2009 All-Star Game

DesertRat

...was awarded to Montreal in honor of the franchise's 100th year. Wolf should be happy about that and Mach9 will have another reason to visit Montreal.

My scorecard, in technicolor, for future sites has:

2008 - Atlanta (make up for canceled 2005 game, game date 1/16/08)

2009 - Montreal (that's official)

2010 - Vancouver / Olympics

2011 - Glendale (make up for canceled 2006 game - unofficial, but Bettman has promised that Glendale will get one and 2011 is the next available year)

...was awarded to Montreal in honor of the franchise's 100th year. Wolf should be happy about that and Mach9 will have another reason to visit Montreal.

My scorecard, in technicolor, for future sites has:

2008 - Atlanta (make up for canceled 2005 game, game date 1/16/08)

2009 - Montreal (that's official)

2010 - Vancouver / Olympics

2011 - Glendale (make up for canceled 2006 game - unofficial, but Bettman has promised that Glendale will get one and 2011 is the next available year)

That is if there still is a team in Phoenix by then :stickhndl:

As much as I love the fact that the ASG travels around so that the most fans possible have an opportunity to experience the all-star festivities that surround it I've often toyed arond with the notion that the team who wins the cup each year should host the ASG the following winter. There was also a brief period where I thought that Montreal should host the ASG every year, simply because I will always view Montreal as the hockey capital of the world, even if numerous other cities are able to make a claim for that title over the years.

As much as I love the fact that the ASG travels around so that the most fans possible have an opportunity to experience the all-star festivities that surround it I've often toyed arond with the notion that the team who wins the cup each year should host the ASG the following winter. There was also a brief period where I thought that Montreal should host the ASG every year, simply because I will always view Montreal as the hockey capital of the world, even if numerous other cities are able to make a claim for that title over the years.

Didn't the All-Star Game pit the defending champ against a team of all-stars from the other five teams back in the day? All Star week/weekend is a heck of a party and the more cities and fans that get to experience it, the better. I wish I would have planned to go to Dallas this year. Atlanta next year, hmmm...

Didn't the All-Star Game pit the defending champ against a team of all-stars from the other five teams back in the day? All Star week/weekend is a heck of a party and the more cities and fans that get to experience it, the better. I wish I would have planned to go to Dallas this year. Atlanta next year, hmmm...

I agree. I'd love to get to one of the future ASG celebrations and I wouldn't ever really want to keep the ASG in one place. I still might enjoy seeing it played in the city that won the cup the previous year, but when you have teams like the Wings of the 90's you end up with too many games in Detroit.