• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my guess, the Red Wings will wear a red version of this:

2315691340100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

And the Leafs will wear a white version of this:

2685820740100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Photos borrowed from JeffB/Spyboy1's collection

Leafs will lose.

I want tix......gotta start making some phone calls.....

TMLFAN, wanna make this a group venture?

I'm on the fence about trying to get tickets. The view will be crappy and it is going to cost a crap load for a ticket. I'm thinking I'd rather just watch it in HD at home and use part of what it would cost to go to buy the jersey.

I'm on the fence about trying to get tickets. The view will be crappy and it is going to cost a crap load for a ticket. I'm thinking I'd rather just watch it in HD at home and use part of what it would cost to go to buy the jersey.

Thats what i call smart thinking, I cant wait to see the jerseys. The Leafs should be awesome.

I grew up in Ann Arbor and I think I'd rather watch in on t.v. than actually go to the game. The views will suck in the stadium and UofM students really annoy me.

I hope the Leafs use this jersey.

2149672070107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

I was in your shoes last year. I had the choice between shelling out $300 for the jersey or $300 for the ticket. I went the jersey route and don't regret it for one second. The alumni game was more important to me so I went to that. It was like 20º warmer than the WC, and I was freezing my Arse off. Nothing beat watching it at home with the misses in my jersey sipping some Turkey Hill Iced Tea. Plus, I could actually see the game.

Moral of the story: Buy the warmer memory.

I was in your shoes last year. I had the choice between shelling out $300 for the jersey or $300 for the ticket. I went the jersey route and don't regret it for one second. The alumni game was more important to me so I went to that. It was like 20º warmer than the WC, and I was freezing my Arse off. Nothing beat watching it at home with the misses in my jersey sipping some Turkey Hill Iced Tea. Plus, I could actually see the game.

Moral of the story: Buy the warmer memory.

Did you buy that at Wawa? :lol:

It is a once-in the life time experience (unless you are a Pit/Phi fan), so do both jersey AND game!

It is a once-in the life time experience (unless you are a Pit/Phi fan), so do both jersey AND game!

Wawa doesn't sell TH iced tea, fool, they make their own iced tea that was good until they changed all the recipes roughly 6 years ago.

If I had a job, I'd do both. But I would have had to take the misses...so yea. And her parents got us alumni tix for Christmas which worked out perfectly. I'm just saying that for us weirdos especially, jersey > game.

Wawa doesn't sell TH iced tea, fool, they make their own iced tea that was good until they changed all the recipes roughly 6 years ago.

If I had a job, I'd do both. But I would have had to take the misses...so yea. And her parents got us alumni tix for Christmas which worked out perfectly. I'm just saying that for us weirdos especially, jersey > game.

Which Wawa doesn't sell TH? I thought they go hand in hand (Like boats and water)...Wawa has everything?

If I had a job, I'd buy a jersey/week (I am actually being heavily recruited to become a clown. Very good pay, but don't know if thats the right job for me), No misses to worry about. All about the jerseys. But going to the game has to be cool. At least doing one of the post-game skates. I want to go to the Spitfires game.

While Akteon's choices for jerseys are great, part of me doesn't want them to go into production again, especially that rare Maple Leafs one. I want to protect my investment in mine!

###### those two would have a lot of stripes on the ice!

Add Detroit to that list of multiple experiences.

I agree with Akteon about the Red Wings possible jersey, they likely go with some similar version of their TBTC throwbacks.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see the Leafs go with a St. Pats jersey. Slick, IMO. B)

While Akteon's choices for jerseys are great, part of me doesn't want them to go into production again, especially that rare Maple Leafs one. I want to protect my investment in mine!

###### those two would have a lot of stripes on the ice!

I was actually suggesting reversed versions of those. I can't see the Red Wings passing up an opportunity to wear red as the home team. Also I think the new trend is to release an entirely new design so they can cash in on more sales instead of reusing a historical style that has already been re-issued & sold.

So after some quick photoshop work he's what I was imagining. I agree still would be a ton of stripes :lol:

zjuh7c.png

Anybody planning on going that wants an Ann Arbor hotel should book this morning. I went to U of M and am a football season ticket holder, they book months before the season. If you want to PM me I can tell you the ones that are walking distance to the stadium and campus bars. I checked and a couple are booked already. Ann Arbor does not have a huge Hilton or anything so if you don't move fast you will be stuck on the outskirts.

Also, the golf course will not be open for tailgating, so the lots will be full hourse before the drop.

I don't want to see the Leafs go with green. I'd much rather see them do a white version of the 1934 jersey:

MapleLeafs07.png

Solid white though. No cream. Cream doesn't work for Toronto. They could do what the Bruins did for their 75th jerseys and use double-layered letters for the name to stand out over the striping along the back. Maybe even add some tertiary leafs for the shoulders too just to add something extra.

As for the Wings, how about a red version of this:

Cougars3.png

Solid red body with white striping along the arms and maybe one on the hem. A white collar too. Use white letters arching across the chest and then replace the cougar head with a vintage looking winged wheel. I think those two attempts would look really sharp under the lights in the Big House.