Tim Thomas snubs Prez...

Hockey Bob

I don't care to much about stuff like this but I thought someone on here may get a kick out of it.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/boston-bruins-goalie-snubs-president-obama-111928.html

I'm glad he didn't go, and shame on anybody who blasts him for it. There have been players who didn't go when a Republican was in office and didn't get hassled, but now that it's Obama there's gonna be a big stink over it.

I really dont want to get in a huge political debate over this, but by not going, regardless of your views, makes that event all about Tim Thomas now. This was supposed to be a team event that recognized their accomplishments. It was a selfish act that portrayed Thomas bigger than his team.

Swallow your pride and just show up for 15 minutes. Smile, then leave.

Yeah I kinda agree, I mean, how many times will you get to go to the White House in your lifetime...

Still would be cool just to go no matter what your views are.

And maybe swipe some silverware or something :lol:

Dave Hodge of TSN just tweeted this....

TSNDaveHodge Dave Hodge - TSN

Don't know if it's fair to point this out, but Tim Thomas has three children named Kiley, Kelsey and Keegan.

Barack-Obama-Hockey-Jersey.jpg

Looks Legit but a total jersey foul/Strip job!

...He would look better in this one anyways!

winning.jpg

Best day in the white house EVER!

:thumbsup:

I agree with orangecrush, this was a selfish act by Tim Thomas to put himself above the team. If you can't respect the man, respect the position.

I may not agree with Barrack's decisions, but he is still the President.

Tim Thomas is a hockey player not a politician . His political views should not come before a team event so in my very humble opinion he put his political views ahead of his team which is pretty sad.

Thomas made it about himself when he decided to make a statement about it on social media. The White House visit is of little to no political or partisan relevance, it's more or less to celebrate the team accomplishments of the Boston Bruins organization for winning the Stanley Cup and provide PR for the NHL rather than to promote who is in office at the time.

Such a timely visit too.

I guess everyone had to wait for golf season to be over.

Oh wait, when you have several jets at your disposal it is never NOT golf season is it?

It takes so long to do the event in part because they do background checks on all the athletes and coaches. One of the players from the last super bowl championship team was banned from the event when his team went becuase of his criminal record.

I think Tim Thomas should've gone. One of the times the Wings won Doug Brown was the only American on the team and he told the President that he didn't vote for him and wouldn't vote for him in the next election either.

It was a player from the Mavs who was banned. I think it was Delonte West.

Football, basketball, it's all the same to me, if it's not hockey it's not really a sport. Although I do love real football, just not American football.

TSN is now saying that him not playing last night could be a sign of looking to move him after the season...

TSN is now saying that him not playing last night could be a sign of looking to move him after the season...

That would be a weird move, he is super aggressive, but still a solid netminder.