NHLPA does NOT approve realignment

http://www.hockeyfights.com/news/168629

And the ESPN article - http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7434057/nhl-delays-realignment-plan-modified-playoffs-format

Heard it on the Ranger game earlier and posted it in the realignment thread, but this was gonna get posted anyway. The NHLPA shot down realignment today, and with the CBA expiring at the end of the season, this doesn't look good to me. I really hope this isn't the first sign that we're looking at another lockout.

Watching the same game, heard the same thing :( Still half season to go to work things out but I don't have high hopes :(

I don't either. The only thing that might prevent another lockout is that the NHL and the owners can't afford it.

:thumbsup:

good...don't want to see a lockout or strike, but the travel the Lightning would have to make is soooooo crazy!

:unsure:

I'm not a fan of realignment either, and while I'm glad they didn't approve it, it's going to be ammunition for the owners at the bargaining table. I really hope this doesn't cost us a season.

I'm not a fan of realignment either, and while I'm glad they didn't approve it, it's going to be ammunition for the owners at the bargaining table. I really hope this doesn't cost us a season.

This. Well said....Dropkick?!?!?!?!?! :thumbsup:

There are so many teams losing money I can't believe they would let realignment cause a lockout.

Especially with the NHL having to do something with the Coyotes sometime soon. Too much at stake for the 4th sport to not play and risk their limited fan base.

This. Well said....Dropkick?!?!?!?!?! :thumbsup:

LOL! Yeah, I think I might've been possessed when I typed that.

Get ready for another lockout boys. Knew it was coming the day the players hired Fehr.

I sure as hell hope not! You'd think the league would have learned its lesson the first time. I pray this will NOT happen.

I don't mind the realignment. It does have its pros and cons, and obviously, it cannot please EVERY team. I just hope the NHL and its players can agree on SOMETHING. I'd rather see an outrageous realignment and have a season, than not have any hockey in '12-'13.

• 3 months later...

It's pretty presumptuous for people to add replies to a bunch of older threads all at once to get past the 25 post limit to put something up for sale, then think no one will notice.

I hope that's not the case because we won't be allowing that to happen.

I hope that's not the case because we won't be allowing that to happen.

As long as it's an intelligent comment that contributes to the discussion, what does it matter? This is really an interesting topic that I believe will dominant the discussion once we reach the off-season. Because the CBA expires in September, and the threat of another lockout looms.

I agree that it was foolish the NHL approved the plan, but didn't really get the PA's approval before allowing it. I know it was shot down, but it would have been smart for the league to talking it over with the PA somewhat beforehand.

As long as it's an intelligent comment that contributes to the discussion, what does it matter?

Hey made 8 posts to old threads in 10 minutes last night to get himself above the 25-post limit, then posted a jersey for sale. Regardless of the content of the posts, I think the intent was clear. The purpose of the 25-post limit is for people to participate in the community before hawking their wares here, not to be a race to see how quickly you can make a certain number of posts.

Hey made 8 posts to old threads in 10 minutes last night to get himself above the 25-post limit, then posted a jersey for sale. Regardless of the content of the posts, I think the intent was clear. The purpose of the 25-post limit is for people to participate in the community before hawking their wares here, not to be a race to see how quickly you can make a certain number of posts.

Agreed. If you're not going to contribute to the forum, what's stopping you from ripping someone off? I'm not saying that's the intent of the member in question, but the rules are there for a purpose. Post-whoring to peddle your jersey is a bunch of crap.

Agreed. If you're not going to contribute to the forum, what's stopping you from ripping someone off? I'm not saying that's the intent of the member in question, but the rules are there for a purpose. Post-whoring to peddle your jersey is a bunch of crap.

I understand, and I agree. I'm not defending the guy cause I wasn't catching on that he was trying to pad his post count to get into the selling/buying/trading section. I was just saying, in general, if members want to start a discussion on some of these threads - regardless if their post count is low or not - then I don't see a problem with it. But given what this member was trying to do, I'm with you.