Your teams jerseys

Mach_9

I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone here thinks of their own teams jerseys, and what they would like to see changed or tinkered with on them, however minor or major the change:

For me - obviously the Sabres - the new jerseys are great, in my opinion but the log just has to go. It's hideous. As for the new 'sleeker' look, it actually works for the Sabres, being a very youthful team, whose well adapted and (dare I say it) perhaps even the poster team for, the new NHL. I don't think it would work with many other colors, but our new look is actually pretty sharp. If we could nix that logo all together and impliment an updated version of the vintage crest, I'd be heaven. At that point, I'd say keep the vintage as the third and I couldn't be happier.

If we don't manage to kill the logo without killing the jerseys as well, than I say let's modernize the vintage (home and away) and bring them back, the way the Oilers, Flyers, Penguins, Islanders, Rangers, etc. have modernized older incarnates of their uniforms for todays NHL.

This is what I want: http://www.afterfivemedia.com/clients/sabres/jerseys.php

I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone here thinks of their own teams jerseys, and what they would like to see changed or tinkered with on them, however minor or major the change:

For me - obviously the Sabres - the new jerseys are great, in my opinion but the log just has to go. It's hideous. As for the new 'sleeker' look, it actually works for the Sabres, being a very youthful team, whose well adapted and (dare I say it) perhaps even the poster team for, the new NHL. I don't think it would work with many other colors, but our new look is actually pretty sharp. If we could nix that logo all together and impliment an updated version of the vintage crest, I'd be heaven. At that point, I'd say keep the vintage as the third and I couldn't be happier.

If we don't manage to kill the logo without killing the jerseys as well, than I say let's modernize the vintage (home and away) and bring them back, the way the Oilers, Flyers, Penguins, Islanders, Rangers, etc. have modernized older incarnates of their uniforms for todays NHL.

This is what I want: http://www.afterfivemedia.com/clients/sabres/jerseys.php

I saw those pictures posted somewhere before and really liked that look. I wish the Sabres would have gone that route instead of the slug.

I saw those pictures posted somewhere before and really liked that look. I wish the Sabres would have gone that route instead of the slug.

Definitly. I don't think I'd be able to resist buying a couple of those. That look would have been a perfect return to the vintage colors and logo, with the right amoung of modernization and innovation to please the old school fans, please the younger fans, and bring in some new ones, or at least boost jersey sales, in the same manner that the 'slug' has.

Definitly. I don't think I'd be able to resist buying a couple of those. That look would have been a perfect return to the vintage colors and logo, with the right amoung of modernization and innovation to please the old school fans, please the younger fans, and bring in some new ones, or at least boost jersey sales, in the same manner that the 'slug' has.

My guess is that the sales of the slug unis doing so well is mainly based on people wanting to have what the team is wearing no matter what they think of the look. With how well the team did last year and how well they have started this year it is no wonder the jersey has sold well. I myself have not ordered one yet, but will eventually. Will be the dark one, the white one just doesn't have the right look to it. Then again for most teams the dark jerseys look better than the Road whites.

My guess is that the sales of the slug unis doing so well is mainly based on people wanting to have what the team is wearing no matter what they think of the look. With how well the team did last year and how well they have started this year it is no wonder the jersey has sold well. I myself have not ordered one yet, but will eventually. Will be the dark one, the white one just doesn't have the right look to it. Then again for most teams the dark jerseys look better than the Road whites.

I definitly agree and think that that is the reason that the sales are so high right now. I just think that sales would have been just as high, if not a nudge higher, with the modernized version of the original logo and the fans would be a lot happier. I think we agree on that too. B)

I definitly agree and think that that is the reason that the sales are so high right now. I just think that sales would have been just as high, if not a nudge higher, with the modernized version of the original logo and the fans would be a lot happier. I think we agree on that too. B)

We sure do.

For my Flames, when they first brought out the Black C..just about had a heart attack.. but they put a bit of orange into the red. When they first came out I could swear it was more of a pinkish red but I haven't noticed since the debut.

I am happy with the jersey, I have one on order for an authentic with my name and number, can't wait to get it but will have to wait awhile yet.

I don't think I can offer any changes to the Red Wings uniforms. I'd get lynched ;)

There's really nothing minor to tweak, and the only other option is a wholesale change -- which wouldn't go over very well here.

Unless the Wings continue in their slide toward mediocrity, the Tigers win the World Series, and the Pistons continue to play well. Then nobody around here will notice after a few years. :(

It would be the same for my Habs, if there was any changes to their jerseys there would be another riot in the streets I'm sure :)

The only tweaking to the jerseys of recent memory was changing the number style on their road jersey, but that was about it. Bringing the '46 Vintage jersey was awesome, so that eliminated any ideas of using creating a new alternate jersey. I'm glad they went with a traditional look like the Leafs & Canucks.

Yeah the Habs and Wing's jersyes are ones I'd have to leave alone too. Still you never know what some people would like to see and I thought it would be interesting to find out what some of us might like our teams to do with their uniforms. I think some fans (Sabres?) have more to want to change than others.

Yeah the Habs and Wing's jersyes are ones I'd have to leave alone too. Still you never know what some people would like to see and I thought it would be interesting to find out what some of us might like our teams to do with their uniforms. I think some fans (Sabres?) have more to want to change than others.

Yeah, the original six teams should stay clear of too many changes, just slight modifications would be acceptable. Teams like the Lightning could use an overhaul, the only thing they ever changed was dumping their 3rd jersey & the removal of the lightning style numbers.

Yeah, the original six teams should stay clear of too many changes, just slight modifications would be acceptable. Teams like the Lightning could use an overhaul, the only thing they ever changed was dumping their 3rd jersey & the removal of the lightning style numbers.

The lightning could definitly use a complete overhaul. I just don't like their uniforms at all. They are some of the most plain, boring jerseys around, with an ugly logo. I think they're most in need of a change. The devils could update a little bit, but simplicity works for them.

The lightning could definitly use a complete overhaul. I just don't like their uniforms at all. They are some of the most plain, boring jerseys around, with an ugly logo. I think they're most in need of a change. The devils could update a little bit, but simplicity works for them.

In their jerseys and game-play (haven't seen how they've been playing this year, though) ;)

In their jerseys and game-play (haven't seen how they've been playing this year, though) ;)

Yeah, the Devils almost killed hockey in the 90's with their trap. Hopefully with the new rules and the loss of Neidermeyer and Stevens they'll be forced to move on to an offensive style now. I like Elias and Gionta, but I have never really cared for the Devils and I really disliked them up until Gionta became such an exciting player.

The Lightning jerseys were good when they debuted in 1993. White shoulder yoke on a black jersey? Plus they used those funky fonts on the lettering for the first several seasons. Now, they're dated and in need of an overhaul.

Back to the original topic, my team's jerseys. The Coyotes CCCP-looking jerseys took a while for me to warm up to. I liked the old black, green and red garish things they wore when they moved to Phoenix, I liked the alternates, with the desert scenery trim and geckos on the shoulders. They were unique, screamed "Phoenix" and everybody outside the 602/480/623 hated them, including Gretzky, who ordered a change to simplicity. Brick red and white, how exciting. :rolleyes: I don't know why the PHX patch is only on one sleeve, it should go on both, IMO. Black trim around the numbers would help, but the plain white ones are OK, since they use a stylized font. Even so, I would never have designed what they are wearing now.

The Lightning jerseys were good when they debuted in 1993. White shoulder yoke on a black jersey? Plus they used those funky fonts on the lettering for the first several seasons. Now, they're dated and in need of an overhaul.

Back to the original topic, my team's jerseys. The Coyotes CCCP-looking jerseys took a while for me to warm up to. I liked the old black, green and red garish things they wore when they moved to Phoenix, I liked the alternates, with the desert scenery trim and geckos on the shoulders. They were unique, screamed "Phoenix" and everybody outside the 602/480/623 hated them, including Gretzky, who ordered a change to simplicity. Brick red and white, how exciting. :rolleyes: I don't know why the PHX patch is only on one sleeve, it should go on both, IMO. Black trim around the numbers would help, but the plain white ones are OK, since they use a stylized font. Even so, I would never have designed what they are wearing now.

I agree, I liked the previous Phoenix jerseys more than the current ones. I do like the new ones too though. I really like the colors of the dark jersey.

I like Phoenix's new jerseys. It's a functional kind of simplicity. It's better than the devils, lightning and other teams have a very basic look. The logo is pretty nice too.

I agree, I liked the previous Phoenix jerseys more than the current ones. I do like the new ones too though. I really like the colors of the dark jersey.

That's rare that someone outside of Arizona actually liked those better. A little story about those. When my wife and I were making marriage/wedding plans, the cost of formalwear was a turnoff, plus we wanted to elope. Since it was 2002 and the Coyotes jerseys were white and black, they made perfect attire for our wedding. Yes, I was wearing my black one and she was in the white one and our tiny cermony in Niagara Falls was our (or at least my) perfect wedding. I guess we're Coyotes fans forever. Our honeymoon? A trip to Montreal, Toronto and a visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Perfect wedding, indeed!

That's rare that someone outside of Arizona actually liked those better. A little story about those. When my wife and I were making marriage/wedding plans, the cost of formalwear was a turnoff, plus we wanted to elope. Since it was 2002 and the Coyotes jerseys were white and black, they made perfect attire for our wedding. Yes, I was wearing my black one and she was in the white one and our tiny cermony in Niagara Falls was our (or at least my) perfect wedding. I guess we're Coyotes fans forever. Our honeymoon? A trip to Montreal, Toronto and a visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Perfect wedding, indeed!

Nice wedding there.

As for the jerseys, I used to have a Tkachuk jersey from that era. Ended up giving it to a friend of mine for his birthday since he was a Coyotes fan.

Yeah, the Devils almost killed hockey in the 90's with their trap. Hopefully with the new rules and the loss of Neidermeyer and Stevens they'll be forced to move on to an offensive style now. I like Elias and Gionta, but I have never really cared for the Devils and I really disliked them up until Gionta became such an exciting player.

That era is done. The Devils can still play Devils hockey when need be (Hence the 120 minutes of shutout hockey Marty and co. have produced against Florida and the CBJ) but this is an exciting, fun team to watch.

Elias, Gionta and Gomez are so much fun to see, especially live, and now Parise's starting to become an offensive force. He dominated the Blue Jackets tonight. Knock the atmosphere in and around Continental Airlines Arena all you want, but there's not a bad seat from top to bottom.

As for the jerseys, Lou has said he sees know reason to change anything or add a third jersey, he likes what we've got. And franky, we've got the best mix of cool and tough looking jerseys in the tri-state area of all 9 major sports franchises in the NY area.

That era is done. The Devils can still play Devils hockey when need be (Hence the 120 minutes of shutout hockey Marty and co. have produced against Florida and the CBJ) but this is an exciting, fun team to watch.

Elias, Gionta and Gomez are so much fun to see, especially live, and now Parise's starting to become an offensive force. He dominated the Blue Jackets tonight. Knock the atmosphere in and around Continental Airlines Arena all you want, but there's not a bad seat from top to bottom.

As for the jerseys, Lou has said he sees know reason to change anything or add a third jersey, he likes what we've got. And franky, we've got the best mix of cool and tough looking jerseys in the tri-state area of all 9 major sports franchises in the NY area.

I like the Devils new offensive game and I enjoy watchin Parise play. Elias has been a favorite for a while, but I didn't like the Devils until Gionta really started to blow up. I always had respect fot Brodeur and Neidermeyer though. I don't think I agree with your statement about jerseys in the tri-state area, but everyone's entitled to an opinion, and not being a big devils fan (though I'll still root for them over at least 1/2 the league now-a-days) I am probably still somewhat biased against them from not liking them in the 90's.

Yeah, Brodeur and Hasek had some fun ones in those days.

But I think you have to look at it this way. Hockey jerseys look more bad-Arse than anything else you can ever wear.

And Devils>Rangers>Islanders

Team with No (Non-Retro) Third Jersey>Team with (Non-Retro) Third Jersey

Yeah, Brodeur and Hasek had some fun ones in those days.

But I think you have to look at it this way. Hockey jerseys look more bad-Arse than anything else you can ever wear.

And Devils>Rangers>Islanders

Team with No (Non-Retro) Third Jersey>Team with (Non-Retro) Third Jersey

Sabres are from NY ;)

Though not really the tri-state area. I'm from the tri-state area, and a Sabres fan, so I kind of forget that sometimes. I love our new jerseys, despise our logo, and love our throwback.

You'll appreciate this column from my friend and writer Greg Wyshynski's preview of the Eastern Conference:

http://www.sportsfanmagazine.com/sfm/articles.html?id=2968

I'm not quite sure how the Buffalo Sabres' uniform change became the fan-hatred magnet of the summer. Yes, the new logo looks like either an atomic garden slug, the love child of a gerbil and a cashew nut, or something your Uncle Murray might wear to a South Florida meeting of the Royal Order of the Water Buffalo.

But the bottom line is that this...

Picture of New Sabres Jersey

...is less offensive than this:

Picture of Old Sabres Jersey

I'm not one of these revisionists who are suddenly treating the Blue-and-Gold Sabres uniform of old as if it were some kind of sacred shroud, drenched in tradition and mystique that defies the fact that Dave Suggerud wore one for 215 games. But they were light years closer to cool than those pseudo-ferocious red-and-black sweaters they flipped to in 1996. My, how distinct: only the Devils, Senators, Blackhawks, Hurricanes, Atlanta Falcons, Arizona Cardinals, Georgia Bulldogs, Portland Trail Blazers, Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, Texas Tech, Maryland and Rutgers have a similar color scheme.

Thank god the black uniform obsession is finally starting to ebb in the NHL; it was clearly the worst fashion trend in hockey, right up until the point when Alexander Ovechkin unleashed his closet on an unsuspecting public.

While a fellow Devils fan, he is hilarious in his breakdown of hockey and all of sports' traditions. He also wrote a hilarious book called "Glow Pucks and 10 Cent Beer: 101 worst ideas in sports history". Guess what 1 of the 101 was?

Anyway, I'm less angry than anyone else about them. I dig the numbers on the front.