Got in a fight or close to it at a game?

DucksNPucks

Anyone ever been in a fight or close to one at a game?

Tonight at the Duck game I was sitting just below a box with my family. This guy was in the box above us and threw a few drinks and peanuts shells on my family. I didn't say anything at first, then after like the third time I told the guy to stop it. mad.gif He blamed it on his kid so then I said control your kid and SNAP! He went apes**t. He got all mad saying I don't know what it is like to have a kid and then said he was going to "beat my @$$". We stood nose to nose and I said go ahead. Then he ran to the back of the suite. This was at the end of the game. I met him in the hallway and he gave me a half @$$ apology then. WEAK! rolleyes.gif

Worst part was he wasn't even wearing a hockey jersey for any team. He must have been friend of friend that was invited to the box.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never got into a fight at a game but was sitting in the middle when two guys did start a fight...it all started with a little chirping back and forth then one guy called the other guy a ###### and bang! the guy lost it after he called him that! LOL

I had to get outta the way! Good old Hawks vs Leafs game

What an a******. I hate kids at games. They always kick your seat/etc and the parents don't do a thing about it. But you did the right thing. I love when people back down when you say "go ahead"/"what are you going to do about it".

Have I been to a fight at a game? Depends what you classify as a fight lol.

Recently, at the second Isles/NYr game, I was walking to my car alone after the game(my friends parked on the other side of the arena and I parked in between the Mariott and Coliseum, if you were ever there) and 4 ranger fan dudes and a girl were walking to the Mariott to go to the sports bar, Champions there. They were all college-aged, drunk, probably 2-3 years older than me. I was wearing my Hamonic jersey and one guy said "Hamonic, kansas city, last place Isles, blah blah". I told him "get the ###### away from me, a******" (my throat was killing me or else I would have sung a song that would have pissed him off...not appropriate for the board, but Isles fans sing it to ranger fans wearing Avery jerseys in the stands). He was walking towards me, there was absolutely no reason for it. And he puffed out his chest, opened his arms and "fell" on top of me. I sort of punch/pushed him with a left to his ribs (idiot left that area exposed. I could have punched him much harder) to get him away and off from me. I was in a foul mood. If he was alone, I probably wouldn't have held back. Nothing else happened. This was self defense. He literally was leaning on me...I wanted to get him off me.

What an a******. I hate kids at games. They always kick your seat/etc and the parents don't do a thing about it. But you did the right thing. I love when people back down when you say "go ahead"/"what are you going to do about it".

Have I been to a fight at a game? Depends what you classify as a fight lol.

Recently, at the second Isles/NYr game, I was walking to my car alone after the game(my friends parked on the other side of the arena and I parked in between the Mariott and Coliseum, if you were ever there) and 4 ranger fan dudes and a girl were walking to the Mariott to go to the sports bar, Champions there. They were all college-aged, drunk, probably 2-3 years older than me. I was wearing my Hamonic jersey and one guy said "Hamonic, kansas city, last place Isles, blah blah". I told him "get the ###### away from me, a******" (my throat was killing me or else I would have sung a song that would have pissed him off...not appropriate for the board, but Isles fans sing it to ranger fans wearing Avery jerseys in the stands). He was walking towards me, there was absolutely no reason for it. And he puffed out his chest, opened his arms and "fell" on top of me. I sort of punch/pushed him with a left to his ribs (idiot left that area exposed. I could have punched him much harder) to get him away and off from me. I was in a foul mood. If he was alone, I probably wouldn't have held back. Nothing else happened. This was self defense. He literally was leaning on me...I wanted to get him off me.

That is pretty funny! The worst part of my thing was the guy's wife and some other dude were flipping my wife, me, and my uncle off. I was like really? You throw crap on us, try to fight me and run away, and then cuss us out in front of your kid. Real mature!!

That is pretty funny! The worst part of my thing was the guy's wife and some other dude were flipping my wife, me, and my uncle off. I was like really? You throw crap on us, try to fight me and run away, and then cuss us out in front of your kid. Real mature!!

Low-lives lol. I am sure if you write a letter to the Ducks, they might be able to give you free tickets to an upcoming game/food vouchers/etc. I would have been jawing at them if they did that to me...I am real quick-witted. Its ashame how people think they are tough, but can't back up their actions.

My last couple of seasons in roller hockey, there was always this small team playing against us (they were in 9/10th grade in HS, while most of the teams were 11th and 12th graders) and they would chirp us/cry to the refs and we would always say "what are you going to do about it?" and they would skate away. Only once someone said that to me and I didn't respond. I was making fun of them and one guy didn't get it and said that to me, to which I replied "Im making fun of you, you dumbass, what are YOU going to do about it?" and then I won the faceoff against the dumbass :thumbsup:

I have been a ticket holder since 93 when they first started. I already contacted my ticket guy. He was out of the office so I will probably get a hold of him on Monday.

The guy was also yelling loudly at security that I was trying to fight him. LOL I had already told security what happened before hand. I hate when people try to turn it around on you like that.

Never been in a fight at a game, but my second hockey game was Rangers/Philly last season. There was some jackwagon in an Islanders jersey that said "NYR" sucks sitting in the row in front of us, and the Philly fat Philly fans next to us were jawing back and forth with the tool all night. Eventually the idiot and his Ranger-fan buddy get up and get in the Philly fan's faces (mind you, these Flyers fans easily had like 200lbs on the Isles fan) and they look like they're about to beat the hell out of each other.

Long story short, the Islanders fan b*tched out and disappeared. I DID however, see a fight at a Yankees/Red Sox game last season. Lots of punches thrown, the Yankee fans won and proceeded to stomp all over the Boston hat they knocked off one of the tools who started it. I think the only way I'll ever get into a fight at a game is if some tool purposely throws beer or some s*** on me. ###### up my jersey, you die :D

I was in self-defense. I know how ranger fans are lady parts and only fight when the odds are in their favor...I was worried about my well-being. :thumbsup:

There are always fights at Isles games because my boys (and girls) up in 329 are lyrical geniuses.

I myself have never been in a fight and surely don't plan to over a hockey team/game, but I was at a Penguins/Flyers game in Philly a few years ago and there was a nice brawl the section over from me.

In fact there is a video of the end of it online

There are always fights at Isles games because my boys (and girls) up in 329 are lyrical geniuses.

LOL! As much as I hate the Islanders, 329 is pretty funny. "It's a power play goal, screw you Sam Rosen" is hilarious. I hate that guy, why the hell isn't Trautwig doing games this year?

I wanna go to a Rangers/Islanders game at the Coliseum, but I'd never go by myself and I'd never sit in the 300's unless I had an entire army with me....or at least a few really fat people.

Most of the time, there are rarely fights if you aren't that big of a doucher. I shook hands with the ranger fans sitting next to me at the Coli after games, sitting in the 300s.

I low-fived a Flyers fan at the Garden last season after they beat us, but only because I was raggin on her all night and she took it like a champ....and because she was hot.

Never been in an actual fight but had a small disagreement at a bar after I went to a road game. Guy was busting on my wife at the game and afterward at the bar. I followed him into the mens room and told him if he kept it up I'd stab him in the lung and watch him drown in his own blood.

Solved that problem. He went home. I had another beer.

Funny, I was at the Ducks game yesterday too. I couldn't believe the two idiot Duck fans in front of me or behind me. Were you on the first level on the Ducks' side? We saw some commotion over there, but didn't know what happened (we were on the Hawks side).

The older guy and his son in front were screaming up a storm at every call. The dad got so angry in the third he punched the glass and presumably broke something (was rubbing his hand the rest of the game). With 2 minutes left they got up to leave, I politely said there's still time to which the dad told me to f**k off and the son flicked me off. They then asked if we were from Chicago (I originally am) to which I responded yes and he suggested I get the f**k out of their city.

The four guys behind me couldn't have been much older than 21 (I'm 31) and were in the Army. All they talked about was fights, one of them kept talking about killing his brother for talking trash (and how he could do it because he has a knife and a gun). When they gave a shout out to the Navy personnel that were in the audience these guys kept knocking them because they 'weren't on the ground' and 'don't do s**t' followed by how it was illegal to wear a uniform to get attention and that if they were wearing their Army gear everyone would be bowing down and giving mad props to them.

1) There's no way either of these groups could have been from OC, 2) they are a horrible representation of Ducks fans and 3) it makes me sad that these idiots are the ones defending our country.

Was also lucky enough to have an angry Ducks fan spill most of his drink on my white Chelios ultrafil jersey. Thankfully it all came out in the wash, but I almost flipped out. Hopefully we're not surrounded by moronic Kings fans at the Hawks game tonight. Will be 4 rows off the glass so it's very possible.

mdwsta4,

I sit in section 311 on the middle level on the Ducks side. I am in the corner to your left from where you were sitting. My whole thing went down at the end of the game. I was just trying to leave and this guy gets my face. I don't even think he was a hockey fan. No one in the suite was wearing any hockey attire. I think it was a company deal where they invite their employees.

Sorry to hear about your BS. I have been going to Duck games since 93 and never had a real problem until last night. People can't control their alcohol. I can't speak for the fans around you, but most Duck fans are pretty mellow. They probably just drank too much.

Good luck at the Kings game tonight. I went there for a playoff game against Detroit and got peanuts, hot dog wraps, ice cubes, popcorn, and drinks thrown at me. I was with two friends who are Detroit fans. I wasn't wearing anything for either side. I just wanted to see a good game. The funny thing was all the stuff thrown at us was BEFORE the game! LOL

Thanks. I'm pretty used to it at this point. Being a Chicago sports fan and traveling around the country to watch my teams play, I'm always getting heckled. It's the worst at Dodger games when the Cubs are in town. Whenever any Chicago team is in SoCal I try to go to the game. It's great being able to see them play in person without having to fly back to Chicago.

I swear there was WAY more red at the game yesterday than there was orange. Pretty unbelievable really. But I agree with your comment about 'most' Ducks fans. The people to our right and left were very nice like most fans are. It's usually the drunk people or people that aren't really fans that get unruly.

From my point of view, the area around the Hawks net was all red. There was a ton of you guys there. The second level was mostly Duck fans.

What an a******. I hate kids at games. They always kick your seat/etc and the parents don't do a thing about it.

I took my boys to a hockey game last season and they were the most behaved little guys you will ever see. It was their 1st game and they acted better than most adults at the game. I'm going to have to take them to more games. They didn't kick or do anything out of the ordinary except one of them would go crazy after each goal cheering, then again so did everyone including me :D . The guys who go for smoke breaks, debbie downers, and the people who are too fat annoy me. Get smokeless cigarettes, keep it positive, and get tickets for the edge seats.

I took my boys to a hockey game last season and they were the most behaved little guys you will ever see. It was their 1st game and they acted better than most adults at the game. I'm going to have to take them to more games. They didn't kick or do anything out of the ordinary except one of them would go crazy after each goal cheering, then again so did everyone including me :D . The guys who go for smoke breaks, debbie downers, and the people who are too fat annoy me. Get smokeless cigarettes, keep it positive, and get tickets for the edge seats.

I actually really respect that. Its not often you see good parenting. On LI, kids do whatever they want and have no regard for what their parents say.

I went to 5 games this season (was in the last row of the section 2x, so that doesnt count) and 2 of the 5 I had a kid behind me constantly kick my seat throughout the game. I feel weird telling them to stop because I know they won't listen and the parent will not tell them to stop.

Am I the only one that gets pissed when someone (doesn't even have to be a kid) kicks their seat?

I actually really respect that. Its not often you see good parenting. On LI, kids do whatever they want and have no regard for what their parents say.

I went to 5 games this season (was in the last row of the section 2x, so that doesnt count) and 2 of the 5 I had a kid behind me constantly kick my seat throughout the game. I feel weird telling them to stop because I know they won't listen and the parent will not tell them to stop.

Am I the only one that gets pissed when someone (doesn't even have to be a kid) kicks their seat?

I personally have no problem turning to the parent and telling him/her to control their F(&^*** child. I'm not paying 60 bucks for a hockey ticket so I can have someone's spoiled kid kicking me in the back all night while mommy sits there and watches. That's not just at hockey games though, that's everywhere. I can't stand when I'm on the train and some fool with her 6 kids gets on, sits down next to me and they all start climbing all over the place and jumping over the seats while I'm sitting in one of them, and the parent doesn't say a word to them. People think having kids is an entitlement and it's everyone else's job to keep track of what their children are doing.

Control your kids or don't have them. It's not my responsibility to watch your children and the back of my chair is not a toy.

Exactly! I normally turn around and give a dirty look (and don't say anything) because the parent simply does not care what their child does and then I look like the bad guy "not letting the kid live".

Exactly! I normally turn around and give a dirty look (and don't say anything) because the parent simply does not care what their child does and then I look like the bad guy "not letting the kid live".

I felt the same way but after the third thrown drink I heard the guy above me say "He is a 2 year old what am I supposed to do?" I was like this has happened multiple times make them stop. And he was like "it's water your wife will get over it." There was no point then so I just ignored him the rest of the game.

I felt the same way but after the third thrown drink I heard the guy above me say "He is a 2 year old what am I supposed to do?" I was like this has happened multiple times make them stop. And he was like "it's water your wife will get over it." There was no point then so I just ignored him the rest of the game.

Exactly! Its not worth potentially getting arrested. If they aren't going to do anything about it, you just have to ignore it. Sometimes, its like talking to a brick wall with these people (and if this is the case, I'd rather talk to the wall because it will lead to a better conversation).

wasnt in a fight, but i gave up my rangers seasons because i had a couple of d1ckwads scream in my ear for the better part of the game (because i was in a sabres jersey). they were close enough to my ears that i could feel their breath on the back of my neck; that and the homophobic slurs, which i have little tolerance for. at one point, we stood up, turned around and asked them if they wanted to do something about it (we were smart enough to know that we couldnt throw the first punch). of course they looked away and started right back up when we sat down again

a shirt time later, my hand started twitching and i felt myself losing control of my inner chi, so i went down to tell an usher (while i walked down the stairs, i had other fans in the section cursing at me). he shrugged and said flat out, "what do you want me to do?"

that was 2008 and i havent been back to a game there since. i filed a formal complaint with the garden and they gave me some lame excuse that there is "only so much they can do," which apparently was nothing at all. ironically enough, they keep calling me to buy another package after i wrote them a letter explaining that i would rather go for prostate checks 41x a year than sit through another game with their savage fans.

earlier that season versus the bruins, some idiot behind me started throwing popcorn at a father and his son (who was maybe 5) because they were in b's jerseys. when the father asked him to stop, the guy flipped out and challenged the dad to a fight.

during the playoffs the season before versus buffalo, some idiot shoved me on the concourse. when i composed myself, an usher jumped between us. i doubt the guy was kicked out either...at a different game in that series, another guy screamed at me all afternoon to the point where other rangers fans were telling him to shut up. it was so bad that the following game, 3-4 fans recognized me outside of the gates and apologized on behalf of the tool bag

i saw a straight brawl at game 3 of the isles/sabres series before that (the infamous rangers suck c*ck during the VT moment of silence game). people were rolling down rows of seats in the 300 level at the coliseum. there had to have been like 20 security guards up there