Jersey customization companies - experiences

bop

Dont trust coolhockey.com; I sent them two jerseys, they sewn numbers and nameplates falsely. Coolhockey argued, that jerseys were falsely sewn and numbers and nameplates are OK. Jerseys, which I bought directly from Meigray and which were supposed to be game worn jerseys. Of course, jerseys are OK, I measured them few times to be sure. From May 24th i didnt get any funded answer why and how they want to solve situation. I am writing emails almost every week, but no answer. I sent them detailed photos, very detailed description but they dont care about it. Excellent customer care and communication ! Dont deal with them !

I used to use Paul at HJO through ebay. He does great work as far as I am concerned. However...we are not normal fans. So Brilliant on these forums is the guy I contact for answers and he knows his craft well. If he cannot help...then he will recommend someone who may be able to. I trusted way to many people in the beginning of my hockey jersey collection. And it shows that my trust was misplaced so often with crap work. Hope that helps. Your money is spent and when they say custom that means no refund no matter what. Buyer beware. Always ask to see ones work. Where your jerseys from Meigray Blank?

I dont know if this counts as a good story, but i got a Rangers third from them last spring and I didn't have much trouble with their customer service, although admittedly I never should have had to deal with them. I'm not an expert on Rangers customization so I can't speak to that though.

I got the jersey delivered but UPS wanted like $200 in customs fees and whatever (it was a replica bought on sale, so the jersey wasnt even worth that much), so I refused the deluvery and emailed CoolHockey. They said they'd take care of it, so back it went for them to reship it, but I guess somewhere it got lost along the way. I kept emailing them every couple days, just to keep on the case, and I ended up getting an authentic jersey in place of the original one I ordered. It took forever, but they always answered my emails (I think the person I dealt with was named Richard) and he made sure they fixed the problems. Like I said, should never have happened, but they did get it fixed for me.

I have dealt with CoolHockey before too. I had a problem in that they forgot to send me an additional number kit I ordered. HOWEVER, the customer service was excellent and it was rushed to me in a few days. I was talking with Richard as well. I wouldn't have a problem doing business with them again.

Hey guys,

I wanted to join in here and throw in my 2 cents...

I have over 100 AUTHENTIC Chicago Blackhawk jerseys...as well as NHL All Star jerseys-all with Blackhawk players through the years....

I have been using Triple Threat Sports since they opened....and I will use no other...

The owner of Triple Threat used to be the manager of City Sports-who did the Blackhawks on ice jerseys....he took his knowledge and opened up his own business and in my opinion is the best around....

They are located in Mokena IL.....and online also......

They have an extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff....they do a quick turn around....very reasonable and competitive prices....

Look them up and give them a try.....if you have any question-shoot me a message and I will try and help out....

Happy Holidays

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have over 100 AUTHENTIC Chicago Blackhawk jerseys...as well as NHL All Star jerseys-all with Blackhawk players through the years....

I have been using Triple Threat Sports since they opened....and I will use no other...

The owner of Triple Threat used to be the manager of City Sports-who did the Blackhawks on ice jerseys....he took his knowledge and opened up his own business and in my opinion is the best around....

They have an extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff....they do a quick turn around....very reasonable and competitive prices....

Look them up and give them a try.....if you have any question-shoot me a message and I will try and help out....

Happy Holidays

Agreed, they do great work and Chris always makes sure you're satisfied with the result. If they can't do something they also let you know. Great company, I'm glad they are local to me.

I'd figure this would be the place to ask this. I'm looking for two Rangers wordmarks and would any place be able to make them or would I have to go to a specific place (sorry if this seems like a stupid question)?

I'd figure this would be the place to ask this. I'm looking for two Rangers wordmarks and would any place be able to make them or would I have to go to a specific place (sorry if this seems like a stupid question)?

I got my "SUCK" (for the NYR jersey) from Dangle Sports. I wouldnt recommend going that route though

• 11 months later...

old topic I know....but have a few jerseys I want to get done any recommendations?

Best to say what teams you have to be customized as different companies are better at certain teams than others, in some cases you can send your jerseys to the place that does the customisation for the actual teams jerseys.

Hey guys,

Happy Holidays

I'll never deal with TTS again. They kept me waiting 9 months on a twill order twice and they still owe me a few nameplates but I don't give a s**t about them anymore.

+1 Go with specific lettering companies.

Monkey Sports does the Anaheim Ducks jerseys. But I sure don't want them near my Bruins jerseys.

Cutting Edge sports used to do Nashville's jerseys, but since they changed lettering style, they've also changed lettering companies. Same with Tampa Bay.

It depends by team, jersey style, and year. The NHL gives letterers a generic font-set to use, but specific places have their own style. If the font is simple enough and it is all twill, then you might be OK going with whichever place. But if the font is very complex/unique, or the lettering has to do with dye sublimation and the like, don't even bother with anyone but the team letterer.