Leafs / Wings Winter Classic 2013

St. Patrick

bcb86feebbe4dd2170878e9c45132f05.jpg

3cc771733524423031a93b22082e7955.jpg

1d6f747ed8ac439da9a130d3b74d9b56.jpg

31909decadd27913b558ad107ea638f6.jpg

979626e6a5af17d0553e7b744043fafa.jpg

For those who'll be purchasing these jerseys, make note that they DO NOT come with the patch on the right shoulder....you have to buy it separately. RealSports has these in stock already with pricing at $139.99 for the jerseys and $19.99 for the patch. My guess is these will be hot sellers....especially the Leaf jersey.....the detail work in the crest is very nice.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like both team's jerseys. Hopefully they will go the authentic route for them. I can't imagine what the pricing for authentics (if available) will look like given the projected (likely very high) demand. Get ready to open your wallets up. :doh:

EDIT: $139.99 for a blank replica isn't terrible, I guess...

I don't get how the jerseys were just announced today and they are for sale already. How is that possible? It's never happened that way, right?

No in previous years the game was announced early, but the jerseys sometimes weren't announced/put on sale until Black Friday in November.

I'm guessing this is all due to having an extra year of planning.

My one complaint is that the Leafs jersey has white but the Wings jersey has vintage white. Seeing them together just makes the vintage white look dirty. I understand why teams like the vintage white (loved it on the Rangers WC) but with it being only one of TWO colors the Wings use, I wish they had stuck with just white like the Leafs.

I don't get how the jerseys were just announced today and they are for sale already. How is that possible? It's never happened that way, right?

I think the difference is the fact the jerseys were finalized and likely manufactured quite some time ago to be ready for the original date in 2013. Due to RealSports affiliation with MLSE my guess is they had first crack at stock in Canada and other vendors will get theirs in the coming weeks. I placed my order this morning as I wanted to make sure I got one. I'm sure they'll make plenty to go round but I have this feeling they'll seel fast at brick and mortar locations and might be difficult to get hold of. I'm thinking of getting the Detroit one as well even though I'm a Leaf fan......they make a nice looking set.

They probably didn't add the patch in case of the lockout...so they produced the jerseys last year and figured they could sell the patch separately. Im curious to see the born on dates.

I went to the local Hockeytown shop today and they had a bunch of Wings WC jerseys for sale. As usual they are air-knit replicas and seemed like they were decent quality compared to the usual replicas. I didn't even look at the pricing considering that I know that place jacks up the prices quite a bit. The replicas did actually have a nameplate though... which was a bit of a surprise. I'm going to be heading to the shop who does the Wings customization next week to pick up a jersey as well as to ask them if they are doing the WC jerseys for the team. If they do, I'd be more than willing to help anyyone out if they need customization done. their turnaround is less than a week and their price for the normal Wings jersey was only 35$... not bad at all if you ask me,.

$35 is a bargain....especially by the official customizer.

Sports Lettering Company does the Leafs jerseys......they charge $69.95 plus tax. Most places around here charge $50-$60 to customize a jersey you bring them.....quite pricey considering all the Leaf stuff is single layer names and numbers.

OK....just got back from picking up a Leafs replica WC jersey. All in all it's a very nice jersey but purists should note there are some key differences between these and what I assume the authentics will be if you are ordering online as the pictures retailers are using to depict them are incorrect. The key difference is the lettering on the crest......the pics shown online depict individual felt letters that are sewn in place when the actual replicas use embroidered lettering.

Replica:

DSC_0498.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg

Authentic:

69b1cf1772c6dc57030e262ce7083455.jpg

I spoke with the manager ay Real Sports and he has no idea if or when an Authentic version would be available.

Another important note in regards to the WC patch that goes on the right shoulder. There are two different sizes of the patch.....a large one and a small one. The large one that is currently the only one available does not fit the replica jersey as the stripe on the shoulder of the replica is narrower than the authentic. Pictured below is what it would look like thanks to this joker on eBay trying to sell a "rare" $139 replica for $280 that he affixed this wrong size patch to. The patch is supposed to be within the confines of the stripe and not overlapping onto the blue:

930c4b4c0b70d0f243ab87bca50610d8.jpg

I asked the manager about buying the smaller version and again....he had no idea if and when it would be available but he said it does exist. They were also sold out of the large version.

Another thing to note....I would highly recommend buying one in person vs online as the quality of the felt of the crest varied quite a bit from the ones I saw......many of them had crease marks from improper folding of the jersey, bunched up areas between the lettering, etc. I looked through 16 jerseys in my size to get one I found acceptable so online buyers beware.

They had some replica Detroit WC jerseys as well and I'm happy to report for you folks that they are exactly as depicted below

31909decadd27913b558ad107ea638f6.jpg

BTW......customizing the Leafs version is going to difficult for many I presume. The number font is basically much like what the Leafs use currently except it has rounded corners (sorry for not snapping a pic) The numbers and letters are felt to match the crest but a key detail is the numbers are completely stitched with scroll work that would be extremely difficult to replicate without and embroidery machine. The numbers RS was using are all pre sewn with this pattern for the numbers on the back and sleeves. Not sure if the authentic jerseys will do this detail on the player names as well but RS was simply using the current font in felt on a twill nameplate with the "old school" number font on the crested versions they were selling. The scroll work looks like this:

ef78833f39ea124bfe8f1f48da437f4f.jpg

It may have already been mentioned but are the As and C on the Wings jerseys going to be on the sleeve?

I found this picture online. It shows the Zetterberg jersey with the C on the sleeve and then another jersey with the A also on the sleeve

http://monroenews.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2013/04/07/543811_10151415854949139_1640997895_n_t670.jpg?b3f6a5d7692ccc373d56e40cf708e3fa67d9af9d

Just spoke with a rep from Real Sports head office as I needed to cancel an order. He said he had no idea if/when an Authentic version of the jersey will be sold to the public. He did say however that more winter classic product will be rolled out in the fall as the 2013-2014 season approaches so there's a good chance that if an authentic is coming out for public consumption it'll likely come out then.

On another note in regards to the shoulder patch for the jersey. The patch currently available is not correct at all and the authentics will come with the patch as it is stitched in place.

Incorrect

930c4b4c0b70d0f243ab87bca50610d8.jpg

Correct

c50fd3fd450e17714764dd23fbc99139.jpg

NHL and Reebok would be stupid not to roll out authentics. Even at $399 the Leafs version would be bought like crazy.

I have no interest until an MADE IN CANADA authentic that is exactly the same as worn during the game is made available. It will probably be my only jersey purchase for the rest of the year.

According to one over at gameworn.net, the Red Wings pro shop has the pro style available for $400. I don't know how accurate that is though because the guy put up two links referencing them as pro jerseys but they were just customized replicas.

I think it works for this game, but last year I don't think I would have liked the Rangers in a color, and I don't think I would have liked Philly in white. I think it was perfect.

Would this be a retail authentic? From the description it doesn't sound like it'll have the WC patch on it. I tdoes mention that it's a 7287.

http://www.jerseycity.ca/store/B101M7287-104X!CCM/Toronto+Maple+Leafs+2014+WC+Authentic+Jersey