It arrived today v. 4.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I know the thread title is 'it arrived today,' but this is my 'it arrived at some point over the last month or so' post, as I felt it would be tidier than posting them all individually.. :unsure: But as it turns out I'm only allowed to post a certain amount of images, so this is part one of two. Click on thumbnails for big pics.

Bought these satin jackets off eBay, they were listed as 'game-worn', which for obvious reasons doesn't make any sense.The seller told me that they were worn away from the rink and during interviews, etc, which I found unlikely, but I bought them anyway just because they're awesome jackets in and of themselves and 30-40 years old. Now that I have them with me it's pretty obvious that they likely weren't worn at any time because they're both in absolutely pristine condition, the only indication that they could have been team-issued is a 'V' in marker on the tag of the Flyers jacket and what looks like 'ku' written faintly on the Caps jacket. The Caps dates from some time before 1981, because the 'Washington' is still in big letters, while the Flyers could date from any time between 1967 and 1985-ish by the looks of it. I haven't been able to find any info on these so far but I'm going to try and do some research. Probably a long shot, but if anyone here has any info, it would be appreciated...

picture003bz.th.jpg picture004ac.th.jpg picture001fn.th.jpg picture002hk.th.jpg

1997-2000 Leafs home authentic, this for me is THE jersey I wanted most in this world, it'll become a long-awaited Steve Thomas when it's known whether or not Major League Lettering is still alive and kicking.

picture014bz.th.jpg picture015br.th.jpg

1992-93 Nordiques authentic, as much as I love and worship Mats I actually would have preferred a Kamensky or a Fiset, but for the price I paid I'm definitely not complaining.

picture008tz.th.jpg picture009zn.th.jpg

Sharks replica I found for $5 at Value Village, tags still attached. Even though I'm not so sure what I'm going to end up doing with this (if the 1 and the 2 were simply reversed it'd be a no-brainer, but alas), I couldn't pass on it at that price.

picture011tm.th.jpg picture012vj.th.jpg

Graham CCM ultrafil Hawks 1992 Cup Finals. Patch is sewn onto a piece of ultrafil and over a NHL 75th Anni patch as the Hawks and Pens did that year.

Parte due, and by the way, apologies for the unbelievably ugly bedspread, in retrospect a dark background would have been a better idea, oh well.

Another inexpensive find, found this for $20 at another thrift store, pure undiluted awesome. B) No fight strap, so with my limited knowledge, i'm assuming replica. It has a couple minor stains on the front, but they should clean up. Can someone refresh my memory, would this be 2004 WC of Hockey? I was going to say 2002 Olympics but i'm pretty sure those had the 1952 throwback leaves on the shoulders.

picture017s.th.jpg picture016zv.th.jpg

Another el cheapo find, I was at Play It Again Sports getting new wheels put on my rollerblades and they had a bunch of 90s replica jerseys hanging up around the walls, and this one caught my eye, and I half-heartedly asked if it was for sale; they threw it in for $10. Very nice guy. Anyway, it looks better in the pics for whatever reason, but there's a fair amount of piling and some small holes, and there are some dust stains (according to the store dude, it hung on the wall for more than a decade uninterrupted, so it's not too surprising) on the front that I have to get around to cleaning up with some bleach. Nowhere near pristine condition but it'll be a cool one to wear around when I get it cleaned up, I've wanted a Fedorov Wings jersey for a LONG time.

picture019a.th.jpg picture018ez.th.jpg

This has been one of my Grails since, um, a time when I thought that 12x12 was the hardest question in the world. Found it on eBay a few weeks ago, it is definitely becoming a Zigmund Palffy. I forgot to take a pic of the back but it's an authentic avec fight strap and orange CCM. Childhood nostalgia, by the way, is pretty much the reason I collect jerseys...

picture013s.th.jpg

And finally, les vrais pieces de resistance, so far as I'm concerned... This is a Sandow SK durene Nordiques jersey, the numbers are almost definitely a later addition, because the Nords were using screen-printed numbers at the time, and it should also have a name. Fleurs-de-lis and logo are paint print. In my research I've found durene gamers that look exactly like that, but made by Maska, I've yet to find a durene Sandow Nords on the internets, only mesh, so for now I'm making the assumption that it's a replica. In terms of looks it should date from between 1976 and 1978. I dig it anyway, I like the look and aging of durene a lot better than mesh, and it's in pretty fantastic condition to boot. The numbers are most likely going to have to go though.

picture005fh.th.jpg picture007kr.th.jpg picture006ad.th.jpg

1981 Gartner jersey. Maska made the Caps NHL jerseys at this time, but this one-off home and away set by Sandow, the only Caps jerseys made by Sandow incidentally, were made and brought over to Sweden for a pre-season tournament, which the Caps won. There are a number of these around on the internet, and so far as I can tell, these may or may not have actually been worn in the tournament, but judging by the (brand new) condition of my jersey, they most likely weren't, just kept as backups. The only minor imperfection is a tiny dot above the 'K' in SK, aside from that, free of any wear. Apparently the final game of this tournament was actually broadcast on the CBC, one of these days i'm going to go to the HHOF archives and see if they have the tape so I can solve the mystery once and for all. But UM, a beautiful jersey either way, definitely the no. 1 item in my collection. I love those old Caps jerseys, despite this I'm still on the lookout for one from the 70s, FYI...

picture021qa.th.jpg picture022lt.th.jpg

Graham CCM ultrafil Hawks 1992 Cup Finals. Patch is sewn onto a piece of ultrafil and over a NHL 75th Anni patch as the Hawks and Pens did that year.

Cool jersey, nice one! B)

Wow cuore_azzurro! You are on a roll. Very nice pick ups. :thumbsup:

Wow cuore_azzurro! You are on a roll. Very nice pick ups. :thmubsup:

Thank you! :D Don't ask me how much I paid for a couple of those, though. :unsure: I have a couple significantly less expensive finds coming in the mail but that's it for me and jerseys for the next while, I need to save for other less-interesting but overall more important things for a while now. :glare:

The Caps wore Sandow jerseys for two pre-seasons in 1980 and 1981 when they went over to Sweden like you said. But, the game ones I've seen were significantly different in font styles. Maybe somebody incorrectly put Gartner's name and number on it after the fact?

The Caps wore Sandow jerseys for two pre-seasons in 1980 and 1981 when they went over to Sweden like you said. But, the game ones I've seen were significantly different in font styles. Maybe somebody incorrectly put Gartner's name and number on it after the fact?

Interestingly enough, I've come across the same problem, for example, these two look to be the same style to me, and the same sort of crinkly, stiff material for the letters that a lot of teams used in the 80s:

http://www.gameworn.org/palmy/index.html

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=7&lotid=391

But then the other day I came across this, which is completely different.

http://capsjerseys.com/notes_sandow.html

Not entirely sure what gives. This set, home and away, apparently came from the Caps' equipment manager, not sure what that says.

I am pretty confident that Nords jersey is from the 79-80 the first nhl year of NORDIQUES. That style of logo was only used that one year and sandow only made them that one year number 19 that season was Alain Cote but i doubt those numbers are original but i bet if you remove those numbers you will definitely see outline of the former numbers.

that jersey in my opinion is a gamer that some moron decide to make into a Joe Sakic

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=54&lotid=516

it also may have been a spare what material are the numbers?

I am pretty confident that Nords jersey is from the 79-80 the first nhl year of NORDIQUES. That style of logo was only used that one year and sandow only made them that one year number 19 that season was Alain Cote but i doubt those numbers are original but i bet if you remove those numbers you will definitely see outline of the former numbers.

that jersey in my opinion is a gamer that some moron decide to make into a Joe Sakic

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=54&lotid=516

it also may have been a spare what material are the numbers?

I'm not sure what material the numbers are TBH, they're stitched on, but the problem is that the jersey isn't mesh like the one in the auction, it's durene, like cotton but heavier and, um, smoother and kind of shinier, if that makes sense. The logos were also screened on that year as opposed to paint print, I snapped a couple pics of a Real Cloutier 79-80 gamer at the HHOF a few weeks ago that shows this:

img0561g.th.jpg img0558kx.th.jpg

I also don't see anything remaining of a Sandow SK tag on the hem of the jersey, if there ever was one, so I'm led to believe that it's a replica until something can prove me wrong.

It's most likely a replica fan jersey from that time. The Nords did wear Sport Maska durene early on in their history but they had sewn on twill in that time. They only started using the screened on jerseys in 1976-77 when they made the switch to Sandow SK mesh; which they carried over into their first year in the NHL. No fight straps in the Sandow ones too.

I do know that I've seen older Nords replicas that looked like that though. I've seen both the knit AND mesh versions. That doesn't change the fact that it's still really nice looking though. I love the older Nords jerseys...but I think most of you guys already knew that!

It's most likely a replica fan jersey from that time. The Nords did wear Sport Maska durene early on in their history but they had sewn on twill in that time. They only started using the screened on jerseys in 1976-77 when they made the switch to Sandow SK mesh; which they carried over into their first year in the NHL. No fight straps in the Sandow ones too.

I do know that I've seen older Nords replicas that looked like that though. I've seen both the knit AND mesh versions. That doesn't change the fact that it's still really nice looking though. I love the older Nords jerseys...but I think most of you guys already knew that!

Yup, that's what I found as well from looking at auctions for gamers. I actually like the look of it better than the mesh, as mentioned. :D Any further thoughts/comments from you on the Caps jersey would be highly appreciated as well, what did the lettering on the jerseys you saw look like?

My First game worn AHL jersey. It is an 09-10 Dan LaCosta Crunch Theme Jersey. I believe this is a 09-10 based on the placement of the P&C patch but it was sold as a 08-09 jersey, can anyone confirm this for me? The few photos of 08-09 theme jerseys I have found have the patch overlapping onto the blue shoulder area. Not sure if you can tell from the pics or not but the name plate and numbers are off center by about half an inch and it has a good number of black marks on the front of the jersey. BTW in a week or so I will be posting another jersey to go with this one.

2009-2010DanLaCostaGameWorn3rdJerseyFront.jpg

2009-2010DanLaCostaGameWorn3rdJerseyBack.jpg

Ok, probably gonna get reemed out on this one... I ordered a jersey from a place that I knew was in all likelihood, counterfeit. BUT, it was for a 1992 All Star jersey, which I can't seem to find anywhere. It just arrived while I was home on my lunch break.

EDIT: It's fake, and apparently draws out enormous over-reactions, so I've deleted the pictures. I hope to one day replace it with a real 1992 Western Conference All Star jersey.

I also received a 2003 Eastern Conference All Star blank, new with tags, that only cost me $85 shipped. Been looking for this for a while. It will become a Roenick. Still on the look out for USA Flag patches... like everyone is.

The biggest problem is that the NHL logo itself is way off, but like you said, the average fan likely couldn't tell the difference. What YOU think of it is what matters in the end anyway. :closedeyes:

Another inexpensive find, found this for $20 at another thrift store, pure undiluted awesome. B) No fight strap, so with my limited knowledge, i'm assuming replica. It has a couple minor stains on the front, but they should clean up. Can someone refresh my memory, would this be 2004 WC of Hockey? I was going to say 2002 Olympics but i'm pretty sure those had the 1952 throwback leaves on the shoulders.

That's the 98 Olympic jersey which Lemieux was never a part of. They didn't have fight straps.

The first of my Hextall collection just came back today. Size 52 Ultrafil Nordiques-

Isn't it beautiful?

hextall-b.jpg

hextall-f.jpg

The first of my Hextall collection just came back today. Size 52 Ultrafil Nordiques-

Isn't it beautiful?

Yes, it is. Where did you happen to get the matching ultrafil nameplate?

Ok, probably gonna get reemed out on this one... I ordered a jersey from a place that I knew was in all likelihood, counterfeit. BUT, it was for a 1992 All Star jersey, which I can't seem to find anywhere. It just arrived while I was home on my lunch break.

It's definitely fake, but overall, I'm honestly not that displeased with it. It's a good material, and it fits well. Honestly, this will tide me over until I hopefully one day find a real 1992 jersey that I can then get customized correctly. I'm sure there will be plenty of things people can pick out as being incorrect, but that's cuz we're all jersey snobs. I doubt many people will be able to pick out the inaccuracies on this if I were to wear it to a game:

I have a 2003 Eastern Conference jersey that should be arriving today as well, so I'll post pictures of that when it gets here.

I think its pretty disgraceful to put up a fake as a collector, in all honesty i have no idea what would posses someone to buy piece of crap like that. I did once 2 years ago order a greece jersey that ended up being fake i tried as much possible to convince myself that there was nothing wrong buying a rare fake but i ended up shredding it and taking the 25$ loss.

sorry but i think that jersey has no place in this forum

Fakes ruin the hobby they have no place in the hobby. If you can't find a jersey be patient if i can find a 76 game worn scf dryden you can fin a authentic all star jersey

I think its pretty disgraceful to put up a fake as a collector, in all honesty i have no idea what would posses someone to buy piece of crap like that. I did once 2 years ago order a greece jersey that ended up being fake i tried as much possible to convince myself that there was nothing wrong buying a rare fake but i ended up shredding it and taking the 25$ loss.

sorry but i think that jersey has no place in this forum

Fakes ruin the hobby they have no place in the hobby. If you can't find a jersey be patient if i can find a 76 game worn scf dryden you can fin a authentic all star jersey

Like I said, I knew I would get reemed. But especially if you've done it before yourself, sorry but you have no place criticizing me. Just because you shredded it doesn't mean you didn't buy the fake in the first place, so you were just as wrong as I was in your whole defense.

Fakes do not ruin the hobby in my opinion. People still know what's real and what isn't. It's not like suddenly stores are going to start carrying fakes over real jerseys, and it will suddenly become so hard to find a real jersey.

You took this way to the extreme buddy. Go drink a beer and calm down. That was completely unnecessary.

I'm still on the look out for a 1992 Western Conference All Star jersey, and I will be until the day I get one. I took a shot on this jersey, and it's fake. It's my money, and I wasted it. You don't need to act like I'm ruining the hobby. That's beyond extreme.

Like I said, I knew I would get reemed. But especially if you've done it before yourself, sorry but you have no place criticizing me. Just because you shredded it doesn't mean you didn't buy the fake in the first place, so you were just as wrong as I was in your whole defense.

Fakes do not ruin the hobby in my opinion. People still know what's real and what isn't. It's not like suddenly stores are going to start carrying fakes over real jerseys, and it will suddenly become so hard to find a real jersey.

You took this way to the extreme buddy. Go drink a beer and calm down. That was completely unnecessary.

I'm still on the look out for a 1992 Western Conference All Star jersey, and I will be until the day I get one. I took a shot on this jersey, and it's fake. It's my money, and I wasted it. You don't need to act like I'm ruining the hobby. That's beyond extreme.

Those don't exist. Prior to 94 the conferences were still Campbell and Wales, you're looking for a Campbell conference all star jersey.

Thanks TMLFAN. Yes. That's what I meant. I hope I find one too. So if anyone has one please let me know.