Helmets to Have Uni Numbers On Front

KaneIsDirty

Do I need to chip in and run some experiments on my own or have a bake sale to help the helmet manufacturers research programs?

Can we?!? ICEJERSEYS BAKE SAAAAAAALLE!!!!!

2929289260105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

...if that was a rhetorical quesion I'm gonna be pissed! I make a mean apple crisp.

Okay, I cant help it...

First numbers on helmets, next

http://www.laola1.tv/en/us/ice-hockey/erste-bank-ehl/full-match-upc-vienna-capitals-rekord-fenster-vsv/video/314-1828-62450.html

Its only a matter of time... Try to follow the puck on this ice.

That ice reminds me of when MLB wanted to put the Spiderman logo on the bases and on-deck circles. Any blank space is good advertising space.

spidermanbase.jpg

Are we as fans supposed to be doing our part to help the NHL fix it's concussion issues? Do I need to chip in and run some experiments on my own or have a bake sale to help the helmet manufacturers research programs?

EDIT: After re-reading my response a while later, I realized it was over the top. So I removed most of inflamatory parts (left in the bake sale reference as it was already quoted below).

What I ended up doing was making a strawman argument myself in response to it. You need to read Rangerland more to get the humor, you have no excuse :tongue:

But seriously, Who cares about the placement of numbers on the helmet? Does it really matter that much?

So in retrospect, I unnecessarily went ape above, uh, sorry about that. :unsure: It wouldn't bother me too much, I just see it as totally unnecessary, it was more someone (in my perception) hopping to its defense that made me cranky. :unsure::P

What I ended up doing was making a strawman argument myself in response to it. You need to read Rangerland more to get the humor, you have no excuse :tongue:

But seriously, Who cares about the placement of numbers on the helmet? Does it really matter that much?

How can you people complain about correct customization of jerseys until we find a cure for feline leukemia!!!11one

This isn't Rangerland. This is a board based entirely on the aesthetics of hockey (specifically jerseys) so of course people are going to want to discuss numbers on helmets, new sock patterns, and a whole host of stuff in addition to jersey design that in the grand scheme of things don't matter much. I've never heard a player say he scored more goals when he had an airknit nameplate compared to a twill nameplate. I don't think anyone here thinks that. But I also don't see any harm in folks here talking about helmet numbers so I didn't see the need for your over the top and somewhat condescending comment.

I've never heard a player say he scored more goals when he had an airknit nameplate compared to a twill nameplate. I don't think anyone here thinks that.

That would be an amazingly interesting topic to discuss.

Player totals broken down into what color jersey they were wearing using which stick (though, this is sort of home/away numbers).

I remember years ago when the last of the helmetless players were still on the ice. The talk from the "league" and announcers was that it was a travesty to fans as nobody would be able to tell who the players were anymore. The general thought from all the talking heads in PR ad TV was that fans wouldn't be able to connect with players anymore because they couldn't see their faces. (It hasn't seemed to hurt football too much as most fans seem to know who they are rooting for).

I can only imagine that this is some attempt to help fans on tv recognize players more quickly. It's all kinda funny to me.