Ovechkin All-Star?

Krendelev

I'm a big Ovi fan but I think it's a crock of s*** that he still gets to play in the All-Star game in the middle of his three game suspension. If he's suspended he should be suspended for ALL games, not just his teams games. He most likely gets a bonus for playing in the all-star game that's as big or bigger than the amount he's losing for the suspension.

Actually he came out and said he's not going to play, probably because he's bitter he is suspended

He should give the league a big middle finger and a leaping headshot because it's obvious they were openly favoring a team in this instance. Ovechkin got 3 games for what was essentially a 2 minute charging penalty while Michalek got off without a fine for ramming Hendricks' head into the glass with the league going out of its way to blame Hendricks.

I dunno, I watched the game and am not biased to either team (actually like Ovechkin's ability as a physical dynamic forward) but I thought his hit was a lot worse, and what weighed in more is repeat offender for Ovechkin, which I think is fair because they obviously didn't listen the first time.

It was a 2 minute charging penalty that the refs missed. It was definitely not worse than an elbow directed specially at a player's head to ram it into the glass. They went out of their way to blame Hendricks for getting elbowed, while completely ignoring that only reason there was even contact to Michalek's head was because he was losing balance himself, as it was not the principle target of the hit.

It was a 2 minute charging penalty that the refs missed. It was definitely not worse than an elbow directed specially at a player's head to ram it into the glass. They went out of their way to blame Hendricks for getting elbowed, while completely ignoring that only reason there was even contact to Michalek's head was because he was losing balance himself, as it was not the principle target of the hit.

Was the hit on Michalek not the one where Ovechkin left his feet before hit?? Maybe I'm remembering the wrong play but I didn't think he was losing balance, and leaving your feet for a hit is not good imo

He should give the league a big middle finger and a leaping headshot because it's obvious they were openly favoring a team in this instance. Ovechkin got 3 games for what was essentially a 2 minute charging penalty while Michalek got off without a fine for ramming Hendricks' head into the glass with the league going out of its way to blame Hendricks.

Yeah no bias or anything, huh? :lol:

Better call the WAHHHmbulance!! :P

Yeah no bias or anything, huh? :lol:

Better call the WAHHHmbulance!! :P

That's rich coming from you when you were crying for Steckel to be suspended last year after the Winter Classic for incidental contact. :lol:

Wow. I never knew Ovechkin could jump so high! :thumbsup:

Too bad this isn't basketball...

He did the right thing for bowing out of the all star game. I'm sure he's a tad bit bitter about the whole thing also. Too bad though. He's fun to watch.

It was a late hit according to the NHL. I think that adds to the "ferociousness" of the hit also.

Lemieux dosen't drive s***! He owns the bus and makes Crosby drive.

Lemieux dosen't drive s***! He owns the bus and makes Crosby drive.

I was going to make a Crosby joke, but I thought better of it. Didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I know how sensitive the Pens fans are :thumbsup:

Well, You see. Some teams are WORTH defending. Unlike the Islanders. :thumbsup:

You Isle's fans must be made of 1" thick plate steel.

Don't make me send Brent Johnsonto beat your Goalie again! :)

I know :(

We are a schizo bunch :thumbsup: . Also its one of those things where we can say how bad our team is, but nobody else can

Please do, but you will need to send him to the ER to find DP. I think DiPietro is the only athlete to have gotten injured while on the IR.

This is what cause DiPietro's injury history

Thats why I vote for Lundqvist every year. Here's hoping to JT playing Gaborik and Lundqvist playing DP <3

DP's other gig is being Glass Joe in Mike Tysons Punch-out.

He's better at that job then his NHL gig. :)

That's rich coming from you when you were crying for Steckel to be suspended last year after the Winter Classic for incidental contact. :lol:

I love talking out my @$$ for amusement like this. :lol::P

I'm not sensitive to the Penguins, I could care less! The league just needs to develop CONSISTENCY when it suspends players for hits. Obviously, repeat offenders should face stiffer penalties than players who are first time offenders. But clearly this has NOT been the case.

I love talking out my @$$ for amusement like this. :lol::P

I'm not sensitive to the Penguins, I could care less! The league just needs to develop CONSISTENCY when it suspends players for hits. Obviously, repeat offenders should face stiffer penalties than players who are first time offenders. But clearly this has NOT been the case.

I have a bigger problem with Michalek not even getting a fine and Hendricks getting blamed.

I have a bigger problem with Michalek not even getting a fine and Hendricks getting blamed.

I can agree with a fine for the Michalek hit, but not a suspension. It was a clear board and rightfully a penalty. Not brutal enough AND no intent to injure leaves me not to agree with that hit being suspension worthy.

I don't understand why there wasn't even a penalty on the Ovi hit. Clearly left his feet. Oh yeah, he has #8 on his back and he plays for the Capitals. :rolleyes: