Carcillo Suspended 7 games

I have always liked him as a player he just has to not cross that line .The Hawks will miss him

A total goon and I am very glad he was suspended. He deserves it for his reckless play.

A total goon and I am very glad he was suspended. He deserves it for his reckless play.

Agreed. He's on my list of jackwagons who shouldn't be allowed to play hockey, along with Bertuzzi and Gillies.

Agreed. He's on my list of jackwagons who shouldn't be allowed to play hockey, along with Bertuzzi and Gillies.

Throw Jody Shelley, Andy Sutton, and that guy Janssen from the Devils on there too. :thumbsup:

Throw Jody Shelley, Andy Sutton, and that guy Janssen from the Devils on there too. :thumbsup:

Hey, I'm in.

As Mike Rupp said on 24/7, he is irrelevant out there.

I hope someone bites his finger off.

Wow...!!! The hit that Hossa put on the Nashville player in the 1st round of the playoffs when they won the cup was worse then this last Carcillo hit...and no one said a word about that...

Carcillo is a good player....is he a goon...??? No......he plays hard and lets his emotions get the best of him.....I think you guys are abit overboard....

is he a goon...??? No......he plays hard and lets his emotions get the best of him.....I think you guys are abit overboard....

I say the same about Trevor Gillies :thumbsup:

Carcillo is a good player....is he a goon...??? No......he plays hard and lets his emotions get the best of him.....I think you guys are abit overboard....

No, he's definitely a goon. Always has been, always will be.

I wouldn't classify Carcillo strictly as a goon. He has his goony (is that a word? lol) moments, but he can play the role of superpest really well.

Like most agitators out there, if they stay close to that line they are gold. Once they go over it however... well you get the idea.

Carcillo can handle himself well when surrounded by other players. During the Flyers cup run a couple years ago, he played his best hockey on a line with Richards and Gagne. Sure at times he looked a bit out of place, but he held his own for the most part.

Before his injury and suspension, wasnt Carcillo playing with Patrick Kane? Goons don't generally play with the teams top players.

Goons are guys like Jody Shelley, John Scott, Colton Orr, Jay Rosehill, etc. You stick any of those guys on a line with top players and they will stick out like a sore thumb.

I wouldn't consider Carcillo a goon either. Goony is a perfect word for him..he has his goon moments, but he can play.

It seems to me now more than ever he has turned into one of those guys who goes around and puts cheap hits on players. I agree with OrangeCrush above, that when with the Flyers, especially during their Cup run, he actually contributed to the team's offense and putting up points. But right now I don't believe that is a feasible statement. Good thing is the rest of the league is safe from his antics as long as he's on the shelf! :thumbsup:

In my opinion, Carcillo is like Avery--- a total pain in the ###, but when he wants to, he can actually play decent hockey. Don't get me wrong, I despise both Carcillo and Avery...but they're both decent hockey players when they put the goonish stuff/agitation aside.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe the Hawks resigned this clown to a 2yr extension.

Yeah seriously when they could use the $ elsewhere. Unless they gave him the league minimum...