My meager collection so far

ShipWreck

Have something new to collect :0

Just got my Jagr jersey in today. Now I have 2 nice Flyers jerseys...

jagr400.jpg

And one of the "black ice" Flyers jersey:

blackgiroux400.jpg

And, then I have two other ones that I got. Not the same "level" - but they were like 1/2 price (normally $79 - and they are "official"), so I got them for $30 each. The #'s aren't sewn on, like the first two. But still, pretty decent :)

Another Flyers Giroux jersey:

girouxwhite400.jpg

And a Vancouver Luongo jersey

luongo400.jpg

After being here a bit, you will not want to be getting any of the screened numbers on your jerseys! I was the same before when I was trying to find rarer jerseys but have since sold them all because I couldn't stand them compared to the sewn ones and especially compared to the authentics and game worns. At the same time, I don't think it matters whether or not you get authentics, replicas or even alternate styles like the two Giroux's you have as long as you like them because it's your collection and you decide what goes into it.

It's a small collection now but once you get into it more and can save some money you will be able to get more of what you like.

I wouldn't call it meager either, as most people who are hockey fans probably don't have more than 1 jersey. I think "humble" is a much nicer word. Most of us have humble collections compared to some of the people on this board, that's for sure.

As well, I am finding that black ice jersey you have surprisingly nice considering all the flack it got when it came out. Can you post a picture of the front of it?

Welcome to the board and welcome to the hobby!

Appreciate it.

Yes, as I have been here, I have discovered the appeal of the sewn numbers. The black ice jersy is actually sewn. I was surprised after finding out the disdain of the NHL store. But yes, the other 2 were screened. However, I bought them at the end of last season, and they were only like $30 each. They were on closeout. They aren't quite up to the level of the "real" replicas, so I'm not really sure what "level" jersey to call them. But, they are 1 step above just having a t-shirt :)

I do have a Bieska Vancouver Jersey coming - I ordered it Sunday from Cool Hockey.com. So, I'll have one more soon (which will also be sewn).

As for the black ice jersey - yes. I'll take a photo tonight of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had been hoping... And, it seems that they are actually selling a black ice Jagr jersey. It was not there just 2 days ago. Someone on the Flyers Forum told me it was there. Just ordered one with a 20% email link I had from the NHL store...

And, I should have my Bieksa in hand this week :)

Plus, my orange Giroux jersey came in - but the tags are staying on it, as I plan to get it signed by him at the carnival in February...

So man, my collection grows... 7 total by the end of this week :)