40$AUD = 31$USD = 37$CAD]

The pictures are kind of small and dodgy and the only jersey I can compare it to is my own brand new Devils CCM Replica from icejerseys.

First thing I noticed was the crest. Very very small and the sticthing...if it even is stitched at all...has some sections with black borders and some with white. It's all over the shop basically. Even though it has swing tags and labels and even the little NHL puck logo on the back.

I'm almost tempted to buy one just to see how sketchy it is, but I don't really want to support this kind of thing. I wouldnt mind so much if they didn't claim that it was legit. If they just said it was a copy...illegal in itself...but you where prepared to pay for it anyway thats your choice. Considering the quality it's pretty obvious to most people. But I do feel sorry for anyone handing over their hard earned and not realising. Might see how these things sell and then report the guy later.

What do you guys think? See much of this on us/ca ebay? At markets/street corners/dark alley ways? Considering it cost me 260$AUD [205$USD] including shipping to get 1 replica and 1 practice jersesy down here you can see why people might be tempted. Are jerseys more affordable to the average fan up there?

Sent a message regarding whether the crest was iron-on or stitched in this jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...ADME:L:RTQ:AU:1

Reply i got was: "stitched, this is an original CCM jersey so its the quality the pro's use, everything is stitched and the material is A+.

read the feedbacks left for my hockey tops!!!"

Does this color scheme and crest even match up with a particular year? It looks like the current crest from the Team Canada 2006 Olympic Swift jerseys.

...stitched, this is an original CCM jersey so its the quality the pro's use...

These are original fakes made in Korea. but I've seen better fakes from Korea than the ones shown in your link. In my opinion the front logos of the Korea fakes are better than the ones on the Canada replicas because they're not stiff and they're sewn on

The devils logo on the red jerseys is not right. The width of the black ring seems too thick.

Just noticed this when searching Australian ebay [<- note location]

http://sportsgoods.search.ebay.com.au/_Hoc...QsassZcozpacino

Obviously an "official" CCM Jersey....even a replica for this price sounds a bit too good to be true. [40$AUD = 31$USD = 37$CAD]

The pictures are kind of small and dodgy and the only jersey I can compare it to is my own brand new Devils CCM Replica from icejerseys.

First thing I noticed was the crest. Very very small and the sticthing...if it even is stitched at all...has some sections with black borders and some with white. It's all over the shop basically. Even though it has swing tags and labels and even the little NHL puck logo on the back.

I'm almost tempted to buy one just to see how sketchy it is, but I don't really want to support this kind of thing. I wouldnt mind so much if they didn't claim that it was legit. If they just said it was a copy...illegal in itself...but you where prepared to pay for it anyway thats your choice. Considering the quality it's pretty obvious to most people. But I do feel sorry for anyone handing over their hard earned and not realising. Might see how these things sell and then report the guy later.

What do you guys think? See much of this on us/ca ebay? At markets/street corners/dark alley ways? Considering it cost me 260$AUD [205$USD] including shipping to get 1 replica and 1 practice jersesy down here you can see why people might be tempted. Are jerseys more affordable to the average fan up there?

Search completed items and you'll find plenty of them. You see a lot of fake NFL, MLB and throwback jerseys on US ebay. A lot of jerseys on ebay are misrepresented and words like, "authentic" and "original" are so misused. Their item's pictures say all you need to know and buying one just to see how sketchy it is is a waste of money, don't be tempted to throw your money away on curiosity, it's not worth the hassle and those shady sellers do not deserve your business. A lot of the time, such sellers become 'no longer registered users' within days or weeks for whatever reasons. Then you're not protected and good luck if you'll ever even see the item you purchased. The seller in the link you provided is one of them. Hmmm...

he was charging 15-20 bucks shipping even through australia. im not sure what the postal service is like down under so that could be legit. im afraid to even know what he/she/them would charge to the states. when it comes to ebay i found out... if it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true. you can get authentic brian dawkins jerseys on ebay everywhere but the name plate has the wrong font. when shopping for a specific jersey on ebay i always have a real picture of the jersey im looking for... usually one from icejerseys. you dont want to be dissappointed after spending that kind of money. also hints like enormous shipping fees usually spell out fakes. sometimes i even throw em in a corner by asking them the fabrics and what percent of each fabric there is in the jersey. its not hard to find out how much is cotton, wool, polyester, etc. it sounds like a lot of work for a jersey but it's worth it.

The postage rate was high but not unreasonable if he was using an Express Post service for overnight. Though they usually state that in the text. But it does seem to be quite common for people to make a bit of extra profit by overcharging on postage. And certainly the dodgy dealers use that more and more. As long as its clearly stated then its up to the buyer to factor that into any purchasing descision.

As far as International postage goes I don't think most Australian ebayers are too interested in intl sales. The same goes for many North Americans. I am often quoted upwards of 50$US dollars to post quite small/light weight articles whose value is a fraction of that amount. Certainly intl postage is a bit more expensive but either the seller wants to make some more profit or they just want to scare people away by quoting high and hoping the offer wont be accepted. Thankfully most people don't work this way and buying from O/S is a very cost effective thing for us.

Just to set the record straight: I never for one second thought these jerseys where anything but fake. I only posted on here as I found it quite fun to pick out the various mistakes and just to stir up a bit of conversation on the topic.

The seller is back under a new name with 1 star rating btw. Just search for "Hockey Jersey" on ebay.com.au and it's pretty much all him. Oh well, buyer beware I guess.