It arrived today v. 4.0

Brilliant!

You know what...just looking at the Morrow over on Classic Auctions right now, I don't see any elbow inserts on that one either. That may have been the norm for those jerseys. The numbers are definitely wrong though. The 3's look way too fat. Here's a good shot of the Craig in the HHOF:

USA1980Olympics1-vi.jpg

I doubt that's anything that you can't fix though. I'm sure you can get them redone properly. I know I've seen game ones that look like that white one too. Even with the crappy numbers, I'm pretty sure that was the style used during the National Team's 'regular season'.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The white one is a bit of a head scratcher. The USA is diagonal like the "regular season jerseys" which they wore for 60 exhibition games prior to the Olympics, but it also has stars on the shoulders which the pre-Olympic jerseys didn't have. And the "S" on the pre-Olympic jerseys was a different font. The "s" on mine matches the Olympic jerseys. So it's some ###### child between the two.

Pre-Olympic Jersey

image_php_1179486.jpg

meruzione8x10-2.jpg

usa_1980_blue_r0a2_fnc0.jpg

Olympic jersey

1980+USA+Hockey+Jersey.jpg

The Olympic jerseys were also cut much longer due to player complaints, and mine definitely has that long cut. It's kinda cut like a M&N jersey. An extra few inches in the body.

Hmm...for some reason, I feel like I've seen that style font across the chest like that. I just can't place where. Maybe during the pre-tournament games? Which style did they use against the Russians on February 9 at the Garden? The diagonal with the fat S or the arched one?

Huh. I'm not sure then. Do the letters feel like they're heat-pressed at all? Because, if you could get them off clean, you could just end up doing a white version of the Olympic style with the arch on front rather than the diagonal.

Huh. I'm not sure then. Do the letters feel like they're heat-pressed at all? Because, if you could get them off clean, you could just end up doing a white version of the Olympic style with the arch on front rather than the diagonal.

Haha...great minds think alike. The letters were sewn together first and then only the outer edge was sewn to the jersey which would make things easier. My only concern is harming the twill since it's so old and not in the greatest shape, as you can see in the last picture of the back 9. For the white jersey, I'd just redo the front cresting, replace the arm numbers, and then add a Broten nameplate. For the blue, I'd just strip the numbers and completely re-attribute to a different player.

I'm gonna ask around on gameworn.net before anything though. For all I know, the white one was a prototype between the pre-Olympic and Olympic jerseys that was never used. Highly doubtful, but you never know.

Since this thread gets WAY more views and sorry to ask these questions in two places but, I am posting my most recent arrival here....where do you guys recommend I send this for cresting? And if anyone could help me on where I could get the missing "Nashville" wordmark made/replaced, It would be GREATLY appreciated! Might try to find the Nashville 5th patch as well!

SZ 56 01-04 Preds Third

20120120_204759.jpg

20120120_204831.jpg

It doesn't look like the bronze material in the letters and numbers are the same as the material of the jersey like in the gamers. The only places I have seen get that right are Cutting Edge (who did the gamers) and EPS.

Spot on, EPS did the Kolzig alternate that I bought from Cityofwinners on Ebay and the bronze had lines in it, very hard to descibe and getting the 25th anni patch put on so cannot send a photo.

quote name='flyhighguys94' timestamp='1327162572' post='80652']

[The Capitals jersey is amazing, i picked it up for dirt cheap because the guy said he got it from the Caps when they swtiched jerseys in the mid 90's..and since he was a season ticket holder they stitched his name and number on as well as the C because they gave STH's recycled gamers. Dont know if that has any truth to it but this thing was stained from head to toe and i was able to strip it (only with a faint pink outline from the red bleeding through from the numbers) and remove every single stain on it..i cannot belive how clean it is now. I just have no idea who to customize it with since the C is still there, thinking Hunter but I'd like to be different. The Blackhawks ultrafil was also a good deal that required some stripping and i bought the 75th patch for, not sure if i wanna strip the remaining 7's or not....who would have been the captain during the ultrafil period??

Dirk Graham was the Blackhawks captain the year they wore the NHL 75th anniversary patch, Chelios and Larmer were the alternates. The back seven is the wrong font, should be like this.

Jerseys155.jpg[

Picked up a LA Kings throwback jersey. Not sure if the number placement is perfect but I love the colors. I wish the new jerseys looked this good.

WestiJersey001.jpg

WestiJersey004.jpg

Wow Jerseyhound! That's an awesome jersey! Why, oh, why does it look so familiar? Oh...wait... I remember now...

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2792&view=findpost&p=56246

If your gonna swipe a jersey and claim it's your own at least crop the photos so my pretty autumn leaf sheets aren't in the picture. Or better yet buy a jersey and post your own stuff. Jerk-off!

Wow Jerseyhound! That's an awesome jersey! Why, oh, why does it look so familiar? Oh...wait... I remember now...

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2792&view=findpost&p=56246

If your gonna swipe a jersey and claim it's your own at least crop the photos so my pretty autumn leaf sheets aren't in the picture. Or better yet buy a jersey and post your own stuff. Jerk-off!

Owned.

I gotta say, that should be grounds for a ban. I am going to start watermarking my stuff. Kanels is right. What is there possibly to gain by posting something that isnt yours?

I gotta say, that should be grounds for a ban. I am going to start watermarking my stuff. Kanels is right. What is there possibly to gain by posting something that isnt yours?

He thinks he looks cool for having a gamer? I agree, he should be banned for that. He's obviously dishonest and we don't need that crap here. I wouldn't want anyone to get burned doing a deal with him for a jersey he doesn't own.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

UNREAL! what a Jag'r-off!

That has to be the 1st time I've seen someone try to pull that s*** on this forum. Did he think you wouldn't notice!?!

...but I guess the numbers are placed ok then huh? :thumbsup:

:wub: This is why i never post pictures of my jerseys, i just know you will make fun of my sheets

Almost as bad Arse as Jerseyhound!

macho-fail.jpg