Realignment today?

nogoal99

Bob McKenzie from TSN just tweeted that he thinks it will be announced today. I've seen some pretty interesting line ups, including the one from our own JeffB on TSG. Another one with the 'ning and panthers joining the north east division. This group has proved to not want a lot of change as clutch and grab hockey has drifted back in to favor after the few years of post lockout speed skating. Anyways...what do you guys think? Plus if it gets announced today we can discuss it here too.

I am scared shitless the Isles will be in a division with the: Penguins, Flyers, Rangers, Devils, and Captials. I do not mind Carolina too much. If the top-4 teams make the playoffs, I will never see another Isles playoff game in my life.

IMO the league HAS to put the Penguins, Capitals, and Flyers in the same division. Otherwise, its tv ratings might drop. All I really care is that the Penguins and Flyers are in the same division. Whether the Red Wings, Blue Jackets or Predators move to the East, I could care LESS. Just my two cents.

Oh man, I would LOVE an Original Six division. That kinda leaves the rest of the league out in the dark though, huh?

Ehh not really. Im sure the Pens/Flyers/Crapitals love fest will continue

What I mean is that it creates an odd scenario as to the number of teams remaining for a four-division league. You almost have to go back to a 24-team league for it to work evenly.

wow i just edited my entire post Apparently it is being reported by multiple sources 4 conferences no more divisions with 2 conferences of 7 and 2 of 8 teams.

here is what they will look like :

Division 1: #Bruins, #Canadiens, #Lightning, #MapleLeafs, #Panthers, #Sabres, #Senators

Division 2: #Capitals, #Devils, #Hurricanes, #Rangers, #Islanders, #Flyers, #Penguins.

Division 3: #Canucks, #Coyotes, #Ducks, #Kings, #Sharks, #Oilers, #Flames, #Avalanche.

Division 4: #Blackhawks, #Blues, #BlueJackets, #Jets, #Predators, #Stars, #RedWings, #Wild.

Top four of each "conference" make the playoffs (no idea why there are 4 conferences and not 4 divisions)

this is all pretty much confirmed

###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ###### ######

I think it would have made more sense to add TB and Fla to the Division 2 and move Pit and Philly to Division 1.

I guess I will never be shelling out money for playoff tickets :( Jersey fund!!!!

This post was 1940. Just to let y'all know :thumbsup:

Then again, the Isles were the last team to win the Patrick Division :thumbsup:

Edit: ######. This was post 1941. I wanted to stop posting with this account at 1940 and open a new account :(.

also more news each team will play each team in their division 5-6 times depending if they are in the 7 or 8 team conference and each team will play everyone at least 2 times .

This basically assures that, short of a monster season by the Devils, the Rangers will make the playoffs every year. I still don't like it. What does having four "conferences" do? Does that mean no more east/west?

Idk Dropkick, don't get too cocky. Once the Isles eliminate the s*** from the crap in the lineup, they can take the rangers (I honestly hope).

The Isles are legit top-6 F and top-4 D from competing for a playoff spot. Montoya can carry the team.

Unfortunately, with Wang as owner, the Isles will likely stay towards the cap floor and rely on impossible to reach rookie bonuses to push them over the cap. The Isles have some shiny prospects (Lee, Nelson, Strome, Cizikas, Ullstrom, Kabanov, de Haan, Donovan, Ness) that could be used as trade bait.

I like it and think it will make for some cool rivalry playoff games in the 1st 2 rounds.

Also, I think it will make brackets easier to build and encourage betting which I think helps gain new fans to the sport.

Or maybe I'm just thinking out my poop shoot...

Ya think they'll come up with cool division names like the old days or just go with something boring like East / West ect??

wow i just edited my entire post Apparently it is being reported by multiple sources 4 conferences no more divisions with 2 conferences of 7 and 2 of 8 teams.

here is what they will look like :

Division 1: #Bruins, #Canadiens, #Lightning, #MapleLeafs, #Panthers, #Sabres, #Senators

Division 2: #Capitals, #Devils, #Hurricanes, #Rangers, #Islanders, #Flyers, #Penguins.

Division 3: #Canucks, #Coyotes, #Ducks, #Kings, #Sharks, #Oilers, #Flames, #Avalanche.

Division 4: #Blackhawks, #Blues, #BlueJackets, #Jets, #Predators, #Stars, #RedWings, #Wild.

Top four of each "conference" make the playoffs (no idea why there are 4 conferences and not 4 divisions)

this is all pretty much confirmed

I think this is a pretty fair layout for all teams, minus Tampa and Florida. But it's not like hockey should be there anyway... :lol:

So mu question is, what the heck is the NHL going to do for the all-star game? Have a big "free-for-all" where 4 teams play each other at once? :doh:

That aside, I am not a big fan of "4 conferences". I think there should be 2 conferences, but make 2 divisions in each. Get rid of geography and go back to Wales and Campbell like the good OLD days. :D

:o

my thoughts:

* New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Washington, Boston and Buffalo

* Minnesota, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg , Detroit, Chicago,

* Columbus, Nashville, St. Louis, Dallas, Carolina, Florida and Tampa Bay

* Los Angeles, Anaheim, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado

just my 2 cents...

:(

:o

my thoughts:

* New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Washington, Boston and Buffalo

* Minnesota, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg , Detroit, Chicago,

* Columbus, Nashville, St. Louis, Dallas, Carolina, Florida and Tampa Bay

* Los Angeles, Anaheim, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado

just my 2 cents...

:(

Uh no!

How can Montreal be in a division with minesota and Winnipeg???? That right there's makes no sense either in geography or hockey!

I truly think the NHL got it right this time.