Are these real?

ShipWreck

Just seeing - with all the ###### counterfeit jersey websites out now, sometimes it hard to tell...

Does these look like the real deal?

http://www.officialcanucksstore.com/kevin-bieksa-jersey-c-5_8.html

Prices seem rather low... So, I was wondering... (despite the URL name, maybe its not the real deal)

Nope, those are fake. Most of the pics are not using pictures of the actual jersey, but others are like this....

My link

Ok, thanks.

Do you know anything about the website: www.coolhockey.com ?

They are having a sale on customizing...

Vancouver Jersey - Bieska

I could get a Bieska jersey made for about $140 there...

Coolhockey.com is legit, just like Icejerseys.com

Ok, thanks :)

I assume they do good work?

Their current sale is about $20 cheaper than Icejerseys

Rocky Mountain Sports sells legitimate premier jerseys. :thumbsup:

I went with cool hockey - I found an old free shipping coupon that still actually worked - with their sale... a customized Vancouver jersey (Bieska) for $138. Wow.

Just seeing - with all the ###### counterfeit jersey websites out now, sometimes it hard to tell...

Does these look like the real deal?

http://www.officialcanucksstore.com/kevin-bieksa-jersey-c-5_8.html

Prices seem rather low... So, I was wondering... (despite the URL name, maybe its not the real deal)

Checked the domain whois of that site. Big surprise its registered out of China.

Pretty legit looking site otherwise.

I find it kind of funny that the original site lists both authentics and replicas on their site.

Id hate to see the quality of a fake replica :thumbsup:

Looking at Coolhockey's website, it looks like they use twill nameplates as opposed to jersey material. Might want to verify that

I know zero about the difference. What is twill nameplates?

I find it kind of funny that the original site lists both authentics and replicas on their site.

Id hate to see the quality of a fake replica :thumbsup:

Yes, I found that strange too. The price really tipped me to being fakes. But, they made their website seem more official than some of the obvious fake websites...

I know zero about the difference. What is twill nameplates?

Twill is what you will get when your Jagr jersey comes from the skatezone. The Flyers are the only team in the league to use twill nameplates. Twill is basically the same material as the numbers. Jersey material is as it states, what the jersey is actually made of and what every other team besides the Flyers use.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the detailed info :) . I'm fine with that, then (the Jagr Jersey comes in on Tues - I'd have it already if it wasn't for slow UPS). That doesn't matter to me. But, I guess it does matter to others?

This is the description at Cool Hockey:

customizationy.jpg

Unless you buy a Canucks jersey for one of the Sedin twins or Kessler, ya basically have to get one customized

My brother got a jersey customized at Cool Hockey. They used a twill nameplate, where a nameplate shouldn't have been used at all. The numbers were layered, instead of kiss-cut, as they are on-ice, and the layers on the back number were stitched off-center. Not impressed with their "on-ice customization."

It's very difficult to have kiss-cut numbers done. That takes a laser cutter which is VERY expensive. Most places will only do the stacked because, as far as anyone else knows, sewn-on twill numbers IS on-ice customization. It's a lot simpler to cut too.

It's very difficult to have kiss-cut numbers done. That takes a laser cutter which is VERY expensive. Most places will only do the stacked because, as far as anyone else knows, sewn-on twill numbers IS on-ice customization. It's a lot simpler to cut too.

I'm sure you're absolutely correct about the difficulty/expense of producing kiss-cut numbers. I may be mistaken here, but I've never gotten the impression that this was anything out of the ordinary with most of the major customizers routinely mentioned in this forum. For example, the last 3 companies I've dealt with, EPS, Monkey Sports and Stitches NJ, all do kiss-cut (if it's called for on-ice) whether you ask for it or not.

LAK47, that was my feeling too (which is why I asked that question). The Isles new thirds have kiss cut lettering/numbering and I can't imagine the Wang $spending any more on cu$tomization than what is necessary.

Hell, even Dangle kiss-cuts

Even after a customizer absorbs the cost of laser cutting equipment, they don't seem to charge customers any more for kiss-cut kits than stacked ones, at least as far as I've seen. So I doubt the Isles would be out any extra money for their 3rds! :stickhndl: