CCM Mario Lemieux Heros of Hockey Jersey Fake?

ejm5166

I just bought a Mario Lemieux jersey from ebay all looked good with the seller but now that I received it I'm thinking that it might be a fake, I'm hoping someone here is able to help me. Heres a link to the auction, if you need more photos let me know http://www.ebay.com/itm/290649618378?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_517wt_1378

Thanks,

Eric

Stay away from jerseys with those same CCM Vintage Hockey neck labels and number sizes- they're always fake. (An authentic of that model jersey would have sold for many hundreds of dollars.)

Stay away from jerseys with those same CCM Vintage Hockey neck labels and number sizes- they're always fake. (An authentic of that model jersey would have sold for many hundreds of dollars.)

Well to clarify, there are legitimate Vintage collection jerseys (the 1991 penguins jersey was a part of this)

The legit vintage collection jerseys have a blue stripe on the top and bottom of the neck tag, where the words "Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey" (along the top) and the french equivalent "Chandial Licencie Officiel" (along the bottom)

The jersey you have pictured has a grey background on the neck tag on the top and bottom stripes. That is a telltale sign you have a fake vintage collection jersey

Well to clarify, there are legitimate Vintage collection jerseys (the 1991 penguins jersey was a part of this)

The legit vintage collection jerseys have a blue stripe on the top and bottom of the neck tag, where the words "Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey" (along the top) and the french equivalent "Chandial Licencie Officiel" (along the bottom)

Yes, I should have been more specific about that. When I said "same CCM Vintage Hockey neck labels" I was referring specifically to the one on the jersey in question, which looks like the ones normally used in Vintage replicas (that say "Official Licensed Jersey" at the top of the tag). I am aware that there are legit Vintage authentics with the blue-bordered neck tags. :)

Get your money back if you can. It's definitely no good.

Can they get their money back?

I don't see where the listing states anything false???

I agree it's a bunko jersey but I don't think the seller did anything sketchy.

I was duped into buying one of these a while back due to clever foggy pic's hiding everything and a very simple description.

I never bothered to try and get my money back because I was the dummy and figured it was a good learning experience.

I have since sold mine for a fraction of what I paid and am much more careful - always ask for additional pic's.

Well isnt selling a fake sketchy enough? I would def try to get my money back if I was him.

Well isnt selling a fake sketchy enough? I would def try to get my money back if I was him.

But if you can't get your money back are you supposed to keep it forever?

I sold mine so I was not stuck with it, I took a beating on the difference but I didn't want to look at it anymore.

(Does that make me sketchy?)

I listed it very clearly so there was no question and when it sold I was glad to be rid of it.

I'd hate to have it haunt me forever.

You can get your money back since he's selling counterfeit jerseys. eBay will get into legal trouble if they don't act on it when it's explicitly brought to their attention, at least per Tiffany v. eBay....

In case anyone's wondering, Tiffany's filed suit against eBay for basically allowing infringing sales of counterfeit Tiffany's merchandise. They lost because eBay has a system in place where they're notified of counterfeit activity, and only then are they really responsible for it. Since they proved they did that, they won.

I think this is a case of buyer not being aware. People so often purchase things without being sure of what they are buying. How many times have we seen people buy a jersey not knowing if it is good or not. Doing your homework is essential wether you are buying a jersey , sneaker or anything else...counterfeiters sell everything do your homework and you won't be a victim of this so called "victimless" crime.

You do have to understand that the casual buyer cannot tell the difference between a real/knockoff jersey. They are too close to tell to the untrained eye. I would say if a collector who has purchased countless jerseys made this error, I'd vote YDI, but however, in this case, the buyer just wanted a legit jersey and was scammed and I vote FML.

You do have to understand that the casual buyer cannot tell the difference between a real/knockoff jersey. They are too close to tell to the untrained eye. I would say if a collector who has purchased countless jerseys made this error, I'd vote YDI, but however, in this case, the buyer just wanted a legit jersey and was scammed and I vote FML.

Jesus dude, speak English lol. I am on forums constantly and have never seen YDI. Also, Eff your life?

Just tell the dude you know this jersey is counterfeit, and if you don't get your money returned, you're reporting him to eBay. Simple as that.

Jesus dude, speak English lol. I am on forums constantly and have never seen YDI. Also, Eff your life?

Just tell the dude you know this jersey is counterfeit, and if you don't get your money returned, you're reporting him to eBay. Simple as that.

What he said

Haha. Its been a long day. I was up for 13 hours :o. I tend to make little sense between the hours of 12 midnight and 11:58 PM. From 11:58 PM - 12 Midnight I make even less sense, if possible.

Didn't you ever read FML.com? You can vote on people's stories YDI = You Deserve it FML = F*** My Life (really eff their life).

Haha. Its been a long day. I was up for 13 hours :o. I tend to make little sense between the hours of 12 midnight and 11:58 PM. From 11:58 PM - 12 Midnight I make even less sense, if possible.

Didn't you ever read FML.com? You can vote on people's stories YDI = You Deserve it FML = F*** My Life (really eff their life).

I read it before it was all abbreviated. Also, the reason I pointed out FML is because you were saying Eff MY life, when referring to someone else's blight. Lol.

I read it before it was all abbreviated. Also, the reason I pointed out FML is because you were saying Eff MY life, when referring to someone else's blight. Lol.

Haha you aren't cool then...go study! :P. I see. Its so confusing. The voting option should be FTL (their life)

I don't see where the listing states anything false???

It's not a size 50. Cant be. the tag is a fake.

They only come in lettered sizes.

Complete shenanigans!

Its so confusing. The voting option should be FTL (their life)

Everyone knows that FTL means "Faster Than Light" except for Guam64 who thinks it means "For the lulz".

Everyone knows that FTL means "Faster Than Light" except for Guam64 who thinks it means "For the lulz".

I thought Guam64 used FTL as an abbreviation for Bruce Boudreau? (F*** That Lard). Its like how TGC = The Golden Child = DP = DiPietro!