It arrived today v. 4.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the back number crooked or is it just me?

With zero vertical lines on that thing, how can you tell? :blink:

These came today. Both these jerseys are killer

Next time you are going to buy a jersey, spend the money on a camera with a flash instead. :lol:

Here is what I picked up last night. Anton Stralman 2010-2011 Set 2 game used jersey. The jersey has some good wear including 3 small holes that have been repaired and one unrepaired hole. I have also been able to photomatch it.

That is a sharp jersey by itself, but with that patch it's even better looking. Nice one! :thumbsup:

LAK, did you drop of a Jets jersey? They post pictures on their Facebook page. The Halpern was up there for awhile Brandon. I thought it was yours. :)

LAK, did you drop of a Jets jersey? They post pictures on their Facebook page. The Halpern was up there for awhile Brandon. I thought it was yours. :)

You talking about Stitches?? If so I mailed one in, was told it arrived today although I'm on their Facebook page and don't see any pictures posted there??

Nope, it wasn't mine- I have a Kings and 'Canes being done. Or at least I think they're being done...

###### phone..nice pick up Chad!

Thanks doggy

Guam thanks for cleaning it! I usually have to pay to get it cleaned. I think you use too much bleach though

And Jeffb if I ever get a wild wing for under 100 ill buy a new camera. But seriously the the iPhone photobucket app makes it way too easy to upload photos to even justify going onto my computer

Well, two possible grails here. The first is definitely a made by Norcon 1980 USA replica jersey. This jersey lacks Norcon tags (which really stinks) but the wash tag matches the one on the Morrow gamer currently for auction. My only complaints is that it fits like a child's large and there was no #33 on that team. Also, I believe the numbering was done after the fact by Cosby's. The twill is a bit different than the front lettering and the arm 3's are the wrong font. Anyway here goes...

5f1c1e.jpg

ncdp4i.jpg

16hua6v.jpg

And the tag from the Morrow gamer. This isn't a generic wash tag either as it states the city where the Norcon factory was located.

4qg4d2.jpg

And here's the white one, though this jersey is a bit of a mystery. As you can see, the front lettering is diagonal which was seen on the pre-Olympic jerseys. It also has the stars on the shoulders which were only on the Olympic jerseys. The front "s" is the same font used on the Olympic jerseys too. The "s" on the pre-Olympic jerseys was a different font. So basically, this is a perfect replica of the Olympic jersey besides the diagonal USA configuration. No tagging, which stinks, but there's remnants of the white neck tag still hardly in place. In terms of construction, everything matches the other Norcon jersey so I'm pretty confident it was made by the same company. The seller apparently bought it in Minneapolis right after the Olympic games and said the Norcon tag was intact at one time. Fits like a starter 46 authentic with a couple extra inches of length. The actual Olympic gamers had extra length added to the body as well because the players complained about the pre-Olympic jerseys. So the cut is a match as well. I'm 95% sure this is a legit Norcon jersey too. The customization on this is a bit off as well. The sleeve numbers are too large and the wrong font. The back number is perfect size, font, and location though.

qs45lv.jpg

n5sn6s.jpg

ivam13.jpg

ea2jpt.jpg

1oawx0.jpg

2yttcf9.jpg

2w5m58k.jpg

Same thing is happening to me. They've had my jerseys since before Thanksgiving and still haven't charged my card yet. When I inquired in early January when they'd be ready they told me I would have them almost 2 weeks ago. My patience is starting to wear thin.

Yeah thats weird, I sent mine in right before Thanksgiving too. Pretty odd if you ask me. I really dont care at all how long it takes. EPS can take months upon months but it comes back right and they tell me ahead of time, "its gonna be awhile".

Yeah, I decided to try Stitches as a quicker alternative to EPS, since on their website it says turnaround time is around 2 weeks. If I knew it was going to take this long I would have just sent them to EPS in the first place. I just hope they do a good job...

You talking about Stitches?? If so I mailed one in, was told it arrived today although I'm on their Facebook page and don't see any pictures posted there??

Yup. Its a Kane if that helps.

Nope, it wasn't mine- I have a Kings and 'Canes being done. Or at least I think they're being done...

Oh sorry. I'll keep an eye out to see if they post those teams

Nothing to be sorry about. Actually thanks for mentioning that about their Facebook page- I didn't even know they did that.

thanks for mentioning that about their Facebook page- I didn't even know they did that.

No problem! I figured I'd be on the lookout for deals from them, but they don't post any haha. I saw a couple of members' jerseys on their FB page, so thats why it clicked. I didn't think too many people in the NJ area have a new Jets jersey.

Yup. Its a Kane if that helps.

Ya that would be mine, where did you see these pics??

EDIT: Nevermind, I was on their facebook page and didn't see any but I didn't know they had a "personal" account so I added them as a friend I see it now!

2696777030105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2578936240105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2511792450105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2768117340105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2946709480105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2537350310105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

The Capitals jersey is amazing, i picked it up for dirt cheap because the guy said he got it from the Caps when they swtiched jerseys in the mid 90's..and since he was a season ticket holder they stitched his name and number on as well as the C because they gave STH's recycled gamers. Dont know if that has any truth to it but this thing was stained from head to toe and i was able to strip it (only with a faint pink outline from the red bleeding through from the numbers) and remove every single stain on it..i cannot belive how clean it is now. I just have no idea who to customize it with since the C is still there, thinking Hunter but I'd like to be different. The Blackhawks ultrafil was also a good deal that required some stripping and i bought the 75th patch for, not sure if i wanna strip the remaining 7's or not....who would have been the captain during the ultrafil period??

That Kings jersey is team issued. Assuming it came already customized, the number placement should be fine.

Where'd you get it at? Because that's a game jersey. You can see the serial tag in the rear hem there. The number placement reminds me of the ones worn in last year's season opener in Vancouver for their 40th anniversary celebration.

HOLY CRAP MIKE! I just saw those US jerseys! They are outstanding! Does the blue one have the double elbows? Because that one looks EXACTLY like the game ones. The white one also looks like the style that they used pre-tournament I think. Very sharp looking. Probably as close as any of us can get to a game jersey from that team. Especially since the Morrow gamer was just listed yesterday and is already up to $27,000!!!

Nice pickups all around. :thumbsup: FHG, love the variety of jerseys you got there, a very neat haul indeed! The Kings jersey is sweet!!! I'm looking for one in that style myself. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. :blink:

Where'd you get it at? Because that's a game jersey. You can see the serial tag in the rear hem there. The number placement reminds me of the ones worn in last year's season opener in Vancouver for their 40th anniversary celebration.

Does the jersey look brand new? Kevin Westgarth (#19) plays so infrequently that the jersey probably never got used.

Beautiful jersey, btw. I want one!

They both have double shoulders. Neither has double elbows. I'm not even sure if the gamers had double elbows. Looking at all the pictures of gamers I've seen, I don't believe they do. I'm gonna ask over at gameworn.net once my account gets verified though. I feel like some guys over there will have some more info.

Really wish both still had Norcon tags. Would be a lot more valuable. Oh well. I'm about 99% sure the blue one is definitely a Norcon original (due to the matching laundry tag) and about 90% sure the white one is too simply due to the construction of the jersey (everything matches the blue one and photos of Norcon jerseys I've seen) and the seller's provenance. Again though, I'm gonna ask around and see what I can come up with.

The customization on both kinda irks me though simply because A) it's wrong and B)you can tell they're both after the fact jobs.