Leafs / Wings Winter Classic 2013

St. Patrick

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NHL Shop currently has a sale going on for the WC jersey's with player customization (only for Lupul, Liles, and Grabovski) $142 shipped to ON.

Anybody know if it's a good deal? I remember reading somewhere about how the NHL Shop glues on their lettering/numbers instead of stitching them on?

(I must be missing something, as the only sale I can see for these is for $180.)

What bothers me about their customization (for replicas) is not just the heat-pressed vs. stitched issue, but also that the letters and numbers have a cheap, plastic look to them, and in many cases the fonts don't even look accurate. Even numbers or letters that are supposed to be multi-layered are single-layer with the design simply printed on them. There are even fake stitch lines printed on them. Just absolute rubbish, imo.

NHL Shop currently has a sale going on for the WC jersey's with player customization (only for Lupul, Liles, and Grabovski) $142 shipped to ON.

Anybody know if it's a good deal? I remember reading somewhere about how the NHL Shop glues on their lettering/numbers instead of stitching them on?

If they are anything like what RealSports sell as customized they are crap. Everything is heat pressed and not stitched on. When you see them in person in their store the nameplates, letters and numbers have the zig zag stitching but the stitching is on the individual pieces to give it the look that it is sewn on but a quick look inside the jersey reveals the truth.

I know a lot of people hate the replica stuff and many places botch the customizing. Good shops though that care size the letters and numbers correctly for them and stitch them on properly as well with correct layering and whatnot.

(I must be missing something, as the only sale I can see for these is for $180.)

What bothers me about their customization (for replicas) is not just the heat-pressed vs. stitched issue, but also that the letters and numbers have a cheap, plastic look to them, and in many cases the fonts don't even look accurate. Even numbers or letters that are supposed to be multi-layered are single-layer with the design simply printed on them. There are even fake stitch lines printed on them. Just absolute rubbish, imo.

that is terrible - looks like I'm going to cancel my order then.

Yea if you use the code NHLE at check out I believe it applies a 30% discount, and shipping is free for the week. I wouldn't mind the letters being pressed but if they're not going to be accurate then what's the point...

So the ones at Real Sports aren't accurate either then? Another poster mentioned they're using the current font (on the regular jerseys) but I'm assuming the WC ones should look different.

###### that is terrible - looks like I'm going to cancel my order then.

Yea if you use the code NHLE at check out I believe it applies a 30% discount, and shipping is free for the week. I wouldn't mind the letters being pressed but if they're not going to be accurate then what's the point...

So the ones at Real Sports aren't accurate either then? Another poster mentioned they're using the current font (on the regular jerseys) but I'm assuming the WC ones should look different.

Call and cancel it ASAP. They don't allow returns on customized jerseys.

Just noticed House of hockey on eBay has authentic Detroit WC jerseys, but they appear to be indo's. They're ridiculously expensive for indo's.

Wow, didn't expect that one... :(

Wow... I definitely didn't think they'd Indo those... very odd. That sucks.

Wow... I definitely didn't think they'd Indo those... very odd. That sucks.

It is the Leafs more money they can get the better for them you will see the knock offs on the market soon .

All the store around Toronto are advertizing them

You'd have to suspect they probably made them many months ago before they opted to ditch the Indo, remember this game was originally scheduled before this season even started. These were probably made like August of 2012. Should ask the Ho'H if there is a born on date tag.

And now Dinglebears posted them for the same exact price, which is a shock since his prices are always insane.

Reebok just saved me $400 awsome.

I'm just gonna slap a patch on my heritage jersey and call it a day........

If you thought I was serious give yourself a hand..... right across your face.

Jersey city emailed me saying reebok will not ship out the authentics until the fall because they need to put the patch on. So they asked me if they wanted to hold the order.

We should probably find out if they are made in Canada authentics or indo-edges

We should probably find out if they are made in Canada authentics or indo-edges

Pretty sure they're gonna be legit 2.0's. There were no indos made for last years authentics. But it never hurts to check :thumbsup:

code stated by jersey city made them canada 2.0's

B101M7287-104X

You are right.....well I hope it really is the case.....for $350 plus tax......

Thanks for the updates on these jerseys. Looks like the ones from HoH and Jersey City do NOT include the patch... You'd think for $350+ it would come with it.

They definitely make a authentic made in Canada version of the these jerseys (7287). I was able to get my hands on a Detroit one earlier this month. Small perks of working in a hockey retail store. They only had 20 available in size 52 from the reebok ordering site. Originally they were going to ship August 1st but once nhl announced the game, the jersey showed up 2 days later.

They are around but finding them maybe hard, as special edition jerseys are usually available by booking only 7 months away. I know we had to book our order blind without seeing the prototypes of both jerseys. I guess they had few extra authentics or store may of cancelled their order so those became available.