Strange stuff maybe a flyers fan can explain it to me

sungod661

So as i mentioned i received the 1987 canada cup box set as a gift, a truly amazing gift comes with the 1987 program in pdf form, all the games , don koharski commentary and a couple of documentaries on the tournament.

So i am watching the final game trying to photomatch to get a front photomatch i have a back one already on one of my jerseys and they pan to the bench where i see the back up Goalie (which should have been Patrick Roy but Kennan is a homer and kept his boy) Ron Hextal. This was not a unfamiliar spot for Ron Hextall he was there for 9 games of the tournament watching Grant Fuhr do his thing. What got my attention is Ron Hextall is wearing a Canadiens Turtleneck in full uniform and the Turtleneck clearly has the canadiens logo showing in full effect.

Now i found this odd because The only Canadiens player on the 87 team was Claude emieux and Ron and pepe didn't get along so i don't think Pepe gave it to him. I later figured out that it must have been the late Eddie Palchak who gave him the turtleneck, He was the long time trainer for the tabs and was also the trainer for Canada Cup 1987.

I just found it odd that in a major tournament a guy like hex tall would wear another teams logo to the championship game......i guess even he was a tabs fan :)

So as i mentioned i received the 1987 canada cup box set as a gift, a truly amazing gift comes with the 1987 program in pdf form, all the games , don koharski commentary and a couple of documentaries on the tournament.

So i am watching the final game trying to photomatch to get a front photomatch i have a back one already on one of my jerseys and they pan to the bench where i see the back up Goalie (which should have been Patrick Roy but Kennan is a homer and kept his boy) Ron Hextal. This was not a unfamiliar spot for Ron Hextall he was there for 9 games of the tournament watching Grant Fuhr do his thing. What got my attention is Ron Hextall is wearing a Canadiens Turtleneck in full uniform and the Turtleneck clearly has the canadiens logo showing in full effect.

Now i found this odd because The only Canadiens player on the 87 team was Claude emieux and Ron and pepe didn't get along so i don't think Pepe gave it to him. I later figured out that it must have been the late Eddie Palchak who gave him the turtleneck, He was the long time trainer for the tabs and was also the trainer for Canada Cup 1987.

I just found it odd that in a major tournament a guy like hex tall would wear another teams logo to the championship game......i guess even he was a tabs fan :)

Maybe his way of making amends with Chris Chelios.....

Or maybe he was hoping someone would notice and ###### him off :)

EDIT: Oops, that was in '89.....maybe a precursor.....either way....I doubt he was a Habs fan :)