Any new info about edges 2.0s? and Indo Edge?

mikey3319

I returned an indo edge I got for Christmas last week to the Blackhawks store and it looked like they were carrying far fewer of them.

The store has their edge jerseys displayed in a 5 column, 5 row configuration on the back wall of the store. When I went in December just about every jersey on the back wall was an indo edge, last week there were only 2 columns with indo edge's...the remaining space was filled with Canadian made 1.0's.

I took it as a pretty good sign.

It's a sign....but I think your all reading to far into it. We are in the days of lean manufacturing. No more 1000 piece production runs. Small batches and low to no inventory. If you keep your inventory off shore and not in your store's back room shelf then their are little to no taxes that have to be paid on carrying an inventory. Retail stores had to carry replicas and authentic jerseys. Prices on authentics went up when the edge came along almost 100%. Fans showed up, but opted for the replica when they were told $300 for just the authentic jersey. So what happened? Inventories did not diminish. No one wanted to shell out that much money....then throwing sand back in their face (reebok) no one wanted the edge 1.0. What they did after all that was what your witnessing now. Less units on the shelf, change the units in the production field. Make it cheaper so less cost to the bottom line, more profit. Indo edge jerseys are good for reebok, bad for the collector, good for those who just don't care. This all equates profits to reebok. Remember even bad press is still good press. The best thing one can do is not buy it and not talk about it.

Coli (Islanders) doesnt have authenties either. The team store at a mall used to carry 1.0s. Haven't been to that mall this year, so I don't know if they have authentics. But I dont think they do.

New to the forum and just wanted to check in here. I assume Indo-Edges are authentic jersey coming from Indonesia. These are real authentic jerseys, correct? Are they just of lesser quality coming from Indonesia as opposed to Canada. Are there any huge differences between them and the Canadian authentics?

New to the forum and just wanted to check in here. I assume Indo-Edges are authentic jersey coming from Indonesia. These are real authentic jerseys, correct? Are they just of lesser quality coming from Indonesia as opposed to Canada. Are there any huge differences between them and the Canadian authentics?

Welcome. Yes the "indo-Edge" abomination jersey is what Reebok is passing off as a retail "authentic" jersey this season. It is not truly authentic as it is drastically different than what is worn on the ice.

In a nutshell, when Reebok introduced the Edge jersey in 2007-08, players complained and soon there was a different version worn on the ice for most player (Edge 2.0) than sold in stores (Edge 1.0). The only major difference was the material of the front and shoulders/arms being airknit material (like pre-Edge hockey jerseys).

Many jersey collectors were upset because they wanted what was worn on the ice (Edge 2.0). Instead this season Reebok went the other way and began selling the crap that is the "indo-Edge".

Here's the Edge 2.0 thread with some info (the indo-Edge info kicks in around page 9). And here's a gallery of images showing the lack of quality of the "indo-Edge" jerseys.

I returned an indo edge I got for Christmas last week to the Blackhawks store and it looked like they were carrying far fewer of them.

The store has their edge jerseys displayed in a 5 column, 5 row configuration on the back wall of the store. When I went in December just about every jersey on the back wall was an indo edge, last week there were only 2 columns with indo edge's...the remaining space was filled with Canadian made 1.0's.

I took it as a pretty good sign.

Are the 1.0s new with the wordmark or old stock with the vector?

There was someone that got a Nashville 1.0 team issue not that long ago but I can't seem to find the post, was pretty sure it had the wordmark as there is still a few players using 1.0's

Welcome. Yes the "indo-Edge" abomination jersey is what Reebok is passing off as a retail "authentic" jersey this season. It is not truly authentic as it is drastically different than what is worn on the ice.

In a nutshell, when Reebok introduced the Edge jersey in 2007-08, players complained and soon there was a different version worn on the ice for most player (Edge 2.0) than sold in stores (Edge 1.0). The only major difference was the material of the front and shoulders/arms being airknit material (like pre-Edge hockey jerseys).

Many jersey collectors were upset because they wanted what was worn on the ice (Edge 2.0). Instead this season Reebok went the other way and began selling the crap that is the "indo-Edge".

Here's the Edge 2.0 thread with some info (the indo-Edge info kicks in around page 9). And here's a gallery of images showing the lack of quality of the "indo-Edge" jerseys.

Thanks so much for the info. I did see that long thread but didn't know where to start! I will review from the page you mentioned.

There was someone that got a Nashville 1.0 team issue not that long ago but I can't seem to find the post, was pretty sure it had the wordmark as there is still a few players using 1.0's

Its true

[CONFIRMED]

Are the 1.0s new with the wordmark or old stock with the vector?

That I'm not sure of...I was only in the store for maybe 5 minutes. I just assumed that any jersey that had the wordmark was an indo and the ones with the vector logo were the CM 1.0's from last year.

• 1 year later...

not sure if this applies anymore, but me like many others bought an indo edge thinking it was the same jersey worn by players then I found this forum and a few threads about the 3 different "authentic" jerseys floating around. therefore I decided to return the indo edge back to amazon and search around for a blank edge 2.0 since it's money better spent from what i've read.

so, I apparently icejerseys.com is also a store that sells jerseys and looking at the capitals home sweater in their store, it says "made in canada" so that narrows it down to an edge 1.0 or 2.0. I email customer service to confirm and they say all their authentics are edge 2.0. this gets me thinking about some of the threads on here explaining that edge 2.0 is impossible to get retail (mostly) unless you get a GI or GW which will be like wearing a parachute since sizes below 56 are really rare. sooooo to finally get to my question, if they are really selling edge 2.0 on icejersey.com then are they game issue or is there FURTHER difference between comparable edge 2.0 sold to public and given to players???

What IJ is selling is more properly called a "retail authentic," not "game-issued." In the case of the Caps jersey, it's exactly the same thing the players wear, except that the retail jersey has a Reebok brand tag in the neck area, as well as only a single layer of twill attaching the fight strap to the back of the jersey, whereas the game jerseys have 2 twill layers- an extra one under the fight strap. Not really important differences- you're getting the same quality jersey the players wear.

ok great thanks for clearing that up. I've seen someone with a 2.0 alternate in a size 52 that doesn't have the reebok tag (see here: http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=3539) so it MUST be on ice right?. i'm now wondering, where do you get something like that? so say I wanted the home jersey in size 50 on-ice, where would one obtain that?

If when you say "on-ice" you mean a jersey intended for game use by the team (we call it team-issued), you almost certainly won't find one in a size 50 because no NHL player wears a jersey that small. The smallest you're likely to find would be a 52, and that's only for a team who had a player that used a jersey that small.

Team issue jerseys can be found on eBay or anyplace collectors sell stuff, some hockey team stores, MeiGray.com (official gameworn jersey seller for many teams), etc. However, if you want one to wear and you can't fit in anything over size 50, then you're unfortunately just out of luck. Fortunately for us smaller people, Reebok is slowly making retail authentic jerseys in smaller sizes available through dealers, but they are very, very far from having a complete jersey lineup available.

thanks for that info. its still pretty disappointing that after this indo edge fiasco, they still built in differences between a 2.0 retail and 2.0 for players. I know that i don't use the fight strap and that these are small differences, but when I buy something that's authentic, the small differences are what matters, otherwise i'd just settle on the IE right? i mean, how much could that little bit of twill cost? i suppose if the quality of the jersey is the same from the outside, and it's the only thing i can buy in a size that doesn't fit like a dress since i'm not wearing pads underneath, it'll have to do.