Winter Classic 2012

jerseymikea

Then you won't be listing any jerseys in "it arrived today" thread for a while...I hear they not only made the STHs buy all three games, they hammered you in service charges as well... I know it's a once in a lifetime thing but for every happy Ticket holder there's 10 really "PO'd." Enjoy the games! I wish I were going to them all but I just picked up the Phantoms tix. Debating on the alumni game...

Yea, we had to buy all the games. But I had been budgeting for this for a while, as I knew that I wanted to spend money on good seats. Regardless, I would've bought all three games.

Once I saw the upwards of $500 price tag for these tickets, I said absolutely not. The only way I'd pay that much to see a sporting event would be if it were Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals/World Series/Super Bowl.

Yeah and that's probably not for great seats that are close where you can actually see something. I just can't believe how much tickets for an event like this go for.... IMO it'd be a "once in a lifetime" experience. And if the NHL continues to offer this event, I am sure down the road there will be additional opportunities when I can afford it. :D

• 1 month later...

I can't believe that Mikael Renberg is still not confirmed. If anyone knows any Swedish broadcasters who can cover the World Juniors for a day or two, please tell them to get in touch. I need the Legion of Doom to re-unite. It will be my childhood wrapped up in a cold open air box. Best New Years Eve ever if it happens.

Renberg doesnt do auto signings and stuff either, he seems content to stay in Sweden and do his thing. I remember he signed like a $5M contract and said "Well, now I am set for life." You can imagine he does not live lavishly.

Once I saw the upwards of $500 price tag for these tickets, I said absolutely not. The only way I'd pay that much to see a sporting event would be if it were Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals/World Series/Super Bowl.

Super Bowl tix are minimum $1500 basically, Game 7 of Finals, well big difference if it's in Vancouver or Carolina but just about anywhere they'd be north of $500, same deal with the World Series.

$500 is ###### expensive but it doesn't shock me. The only thing is that these games are kind of weird, I mean the sight lines are pretty wonky. I went to the one at Fenway and I spent a good part of the afternoon confused. I got my ticket for free because of a mixup, so I wound up in center field. All the action on the near side boards was a COMPLETE mystery to me.

This year I will be working the game, I am hoping I don't get some crappy auxilary seating assignment but CBP has a lot of press seating so I think it will be fine.

My STH partner and I chose the 400 level so we could be guaranteed a sight line. I will be bringing binoculars just to be sure. I went to the one at Fenway and was about 25 rows up on the first level at 3rd base. It wasn't the best sight line, but just being there was pretty awesome, it's definitely more about the experience, I can watch highlights when I get home to catch the action.

The only way I'd ever pay that much for a hockey game is if it's at Yankee Stadium. 2.50 for the subway and 5 bucks for a sandwich on the way up is all I need. No hotels, no travel expenses, no crap to pack. Just me, a jersey, my ticket and my camera.