Rbk Edge Uniform Officially Unveiled!

CryWolf

Rbk Edge Uniform Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you thnk of the new Rbk Edge jersey?

• Awesome looking - Looking forward to getting one for myself!
    • It's okay - maybe I'll get one eventually
    • God awful - exactly what I feared, and I will never buy a jersey again!

The official launch was today.

Rbk has launched a site about the new uniform system (which at last check was rather sluggish): www.rbkedgeuniform.com. Check out the videos, and respond to the poll!

Read my original post here for more info.

I better than I though it would be, but I'm still waiting to see the team designs for next year before my final conclusion.

From cnnsi.com

"When the 2007-08 season begins next fall, all 30 NHL teams will wear the uniforms in their respective colors and designs."

I'm VERY happy about that one!

Actually, there will be six teams making changes to their jerseys for next year. If I remember correctly, four will be completely new designs, and two will be just minor tweaks.

I reserve my final judgement until I see what the NHL teams look like. I'm not a fan of Buffalo's new jerseys (which is an entirely separate issue from their horrid new logo) and I'm still wondering why all the interesting bits of the All-Star jerseys were put on the sides, leaving the front essentially blank except for the (screened) crest.

93AS.jpg

What was wrong with this?

89AS.gif

It's the All-Star game man, show me some stars!

If I get so much as a whiff of a corporate template cranked out in team colors, such as Nike's Torino Olympic jerseys, I'm going to have a hissy fit.

One thing, I will not buy one until I get a chance to see one in person to check out the feel of the jersey and cheapo cresting and try one on for size to see if I need to go up a size from my usual. I'm going to be a tough sell, that's for certain. :noway:

Actually, there will be six teams making changes to their jerseys for next year. If I remember correctly, four will be completely new designs, and two will be just minor tweaks.

I remember hearing Boston, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Washington and Ottawa(?) being among the ones that were. I'm really excited about Vancouver and Ottawa if that is the case.

Well I don't trust those guys at TSN. After all MacGuire MC'd the showing did he not?

As for us the purchaser, I will be a tough sell because the prices have taken me out of my range of affordability and acceptability. Authentics priced too high, Replicas just don't have the same quality in my opinion, I just don't believe in silk screening. I have always been for stitching and authentic crests.

Now who knows it may take a couple years but I might come around to it but a tough sell for me definitely.

I remember hearing Boston, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Washington and Ottawa(?) being among the ones that were. I'm really excited about Vancouver and Ottawa if that is the case.

I think Dallas is one of them. Several months ago, I remember reading somewhere they had trouble fitting the star pattern on the new style jerseys.

I think they look pretty good. I am interested to see how they turn out with actual team colors though and will likely be very interested in acquiring a few to add to my collection in the upcoming season.

I go to the homepage, and see theyre in stock. What the hay... I think I'll buy one. WHAAA 345 dollars? I know this isn't an icejerseys decision, it's purely RBK. Where's the village who lost their idiot to the NHL's marketing offices? How can they expect a sport that in some cities has to give away tickets when you buy wings at Hooters expect people to buy jerseys that are now 80USD more expensive then the number one sport in America, football?

I know that is authentic, but still! I don't know the figures, it would be interesting if the icejerseys personell knew this... what is the number 1 NHL licensed product sold? Is it the hat, t-shirt, or jersey? I just feel the league is digging their merchandising graves with this.

Sorry for the whining and moaning, it's just depressing not being able to buy what i love.

I go to the homepage, and see theyre in stock. What the hay... I think I'll buy one. WHAAA 345 dollars? I know this isn't an icejerseys decision, it's purely RBK. Where's the village who lost their idiot to the NHL's marketing offices? How can they expect a sport that in some cities has to give away tickets when you buy wings at Hooters expect people to buy jerseys that are now 80USD more expensive then the number one sport in America, football?

I know that is authentic, but still! I don't know the figures, it would be interesting if the icejerseys personell knew this... what is the number 1 NHL licensed product sold? Is it the hat, t-shirt, or jersey? I just feel the league is digging their merchandising graves with this.

Sorry for the whining and moaning, it's just depressing not being able to buy what i love.

If we could price them lower we would, but our hands are kind of tied by our costs and the limited supply. We anticipate that the new EDGE Authentic and Premier Replica Jerseys for next season, available in various teams will be more in line with the current pricing. As I mentioned in another thread, I believe it was a manufacturing/timeframe/sourcing situation that drove the costs up on the All-Star jerseys. When the whole league switches over next season, I am hearing that prices will be much more acceptable.

As for your comparison of a football authentic, to a hockey authentic, I think there is a lot more that goes into a hockey authentic jersey in terms of design, cresting, cut & sew that makes it inevitable that the price would be higher than a simple football jersey with no cresting on it.

Regarding your merchandising question, jerseys would definitely be the biggest revenue source.

good points. facts like those are usually dismissed by angry consumers, lol. to be honest after rereading my post i was kinda shocked how i sounded, lol.

as for team re-designs... im praying the flyers decide a style change. its been over 20 years!! and even todays jersey is a small difference from the pre-1984 jerseys. while ed snider has vowed the logo to never change in his lifetime they could use a fresh new jersey.

i wonder if all my old style jerseys will be worth more now!

The teams you listed are correct - the only one you are missing is San Jose. After looking into it more, I found out that TB and Washington will do full revamps, San Jose might be doing a moderate revamp, Vancouver will be going to the old stick logo as we have all heard, Ottawa will have a small to moderate design tweak, and Boston will be going back to a more classic look of their spoked B, without any significant uniform change.

San Jose that's interesting. I'd like to see what they come up with.

I found out that TB and Washington will do full revamps, San Jose might be doing a moderate revamp, Vancouver will be going to the old stick logo as we have all heard, Ottawa will have a small to moderate design tweak, and Boston will be going back to a more classic look of their spoked B, without any significant uniform change.

I love the fact that Vancouver and Boston are going back to the classic looks. I'm curious as to what Tampa comes up with and to see if Washington goes back to the red, white and blue(God I hope so!).

The teams you listed are correct - the only one you are missing is San Jose. After looking into it more, I found out that TB and Washington will do full revamps, San Jose might be doing a moderate revamp, Vancouver will be going to the old stick logo as we have all heard, Ottawa will have a small to moderate design tweak, and Boston will be going back to a more classic look of their spoked B, without any significant uniform change.

I had a feeling that Vancouver would be going back to their stick logo, since its become so popular the last few years. I like the blue-green look, its a good new/old look to the NHL since its really not been a scheme since the Whalers. I hope that Vancouver can keep that scheme going and get some good mileage out of it, they really never should've changed it.

I haven't liked how Ottawa's jersies have all three been different the last few years. Something about the red one I haven't liked at all. I was always a fan of the original black and red they came into the league with (BTW I'm thrilled to see you guys get the vintage versions!) as their road jersies.

I can't believe Vancouver will actually use the stick in rink logo as their primary. It's just so incredibly simplistic, and frankly does not contain one ounce of what makes a logo exciting and dynamic. It just lays there.

If the Capitals can use an Eagle logo, why can't the Canucks use a Beaver? It's not like it can't be done. BeaverLogo1s.gif

There's a whole world of graphic designers out there just waiting to come up with something better that a stick in a rink.

I can't believe Vancouver will actually use the stick in rink logo as their primary. It's just so incredibly simplistic, and frankly does not contain one ounce of what makes a logo exciting and dynamic. It just lays there.

If the Capitals can use an Eagle logo, why can't the Canucks use a Beaver? It's not like it can't be done. BeaverLogo1s.gif

There's a whole world of graphic designers out there just waiting to come up with something better that a stick in a rink.

I like the Canucks' stick logo - sometimes keeping it simple is better than doing too much like some teams have done in the recent past. I just read an announcement from the Wild GM or ownership (on hfboards) that the Wild are dropping their green jersey next year and using the red as their home sweater. I like that move.

Bemidji State uses that as their shoulder logo. It's not bad but I hate Bemidji since the are NU's biggest conference rival.

I agree simplistic logos are sometimes for the better. I personally find the Predator's logo as being one of the coolest looking, although a royal pain in the rear quadrant to draw. If you're looking to grab new fans in oh..say... Las Vegas or Kansas City I'd use a new edgy logo that captures people's eyes and interest. But if you're in Vancouver you've already cemented a loyal fan base rich in tradition, so you can successfully use an older traditional logo.

• 1 month later...

I like the simple designs as well. Guess I'm just a little old school :P

I feel that a lot of the changes are taking place in order to widen the American fan base. After all who are better consumers than Americans? It's a pity in one way - hockey is losing the romance I used to associate to it, but good in another - it's breathing new life into a sport that I love and it makes it more of an accepted topic of sports conversation among the general public.

I look forward to see exactly how much the improvements will affect actual play on the ice. Will the speedsters get faster? Will the 2nd Overtime in a play-off game be livelier because guys have more energy from dryer jerseys? Or is all this hype about improvement just another marketing tactic? We shall see...

I just recieved my AUTHENTIC EASTERN CONF BRIERE Jersey that I purchased, and I can tell you first hand it is unbelievable.

I wore it oto practice the other night, even though since I have had nothing but everyone kicking my Arse because I wore a 425US jersey to train in.

I got a size 50, it is perfect, great for wearing without gear and also with as the new stretch materials bend around your equipment, I absolutely love it and cant wait to get the new Sabres ones next season.

One question, will the Sabres be keepoing the slug or willit be gone, what can we expect as fans?

Regards

HULLABALOO, my first post on this forum, CHEERS from AUSTRALIA