2012 AHL All Star Jerseys

wooten

I haven't seen them officially announced, but these images were on the roster annoucement:

12east.jpg12west.jpg

I assume these are it? If so, what a disappointment from last year's jerseys:

11eastern.jpg11western.jpg

Anyone know more?

I hated last years sick brown color. Was that Hershey Bear brown?

And why is the AHL All-Star game in Atlantic City? There's not even a team there.

It's a dark brown. The Western jerseys were a little nicer, just because I liked the red star and how it popped out. I guess I just prefer an old school look.

5974999388_c9cd74641c.jpg

It will be interesting to see the attendance figures. Can you convince a bunch of locals to attend an All-Star Game for a league with no local rooting interest?

Sure it's AC with multiple nearby NHL teams but would you go to a Triple A baseball ASG if it was near your MLB team?

Most people don't care about minor league games in any sport.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there! can't wait. Has anybody every been there before? anything game worn for sale? I don't know how much money to bring. haha

Most people don't care about minor league games in any sport.

I went to an Atlantic League (Independent) baseball ASG in AC and the thing sold out...there was one on LI last season and it sold out (I bought tickets, but it was during a heat wave and it was 100 degrees so I passed on going). Minor league can draw if it is in the right spot. I went to many minor league baseball games in AC and it was empty. I'd walk up 5 minutes before the game and get 1st row seats on the dugout for $10. I used to count the attendance (usually about 10 per section). However, on LI, they sell out every game (5,800 I think) and its next to impossible to get 2 tickets that are next to each other in the 100s section between the mid-outfield to mid-out field.

Boardwalk Hall is a great place to watch hockey. I saw the Albany Devils against Hershey last year and about 7 Bullies games.

Strange that the game is a week away and no authentic or replicas are available at the AHL store or elsewhere. Shoot, I've still not even seen an announcement on the jersey...just those pics from the roster sheet.

• 3 weeks later...

Received this reply from AHLStore.com

Hi John,

Thank you for your email. Note that we may have a few Pro jerseys for sale

soon and I will keep you posted if that is the case. The merchandiser in

Atlantic City did not purchase any for sale which limited our ability to do

so.

Thanks for shopping at ahlstore.com.

Sincerely,

Sean

• 3 years later...

Does anyone know if authentic or replica jerseys were ever made available? Really want a Zuccarello AHL All-Star jersey. Only other option would be buying a game-worn and *shudder* stripping it. Not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand - Game worn All-Star jerseys are incredibly rare but, on the other hand if there aren't any retail shirts available don't have much choice.

Thoughts on stripping an AHL game-worn All-Star jersey if I can locate one?

Edited by Zeshy25