Leafs / Wings Winter Classic 2013

St. Patrick

I was at real sports in Toronto today and they have the 2.0 Toronto winter classic jerseys. $350 plus tax most sizes too

I almost bought it but I had already spent way too much on a gamer - which will be posted soon :)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at real sports in Toronto today and they have the 2.0 Toronto winter classic jerseys. $350 plus tax most sizes too

I almost bought it but I had already spent way too much on a gamer - which will be posted soon :)

Awesome. They were definitely 2.0s? That's great news to hear that they do exist. Did they have Detroit too or just the Leafs ones?

They were definitely 2.0. The have a rack of their indo edges which was on the other side of the store. They didn't have any 2.0 regular leaf jerseys though

I just got an authentic Leafs in the mail today from Frozen Pond for $269. It's Canadian made. I know that it's about $100 less than Real Sports and Jersey City, so does that mean that I should worry about it's authenticity?

That sounds like a pretty good price for a 2.0. I doubt FP would sell fake stuff. If you are not sure, post some closeup photos of the jersey and we'll know right away if there's a problem.

I took these so far. Let me know if you want specific shots of anything else. Thanks! BTW, I've been a long time lurker on here. I figured that this was finally worthy of my first posts!

tumblr_mo7bpqZOCz1stjcduo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mo7bpqZOCz1stjcduo2_1280.jpgtumblr_mo7bpqZOCz1stjcduo4_1280.jpg

Thanks for putting my mind at ease! The way it fit when I tried it on threw me off too. It's a 52 but fits like a pre-Edge 48.

Now explain to me why some teams that have been around since the beginning of time can reinvent their jerseys and they look awesome, while teams that have been around for just over 10 or 20 years (Tampa Bay, Carolina, etc) can't come up with anything new that actually looks like a hockey jersey should!

I'm hoping the Wings pros are nice like the Leafs. Has anyone purchased one of those yet?

Funny you should ask, I just received mine in the mail yesterday. I bought mine from Frozen Pond and it's a legit 2.0 made in Canada, not Indonesia. Want super crazy about the style when I saw pictures of it, but after I got it...it really impressed me.

Hopefully the link works, there are a bunch of pics in my Flickr photostream.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/wookiebond/9082051616/

Funny you should ask, I just received mine in the mail yesterday. I bought mine from Frozen Pond and it's a legit 2.0 made in Canada, not Indonesia. Want super crazy about the style when I saw pictures of it, but after I got it...it really impressed me.

I contacted one of the guys selling pro's on eBay last night asking questions. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151042655430&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Dear hockeyjimm,

from what i have been told by my jersey rep. there is no canadian version and the ones that are showing canadian tags are the counterfeit ones. the real ones that were produced by the nhl have a lime green size strip in the inside back of neckline that can be seen in my photos. if it doesnt have the green in the inside neckline, its not real. there were only a few of us who got the authentic style and if it isnt priced at 300 or above, its not real if they are claiming it to be a officially licensed.

good luck in your search.

- dinglebears

Honestly really I want a proweight but I want to make sure it's not a crappy one. What size did you get? I see FP only has 52 and 56's left. I like the way a 54 fits personally. Not too big not too small.

Thanks!

I contacted one of the guys selling pro's on eBay last night asking questions. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151042655430&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Dear hockeyjimm,

from what i have been told by my jersey rep. there is no canadian version and the ones that are showing canadian tags are the counterfeit ones. the real ones that were produced by the nhl have a lime green size strip in the inside back of neckline that can be seen in my photos. if it doesnt have the green in the inside neckline, its not real. there were only a few of us who got the authentic style and if it isnt priced at 300 or above, its not real if they are claiming it to be a officially licensed.

good luck in your search.

- dinglebears

Honestly really I want a proweight but I want to make sure it's not a crappy one. What size did you get? I see FP only has 52 and 56's left. I like the way a 54 fits personally. Not too big not too small.

Thanks!

That guy isn't telling you the truth. My jersey rep has also told me there aren't Canadian made 2.0's available of the Winter Classics, but the pictures that people have posted show real, legit, authentic jerseys. They're just clearly very limited. Reebok isn't very good with their information, but any jersey retailer (like myself or dinglebears) should be able to tell the difference. There are Canadian made authentics of the Winter Classics. They are just very hard to find and very rare. But suggesting that those pictures are counterfeit, that's wrong of him to do. He should know the difference.

So honestly what's the difference between the Canadian and Indo proweight jerseys?

So honestly what's the difference between the Canadian and Indo proweight jerseys?

Well, I moreso meant that the tags are obviously legit, and looking at the pictures of the material you can tell the jerseys are real. He's not even claiming that they're Indo-Edge, he's saying they're counterfeit and that's absolutely not true.

But the differences between the Canadian made Edge 2.0 vs. an Indo-Edge come down to the following:

- Different materials

- Slightly different cut

- Different type of fight strap

- Different type of size tagging (Edge 2.0 typically has a CCM size tag, whereas Indo has it on the neon green neck stripe)

I'm sure someone can elaborate on that more than I have, but I was just appalled that he was saying the Canadian ones are fake.