2007 All-Star jerseys?

DesertRat

Since the jerseys don't come with a player's team logo shoulder patch if you have it personalized, I was in the hunt for someone who was selling these patches, and came across this eBay seller who has these patches for 22 of the 30 teams. I just purchased 2 Blue Jackets ones!

check them out at http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...earch&fgtp= .

Since the jerseys don't come with a player's team logo shoulder patch if you have it personalized, I was in the hunt for someone who was selling these patches, and came across this eBay seller who has these patches for 22 of the 30 teams. I just purchased 2 Blue Jackets ones!

check them out at http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...earch&fgtp= .

I've bought from them before and had a good experience. Their ebay ID is "fan-nhl".

I also used to buy patches from "fannhl", but oddly (and sadly) even with a feedback rating of over 15,500, they suddenly "no longer a registered user". They used to carry the exact flags worn on the All-Star jerseys with the large white borders around them. Luckily I got what I plan on doing in the future instead of waiting.

That's one weird thing about ebay, people just vanish without warning one day, even with a feedback rating that's sky high.

JeffB

I was expecting the prices to increase, but I'm more impatient. I was about to order one., but I remembered that there are two players for the West that normally wear #94. Ryan Smyth will probably wear it, as he has more tenure in the NHL. :unsure: Therefore, the number of the player I want to customize as, Yanic Perreault, will remain a mystery for about another week, so I have to wait until that is known before I can order one. :angry:

They said on Sportsnet that Perreault is wearing 94 and Smyth is wearing 93, in case you were wondering.

I've bought from them before and had a good experience. Their ebay ID is "fan-nhl".

I also used to buy patches from "fannhl", but oddly (and sadly) even with a feedback rating of over 15,500, they suddenly "no longer a registered user". They used to carry the exact flags worn on the All-Star jerseys with the large white borders around them. Luckily I got what I plan on doing in the future instead of waiting.

That's one weird thing about ebay, people just vanish without warning one day, even with a feedback rating that's sky high.

JeffB

There is fan-nhl (added the hyphen) which has a high feedback count and I bet is the same seller(s). Assume that it is for a second; I have purchased from them in the past and the only problem with the purchase was that they're s-l-o-w shippers and that could be because the item is crossing the border.

They said on Sportsnet that Perreault is wearing 94 and Smyth is wearing 93, in case you were wondering.

Thanks for the info! I finally researched that Perreault has one more year of tenure so that makes sense. B)

Other numerical conflicts for the NHL to resolve:

East

30 - Brodeur and Miller

15 - Heatley and Kaberle

12 - Gagne and Staal

4- Lecavalier and Bouwmeester

West

19 - Sakic, Thornton, and McDonald

12 - Marleau and Parrish

Thanks for the info! I finally researched that Perreault has one more year of tenure so that makes sense. B)

Other numerical conflicts for the NHL to resolve:

East

30 - Brodeur and Miller

15 - Heatley and Kaberle

12 - Gagne and Staal

4- Lecavalier and Bouwmeester

West

19 - Sakic, Thornton, and McDonald

12 - Marleau and Parrish

Gagne changed for the Olympics to 21 so he might do the same, Brodeur gets 30 for sure, Sakic will get 19 if we wants it although he may go to 91 like the Olympics, Marleau most likely gets 12. None of those are for sure, just what I expect.

12 - Marleau and Parrish

Actually, that's Rolston from the Wild and not Parrish. Rolston has about 3 years on Marleau so I'd expect he's going to get #12.

Sakic wore #91 in the Olympics as a tribute to Yzerman, who wasn't there. With Yzerman now retired, it might open the door for Sakic to wear the #19 now. He's waited long enough!

I saw the 2007 All-Star jerseys at Nationwide Arena the other evening. They had the replicas for $100 and there is no way I would buy it. I purchase a mix of replicas and authentics, so I am not biased against replicas.

The fit was a bit smaller than I would have liked, but not as bad as I expected. Had I purchased one, I would have probably gone up a size or two from my regular XL or 52.

However, the material was extremely light and the crest was screened (as someone has already pointed out).

I've already sent e-mails to RBK/Reebok and to the NHL voicing my displeasure.

If this is what the NHL is switching to, I won't be buying any new sweaters (even though I hesitate to use that term with these new unis).

Actually, that's Rolston from the Wild and not Parrish. Rolston has about 3 years on Marleau so I'd expect he's going to get #12.

Sakic wore #91 in the Olympics as a tribute to Yzerman, who wasn't there. With Yzerman now retired, it might open the door for Sakic to wear the #19 now. He's waited long enough!

You're right, Jeff, Rolston is #12 for the Wild. I was being a little dyslexic there. :o

You'd think NHL.com would have the numerical rosters posted by now, but I can't find any. I got this info from the NHL Connect blog...

For those of you who can’t wait to buy one off those spiffy new streamlined NHL All-Star Game jerseys with personalization, there are a few number changes you should be aware of if you’re a fan of the following players:

* Florida’s Jay Bouwmeester will wear #3, deferring to Tampa Bay’s Vincent Lecavalier, who dons his familiar #4. This is Bouwmeester’s ASG debut.

* Dany Heatley of Ottawa has taken #16, as his usual #15 goes to Toronto’s Tomas Kaberle. Both are playing their second All-Star Game.

* Carolina’s Eric Staal will wear #21, with #12 going to the more-vested Simon Gagne of Philadelphia. This is Staal’s ASG debut.

* San Jose’s Joe Thornton is outfitted in #97. Naturally, #19 goes to Colorado’s Joe Sakic, also the captain of the Western Conference.

* For the second consecutive All-Star Game, Patrick Marleau of San Jose is forced to make a number change, taking #10 this time (in 2004 he wore #21). In the West, #12 goes to All-Star game rookie Brian Rolston of Minnesota.

* And how rare is this! Two #94’s in the West, and two All-Star rookies to boot. But Yanic Perreault of Phoenix has seniority over Edmonton’s Ryan Smyth, who will wear #93.

* Two Eastern goaltenders, Martin Brodeur and Ryan Miller, will each wear their usual #30, as both can’t be on the ice at the same time.

Brodeur and Miller share #30. I'm not sure I like that.

I saw the 2007 All-Star jerseys at Nationwide Arena the other evening. They had the replicas for $100 and there is no way I would buy it. I purchase a mix of replicas and authentics, so I am not biased against replicas.

The fit was a bit smaller than I would have liked, but not as bad as I expected. Had I purchased one, I would have probably gone up a size or two from my regular XL or 52.

However, the material was extremely light and the crest was screened (as someone has already pointed out).

I've already sent e-mails to RBK/Reebok and to the NHL voicing my displeasure.

If this is what the NHL is switching to, I won't be buying any new sweaters (even though I hesitate to use that term with these new unis).

That screened crest is one thing I worry about and I agree, if they're going to charge that much for something that will probably mess up after once in the washer, then screw that, I'll stick to the old ones. The NFL jersies they produce are like that. I started buying the EQT jersies because every time I would wash a replica, the numbers would peel off. It ruined my Brandon Stokley jersey that way... :glare:

That screened crest is one thing I worry about and I agree, if they're going to charge that much for something that will probably mess up after once in the washer, then screw that, I'll stick to the old ones. The NFL jersies they produce are like that. I started buying the EQT jersies because every time I would wash a replica, the numbers would peel off. It ruined my Brandon Stokley jersey that way... :glare:

I've found that the numbers on Reebok "Swingman" and "EQT" jerseys hold up well with repeated washings. If the NHL Conference crest is like that, it won't be bad.

On Reebok "replica" NBA and NFL jerseys, the numbers are screen-printed directly onto the jersey. The graphics on the newer "replica" NBA and NFL jerseys begin disintegrating after two trips in the wash.

I've found that the numbers on Reebok "Swingman" and "EQT" jerseys hold up well with repeated washings. If the NHL Conference crest is like that, it won't be bad.

On Reebok "replica" NBA and NFL jerseys, the numbers are screen-printed directly onto the jersey. The graphics on the newer "replica" NBA and NFL jerseys begin disintegrating after two trips in the wash.

The crest is a thick and solid feeling screenprint (almost a rubberized feel to it... but not the type that would peel off). The screen is on a twill patch which is in turn sewn to the jersey - so it has some weight and quality to it. I really would be surprised if these screened crests have any problems over the longterm.

The crest is a thick and solid feeling screenprint (almost a rubberized feel to it... but not the type that would peel off). The screen is on a twill patch which is in turn sewn to the jersey - so it has some weight and quality to it. I really would be surprised if these screened crests have any problems over the longterm.

That desrcribes the graphics applied to the Swingman and EQT jerseys. I never had one of those get ruined. The only problems I see with that method is if the graphic is printed correctly/evenly onto the tackle-twill, but you look at that in advance when you purchase a jersey.

Still, in such large quantity, would it really cost THAT much more to have embroidered crests produced, instead? No matter how good this new cresting turns out, there's already a large backlash against it, sight unseen in most cases.

Come on... you have to admit the Eastern Conference locker room looks pretty nice....

*click for large view*

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but the larger picture won't display for me..."Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available".

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but the larger picture won't display for me..."Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available".

I think it's the frozen image on nhl.com. It looks good - I don't think I'm going to mind the jerseys at all. I don't love the design of the all-star jerseys, but the eastern locker room does look pretty good and besides the stars in the under-arm area and the logos (which I just personally don't like at all) it has an attractive quality to it. The prices for authentics on nhl.com are a bit scary though...

So... are we going to see the old authentics heading for some discount prices? I'd love to pick up a few Havlat sweaters, I've decided.

Ha, I would love to pick up an Oilers or new Ducks authentic...or maybe even a Coyotes one... *starts to dream...*

I'm trying not to but now that the holiday season is over and I recieved fewer jerseys than I'd expected and a lot more of everything else (though I did get an Ovechkin Dynamo set) there are certainly a few pickups that I would definitely like to make. At the same time the holidays weren't particulalry easy on the wallet.

The more I look at the East locker room, the more appealing that Ovie jersey looks... if I didn't absolutely hate the West jersey, I'd be thinking of picking up a Havlat ASG sweater.

Alrighty, my West replica is here. A few thoughts...

- it looks great

- it is lighter-weight, for sure. The micromesh body, does not initially appear durable for game action, but it slightly stretches and would hold up as good as the older ones; it's certainly a new fabric

- I wear a L, could have worn an XL if I wanted more of the classic fit, but these are not designed to look bigger

- it's cut snugger in the arms, but it is anything but constrictive, the underarm panels help and there is definite 'give' in the jersey

- it is not tight in the body and the verticalness is sort of slimming

- the stars are screenprinted white on silver onto tackletwill, and sewn, not glued, onto the jersey

- the event shoulder patch is screenprinted onto tackletwill and sewn, not glued, onto the jersey

- the conference logo/crest is screenprinted onto tackletwill and sewn, not glued, onto the jersey. One thing that does not show up in any picture out there is that they printed glitter into the silver part of the left half of the shield (I tried taking a picture and the effect did not show up well). It's pretty lightweight

- the jersey is absolutely comfortable, I got 15 hours of use out of it, already

- upon further review, the fabric of the jersey's body reminds me A LOT of MLB Batting Practice jerseys from the last few years

It is a new animal and is not what we're all used to. If I were making the decisions, the one change I would make is to go with embroidered crests, which is and probably always will be my biggest beef with the new replica jerseys. I'm sure some of you won't like it, I find it tolerable, but I still like the CCM 550's better. For better or worse, welcome to the future.