Joe Paterno

DropkickMurphy8

Official reports say he's in serious condition and near death, other unconfirmed reports say he died and that no official announcement will be made until tomorrow. If the latter is true, I don't know how much longer the family can keep it quiet.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the Sandusky scandal and whether Paterno could've done more, he's the most iconic football coach in the history of the game at any level, and he's been one of the best for almost 50 years. Sad day.

His son has refuted reports of his dad being dead.

Greatest coach ever any sport......hands down

I think he is too, one of the best EVER, in any North American sport. Over 400 wins in ANY sport is just phenomenal and definitely deserves some attention. Been watching him as long as I can remember. Legend hands down. We will miss you, Joe Pa, in the college football world.

It's a shame that 46 years of being a successful, respected coach has been tainted by the acts of a pedophile WHO HE REPORTED once he was informed. Sandusky is the one who should be dying of cancer.

Its sad that someone is fighting for their life and they have to deal with the nonsense that is Sandusky. Sandusky never should have done what he did. Most people should be allowed to die peacefully. I feel bad for Paterno.

I was pretty shocked when I found out he died. :( It's really sad to see him gone, not only for college football, but for PSU. JoePa will always be remembered for his legacy at Penn State and it's a shame he had to go out on a sour note, yet alone lose his life at this point in time... For me, watching a PSU football game will be a little strange for a while since he will no longer be their coach. It will take some time to sink in.

RIP Joe. We will all miss you.