fantasy trade advice

ferro39

would you guys trade enroth and grabner for niemi and kulemin?

im a sabres fan and im loving enroth right now, but once miller comes back, he's still only going to play once every 3 games at most

is there any kind of niemi/greiss controversey brewing that i dont know about?

would you guys trade enroth and grabner for niemi and kulemin?

im a sabres fan and im loving enroth right now, but once miller comes back, he's still only going to play once every 3 games at most

is there any kind of niemi/greiss controversey brewing that i dont know about?

I actually have both of them on my one fantasy team. Given the choice, I'd rather have Niemi. I don't see any real controversy brewing there ongoing. If anything, the controversy would be brewing in Buffalo, even without Miller getting hurt. Enroth has played lights out and Miller has been lights on (red lights to be exact... haha)... I'd take Niemi and Kulemin though... solid starting goalie, and Kulemin isn't bad either. Grabner has been nothing special.

the trade how turned into:

me trading enroth/craig smith(nash)/grabner for niemi/michalek/kulemin

• 3 weeks later...

what about this one? id be giving up briere and zetterberg for shea weber and tavares

what about this one? id be giving up briere and zetterberg for shea weber and tavares

I wouldn't do that.

Don't overvalue defensemen. Yea, Weber's a stud dman in real life, but in the case of fantasy hockey... a 50 point forward is still more valuable than a 40 point defenseman. Just because a defenseman might lead dmen in points doesn't mean he's worth more than any other player.

This of course depends on your roster sizes, and whether or not you can actually fit the guys into the lineup.

But no, that trade doesn't look good for you to me.