No Capitals "Authentic" Alternate jerseys for Sale

HawksFanInDC

I know everyone hates the new "authentic" edge jerseys that replicate authentic jerseys. I have been periodically looking on the Caps site and they only have the premier alternates listed. I called the team store at Kettler today and he guy said he does not anticipate getting edges.

Has anybody heard anything different? Seems very odd considering how popular they were last year that they would not have "authentics."

Random last question, the Capitals still have a photo of the vector and say made in Canada on their edge jersey description; but then it says replicates on ice and is priced at $250. I checked the Hawks and a few other teams and it wsa the same. Am I safe in assuming all teams (minus the Jets) have the Indo Edge available from the NHL shop now and not old stock?

Not sure what size you are looking for but JerseyExpress sells both old 1.0 and new Indo-Edge (new ones have 2012 in the item name) and they have a few in stock

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/washington-capitals-jerseys

I wouldn't trust NHL.com to have anything but Indo...

Was in the team shop at Kettler yesterday:

- They had a small run of the indo-EDGE jerseys, only in the home red style. No customization. $250

- They probably had close to as many 1.0s in both home, away and Winter Classic. Only WC sizes they had were 52. I think those were $210.

- Ton of replicas and Vintage CCM replicas.

Was in the team shop at Kettler yesterday:

- They had a small run of the indo-EDGE jerseys, only in the home red style. No customization. $250

- They probably had close to as many 1.0s in both home, away and Winter Classic. Only WC sizes they had were 52. I think those were $210.

- Ton of replicas and Vintage CCM replicas.

Their Home/Away 1.0's are still priced at $300.

Their Home/Away 1.0's are still priced at $300.

Thanks guys, got the alternate from jersey express. Sure it will be the Indo-Edge, but after buying a game worn from the Locomotiv game in Pittsburgh do not have the money to drop on a gamer alternate.

I looked at the indo when I was at a Hawks game last month, and while not as nice as the 1.0s and especially the 2.0s, I did not think it was as terrible as some folks do. At the same time I do not get totally hung up on if it exactly matches; after all the authentics we buy for the NFL are very different than the game cut jerseys.

I dont think jersey express actually has those in stock, let us know what happens.

I wondered about that too. Where they are selling the 1.0's, the drop-down shows all sizes available. It's hard to believe that they can actually get their hands on them.

They are not tough to find, I saw some 2.0s listed that looked maybe legit but I doubt it, guy seemed to have too many (also had Blackhawks) but the price was not suspiciously high or low (like $220-$290 depending on various factors).

Meigray had a lot of Caps 1.0 blanks at one point and I bet they pop up again. I have one of those left, it's a 58, obviously fits smaller. Let me know if you want that, it's the white road jersey.

I'm kind of surprised you are encountering such difficulty, maybe just a dry spell but it seemed like last season there were tons floating around, mostly the 1.0s.

Edited by ConcreteCharlie

They are not tough to find, I saw some 2.0s listed that looked maybe legit but I am not sure, guy seemed to have too many (also had Blackhawks) but the price was not suspiciously high or low (like $220-$290 depending on various factors).

Meigray had a lot of Caps 1.0 blanks at one point and I bet they pop up again. I have one of those left, it's a 58, obviously fits smaller. Let me know if you want that, it's the white road jersey.

I'm kind of surprised you are encountering such difficulty, maybe just a dry spell but it seemed like last season there were tons floating around, mostly the 1.0s.

I am talking about the alternate third jersey, which is based off of the Winter Classic, and new this year.

1324601592[/url]' post='77812']

They are not tough to find, I saw some 2.0s listed that looked maybe legit but I am not sure, guy seemed to have too many (also had Blackhawks) but the price was not suspiciously high or low (like $220-$290)

Who had Blackhawks 2.0's listed? (link, please)

Ahhh, sorry, misread. Well there seemed to be a rash of the actual Winter Classic ones, which you could likely strip the patch from if you felt so inclined. I havent seen too many of the thirds but give it some time, I also haven't seen a ton of Edmonton road jerseys, Preds new style, etc, all brand new. Just don't cave and buy Indo edge!!!!

Who had Blackhawks 2.0's listed? (link, please)

As I said, I am skeptical but:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rbk-EDGE-2-0-7231-Chicago-Blackhawks-Home-Red-Jersey-56-/330639406595?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cfba4f603#ht_1562wt_1037

Edited by ConcreteCharlie

you can always have the patch and vector logo stripped. $142 is a good deal though.

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-memorabilia/washington-capitals-2011-winter-classic-jersey-reebok-edge-white-authentic-52

Thought I would let you all know I just got the Capitals alternate authentic I ordered from Jersey Express. It is the indo-edge. The Capitals crest and all stars are sewn. The Reebok word tag on the back neckline is heat pressed, Overall the sleeves are a little shorter than my Edge 1.0 size 52s, which I like.

On the way to EPS.