Jonathan Toews game worn Olympic jersey

Modano9

I have a jersey that Toews wore in a game vs Germany in the Olympics. Certificate of authenticity and all. Anyone able to either tell me what it's worth, or where would be the best place to sell it ? I have an idea of what it would be worth, but I'd like to have more of an exact number and also want to see if someone would be interested in it. Thanks.

Edited by Modano9

You'd probably be better off consigning it to an auction house. That would maximize visibility to people who know what they're buying. I'd say it could probably command something north of $10,000 to the right buyer. Those Hawks fans pay out their rear-ends for Toews and Kane game jerseys.

I'd try gameworn.net...... His Hawks game worns get in the high thousands, considering this was from the Stanley cup year (not that it's related) and the Hawks did not release many jerseys from that season. My guess is you'd probably be able to fetch around 4-5k for it.

You'd probably be better off consigning it to an auction house. That would maximize visibility to people who know what they're buying. I'd say it could probably command something north of $10,000 to the right buyer. Those Hawks fans pay out their rear-ends for Toews and Kane game jerseys.

Not sure I'd say that...hawks quarters had em up for 10k and they never sold. There's currently a few Toews gamers that have been sitting idle for nearly a year now at 6k. The Kane third at auction went in the low thousands at the convention. I don't think this would get anything near 10k in this economy but then again it is rare as things get and from the Stanley Cup year and the only team released jerseys from that season were the Premiere games.

Thanks guys. Honestly I was thinking around $3 Gz or so. So in and around the ball park anyways. I just registered for gameworn.net but I have to go through the ol process to post there first. As much as I am a jersey collector, I'm looking to sell it so I'll see what I can do.

Don't sell yourself short on that guy unless you need the cash now...I would try getting 6k for it on first go if it were me since he has a more common Hawks for the same price. 3 is too low for that.

No way you get 6k for that jersey , i think its a great jersey and all but it was worn in one game my guestimate would be between 2.5 and 4.5.

I have some nice traders if you are interested

classicauctions.net, gamewornauctions.net, lelands.com and heritage auctions (HA.com) would likely be more than happy to sell that for you.

A Toews Team Canada vs Norway jersey recently sold for just over $4,000 on GameWornAuctions.net

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2010_Jonathan_Toews_Team_Canada_Olympics_Game_Worn_Jersey_Vancouver_2010_Olympics_1st_Olympic_Jersey_Photo_Match_Team_Canada_Letter_Lot_Includes_Limited_Edition_Card_and_Olympic_Puck-4096-120.html

I don't see this particular jersey selling too far off from $4, 000.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys. Thanks for all the input. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I included a couple pics of some light wear on the jersey. Looks like maybe a stick mark on the 6 and then there's a couple minor snags on the sleeve. Still looking to sell.

Please email me at traviscurrie@yahoo.ca if you're interested or have any questions. Thanks.

376865_10150995255917445_513018250_n.jpg

399219_10150995256367445_1451914511_n.jpg

You interested in a trade plus some cash?

You interested in a trade plus some cash?

Normally I'd say yes, but I'm in half with my brother on this one so just looking to sell. Thanks though.

just so you know a olympic tows sold on classic for 2.5 which if you look above was on the low end of my guesstimate

Thanks. Yeah I figured your estimate was pretty darn good. I think I'll be looking for at least 3.6 for mine.

Edit: Still have the jersey

Edited by Modano9

• 7 months later...

Still have the jersey. Havent really pushed it since this thread. Spoke with gameworn but ended up not going that route.

Asking 4 now after talking to more people recently. Not desperate to sell, but at the same time I'm not desperate to keep it either.

traviscurrie@yahoo.ca if anyone is interested. Thanks.