1994 russian-nhl super series jersey help

ferro39

i came across this jersey today. it's a tretiak from the 1994 super series game. it's a pro jersey made by lutch. size 52 and has the double-reinforced elbows

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2531429350099825289uHqHbP

now, obviously i know that he didnt play in it, but is this something that lutch would have offered for sale to the public AND in a pro jersey considering he wasnt a roster player? i saw a gamer that sold at auction at some point and it had an actual patch on the front instead of the sublimated one on this

i also know that there are weird rules when it comes to lutch manufacturing and customizing russian jerseys, too, so im kind of lost.

any insight or help would be appreciated

Lutch made the actual jerseys used in the games and they also sold them to the public. I have a Makarov. It has the double elbows and is all sublimated. I ordered mine from Russianjerseys.com a few years after the games took place. I have a picture of the team that I'll dig out tomorrow and scan onto my computer then post here. The team was made up of Russians who played in the NHL and they took on other Russian teams during the pre-season Spartak Cup tournament that was held in Russia every year. They raised money for charities in Russia. The Russian NHLer's put together a team and competed in the tournament pretty much every year from '94 to 2002 I believe. I know that Ovechkin and Kovalchuk have played a charity game during the summer the last two years in Russia also, in which a lot of current and older Russian and Soviet era players participate.

thanks for the response, krendelev.

by chance, do you remember if russianjerseys.com gave people the option to get any player they wanted made up or did they only offer a specific pool of players who played in the games? i ask because according to an old SI story i found, tretiak was asked to play, but specifically declined the invite. makarov was still active in 1994, so i assume that he actually played

basically, what im hoping to find out before i do anything with this jersey is if it was something that would have been sold to the public or something that someone could have made up versus some kind of special issue or something that possibly could have been worn at some kind of pre-game ceremony or whatever

it seems very odd to me that lutch either would have sold this style tretiak jersey or that someone would have had one made up if he didnt even play in the tournament, but i suppose worse jersey fouls have been committed

I'm pretty sure Russianjerseys.com would've let you put any name on the jersey even if the player didn't wear it. It's also possible that Tretiak was an honorary member of the team and there was a jersey made for him. I don't remember if he's in the team picture I have, I'll check in the morning.

i also know that there are weird rules when it comes to lutch manufacturing and customizing russian jerseys, too, so im kind of lost.

What "weird rules" are you talking about?

Sorry it's so dark. I don't know why my scanner made it that way. The original is not dark like that at all.2980664880107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

Tretiak isn't in the picture. The players I recognize are Kamenski, Bortshevski, Yushkevich, Kovalev, Malakhov, Zubov, Zelepukin, Kasatonov, Bure, Fedorov, Mogilny, Fetisov, Makarov, Larionov.

What "weird rules" are you talking about?

not really rules per se. i kinda misspoke.

like krendelev said, the jerseys themselves wouldnt have been offered at the time (in '94) because their simply wasnt enough money to spend on such things....however, from what a russian friend told me, that's kind of lutch's policy now too--how they dont sell a lot of jerseys at games, but you can always order one after the fact

also, thank you again krendelev.

a guy on gw.net posted this for me. they apparently did present him with a jersey, but you can see with the spacing in the name, that it's not the same

starsofrussia1.jpg

Not to try and hijack this, but does anyone actually own or have good quality photos of a gamer? I know the jerseys had tonnes of sponsorship patches on the sleeves, and the bottom back hem.

Classic Auctions sold a Bure "GAMER" which was fake. The sublimated pattern was backwards for starters...

Anyone have some idea of what the patches were?

These are pictures I scanned from a Lutch pamphlet that they sent me with a jersey I bought, again I don't know why my scanner makes them so dark. In the 1st picture of Bure the patch on the left shoulder is a patch, it's not sublimated directly onto the jersey. In the photo of Bure, Fedorov, and Mogilny the only other patch visable is on the left sleve at the elbow. I can't find pictures anywhere of the backs of the jerseys.

2932312270107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

2652224850107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's video I found from some of these games today. It looks like there are ad patches on each sleve at the inside elbow and a longer ad along the bottom of the back.