Avery put on waivers

Krendelev

Hopefully he's done in the NHL.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=594314

HA HA! <Point and Laugh>

Good Riddance!

As a Rangers fan I love Avery. I'd love him more if he could score goals, but his role is that of an enforcer and he's good at it. He'll likely clear waivers, and if Prust and/or Rupp get hurt (like all enforcers do) he'll be back.

I'm a huge Red Wings fanatic and I was extremely happy when Detroit got rid of him. He was the only player on the team at the time that I didn't like.

I am in the minority since im one of the few that actually likes Avery. With that being said, he hasnt been the same for a few years now since he was neutered by tororella. This is not a move that will have any major reprocussions on how the rangers will do this year.

I'll get the Avery Whale jersey if I can hang it up next to my Redden Whale jersey! (but seriously, I own neither and love watching the rangers pay these guys to play in the minors :thumbsup: )

• 6 months later...

That jerk doesn't deserve to be in the NHL. I will be glad if he never suits up again.

Why? Because he's a pest and he's good at it? The guys who don't belong in the NHL are the guys who blatantly try to end careers.

I'm confused, are we talking about our feelings about Avery 7 months ago when this thread was current, or our feelings now that this is old news and Avery hasn't laced up for a game (at any level) since January?

This is why thread necromancy is a dark art.

• 2 months later...

The guy's an absolute cretin, as a Rangers fan I don't find his antics funny or even motivating. I just think he lets the whole organization down.