The Central Hockey League

ZoomZoom18

OKC-Colorado%2011-23-05-241.jpg

I nearly got a chance to see the Oklahoma City Blazers play last weekend in OKC, I was browsing their site and thought their jersies look pretty sharp. Kinda old schoolish. I am actually thinking of getting one.

With the CHL though, you can get some interesting styles and it seems like they change every year. Anyone know anything about the newer SP jersies out there? The closeups in the merchandise section make it look nice. The Mississippi Sea Wolves jersey I have isn't very good quality though.

I considered getting one of those. They have used red and tan well since they switched to those colors a few years ago. They used to wear jerseys in the mid-90s Canucks-style. As far as CentralHL jerseys go, ebay or the team's official store are the best, if not only, places to find them. I think River City has a few, also, but they're heavy into the ECHL, but on ebay, you find some that you probably never new existed. What I don't like about minor league jerseys are that they're usually overpriced and for teams I probably will never see play, I don't want to pay high dollar....and then Reebok released its NHL All-star jerseys, but that's a COMPLETELY different topic. ;)

The jersey they had in 1999-00 was pretty sharp. Red sleeves and primarily black. I also remember their Canucks style ones. Tulsa had a pretty interesting scheme too a few years ago. You can get the jersey from the team site for like $100 and get personalization added on for $104 total. I thought that was a pretty neat deal. There is still something about their old logo I miss.

• 10 months later...

New Youngstown Steelhound jersey, which I got Friday at their home opener, after 14 games on the road. They wore this, so I'm not sure if they follow the NHL (home dark), or the AHL and junior leagues (home white). The manufacturer is SP, the company that private-labeled the Bauer jerseys and had the AHL from 2000-05 plus some ECHL and CHL teams.

IMGA0166.jpg

IMGA0162-1.jpg

Youngstown started the season on a 14-game road trip, which they went 12-1-1 on. The first few games they played in practice jerseys due to these blues not being ready. The team store is selling these and their orange jerseys in the new SP versions only. The white(s) of the first two years, made by Athletic Knit, are no where to be found. Last year I saw three games and they wore 3 different jerseys, white, orange and the special "Elvis" jersey.

I've seen some CHL teams that had new jerseys every year. I've even watched some games where the team appeared like they were wearing their practice jerseys. Its definitely a fun league to watch.

This is the 'Hounds third year and they have had 2 different whites, 2 different blue, and orange and multiple special event jerseys. I would imagine that if they go to the ECHL next year, as rumored, they will have new jerseys for that.

This is the 'Hounds third year and they have had 2 different whites, 2 different blue, and orange and multiple special event jerseys. I would imagine that if they go to the ECHL next year, as rumored, they will have new jerseys for that.

How are they drawing up there? It seems every few years one of the CHL teams moves leagues. I was surprised that Cincinnati had two minor league teams for awhile, I think they Cyclones went to the ECHL and are still there.

How are they drawing up there? It seems every few years one of the CHL teams moves leagues. I was surprised that Cincinnati had two minor league teams for awhile, I think they Cyclones went to the ECHL and are still there.

Youngstown had about 4500 Friday and about 3500 Saturday. The building, which is two years old and very nice, a true oasis in the desert, seats about 6000 for hockey. Their big expense is travel, as they are the outpost of that league. That's why there is talk of a move to the ECHL.

Youngstown had about 4500 Friday and about 3500 Saturday. The building, which is two years old and very nice, a true oasis in the desert, seats about 6000 for hockey. Their big expense is travel, as they are the outpost of that league. That's why there is talk of a move to the ECHL.

Yeah, it'd make more sense, even the IHL would as well. I never understood why Indy went to the CHL as they had rivalries with Kalamazoo and Ft. Wayne that they could've kept. You got fans from those cities all the time when they were in town. I believe that if they would've went to the UHL, they'd still be in existence today. The CHL was a money killer for the Ice. Indianapolis to Albuquerque is not an easy drive...nor is it to Odessa, Lubbock, Corpus Christi. I find it interesting after going through Odessa and Lubbock that they have held onto hockey for so long. Odessa is in the middle of nowhere it seems like. I have heard they are adding a team in Rapid City, South Dakota, and heard they were putting one in Yuma, AZ. Yuma is basically on the border with Mexico and isn't very big. Heck, I was surprised Prescott Valley had a team. In all honesty, I never knew where Youngstown was.

The Rapid City Rush will begin play in 2008-09. Their colors are black, red, white and tan. Logos and pics of jerseys are in this artlcle... http://www.rcweeklynews.com/vnews/display....6/473e230940d5a

Yuma is nowhere near ready... http://www.yumasun.com/news/city_38135___a...obal_arena.html

I've been there, I can't see them supporting ANY team.

I didn't expect a team to succeed, yet alone play in Prescott Valley, but I understand the Arizona Sundogs have been somewhat successful.

The Rapid City Rush will begin play in 2008-09. Their colors are black, red, white and tan. Logos and pics of jerseys are in this artlcle... http://www.rcweeklynews.com/vnews/display....6/473e230940d5a

Yuma is nowhere near ready... http://www.yumasun.com/news/city_38135___a...obal_arena.html

I've been there, I can't see them supporting ANY team.

I didn't expect a team to succeed, yet alone play in Prescott Valley, but I understand the Arizona Sundogs have been somewhat successful.

IIRC, the CHL or WPHL tried to put a team in Tucson several years ago called the Scorch that backfired. I can't see Yuma supporting any team either, that was a quick town to get through. I'm wanting to go up to Prescott Valley for a weekend sometime, and would like to catch a Sundogs game. The CHL was nowhere near as cool as the IHL, but it was still entertaining hockey.

Tucson had the IHL Gila Monsters, they lasted a year. I got a good deal on an ugly Gila Monsters jersey a couple of years ago. I The Scorch were in the WPHL and never played a game... http://www.minorleaguenews.com/hockey/wphl...cratched03.html

I have a hat of theirs, I saw a jersey for sale on ebay once, but I didn't want to pay hundreds of dollars for anything from Tucson.

Tucson had the IHL Gila Monsters, they lasted a year. I got a good deal on an ugly Gila Monsters jersey a couple of years ago. I The Scorch were in the WPHL and never played a game... http://www.minorleaguenews.com/hockey/wphl...cratched03.html

I have a hat of theirs, I saw a jersey for sale on ebay once, but I didn't want to pay hundreds of dollars for anything from Tucson.

I always thought the nickname Scorch was really cool. The Columbia Inferno was another one I liked in the ECHL, but it'd fit out here better!

• 11 months later...
OKC-Colorado%2011-23-05-241.jpg

I nearly got a chance to see the Oklahoma City Blazers play last weekend in OKC, I was browsing their site and thought their jersies look pretty sharp. Kinda old schoolish. I am actually thinking of getting one.

With the CHL though, you can get some interesting styles and it seems like they change every year. Anyone know anything about the newer SP jersies out there? The closeups in the merchandise section make it look nice. The Mississippi Sea Wolves jersey I have isn't very good quality though.

Ugh... I hate the Blazers jerseys, not only because I'm a Thunder fan, but because they stole Ronald McDonald's clothes!

Edited by ThunderRules

Ugh... I hate the Blazers jerseys, not only because I'm a Thunder fan, but because they stole Ronald McDonald's clothes!

I have been looking at that jersey for the while. There might be too much striping but I love that old B logo.

• 6 months later...

Im really looking for this jersey because 2 of the players of last year will play at my favorite hockey team in the netherlands the nijmegen devils.

Dan mcgoff will play there and the old goalie of the bees : Boucher.

I know i can buy a replica at the website but i rather have an authentic blank or customized or game worn one.

If someone could help me with it . It will be awesome.

killerbees.jpg

Might be difficult to find an authentic, I am pretty sure that most of the CHL teams do not offer Authentics. Game worn might really be your best bet, either that or settle for the replica.

http://www.okcblazers.com/

No more Oklahoma City Blazers in the CHL. Stay tuned though, there are rumors that OKC could be the new home for the Edmonton Oilers AHL affiliate.

I was hoping to get one of their CHL jerseys, but I may have to head up north to see if I can come across one in a store or something. If the Oilers rumors are true, then I may have to make a trip up there to watch them play.