LA Kings Spanking Washinton!

ic0dex

He guys, so the Kings yesterday put a whipping on Washington and finally scored some goals. I noticed yesterday that Washington was losing to many pucks in the middle of the ice and they just had to many turnovers. What I want to know is did we just see the Kings improve thier game a bit or Washington just sucked?

Sorry guys missed the "G" in Washington, can't figer out how to edit that.

• 2 months later...

Ummmmmm... Yes! Both that happened. Kopitar is the new face of the NHL. Vokoun is about as useless as, well, trying to eat a tube of Preparation H to fix your hemorrhoids, Carter will be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and Ovechkin now is a liability to his team, because he's such a distraction!

Ummmmmm... Yes! Both that happened. Kopitar is the new face of the NHL. Vokoun is about as useless as, well, trying to eat a tube of Preparation H to fix your hemorrhoids, Carter will be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and Ovechkin now is a liability to his team, because he's such a distraction!

Not to mention the only aspect to Ovechkin's game is offense. Face offs, defense, penalty killing, shot blocking, and the list goes on, are all absent from his abilities.

Not to mention the only aspect to Ovechkin's game is offense. Face offs, defense, penalty killing, shot blocking, and the list goes on, are all absent from his abilities.

While I'm aware your hockey knowledge only goes up to mindlessly bashing Ovechkin with outdated cliches, I shall remind you that in the real world, Ovechkin actually has more blocked shots than Malkin, has been on ice for fewer goals against, about the same amount of PK time, and a slightly worse faceoff % despite the fact he is not even a center.

Now please, try and at least come with with something original instead of piggybacking off a post from some poser that proudly advertises the fact that he collects fake jerseys.

While I'm aware your hockey knowledge only goes up to mindlessly bashing Ovechkin with outdated cliches, I shall remind you that in the real world, Ovechkin actually has more blocked shots than Malkin, has been on ice for fewer goals against, about the same amount of PK time, and a slightly worse faceoff % despite the fact he is not even a center.

Now please, try and at least come with with something original instead of piggybacking off a post from some poser that proudly advertises the fact that he collects fake jerseys.

Now wait a minute. I'm not bashing Ovechkin, and I don't enjoy "mindlessly" doing it. If anything, I'm being knit picky or overly critical of his game.

In blocked shots you are correct, they are practically even. In faceoffs, Malkin has taken close to 1,200 draws with near 50% success rate. I can't even find Ovechkin on the list. They both don't play the PK.

Bottom line is you can't compare these guys, they play 2 different positions and have 2 different roles on their respective clubs. My argument is it's a LONG shot to say that Ovechkin has defense in his game.